Inside/back art:

10945416-1397648542-733696.jpg

10945416-1397648542-733730.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
I totally agree that it's great that more people will now have the chance to have this in their collection.

My main gripe is that I've only stomached their catalogue price increase due to the fact the run was lower. If this was originally set at 4k in all likelihood it would also be priced at £14.99.

Ye the difference between having the sold out button or the pre order button does have a huge effect on people. It's the same homogenous product as it was when the run was ultra limited, but just more of them available, so theres no difference. Zavvi have just seen an opportunity to make more money.

With prices going up to 25 for a steelbook these days, I'm happy to pay 18 or so for this :LOL: , especially after having to order Thor 2 and Cap America 2 from Germany. :(

I couldn't care less about print runs myself (up them all, IMO), but if they did in fact remove the limit/increase the run post-announcement/pre-orders, then I have a big problem with that, on principle alone. Zavvi has enough trouble conducting respectable business as it is without pulling shady $#!+ like that.

Let's hope it was a simple editing error, as previously theorized.

Sold Out

Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Theatrical and Recut Extended Versions)
Limited to 2000 copies
Its still a sold out release

Last edited:
Although the print run should not matter. If you pre order something that is said to be ultra limited, which has been 2-2500 copies normally, it shouldn't change. They shouldnt advertise it as been ultra, if its not really going to be. Seems like a ploy to generate more sales. And we all know that sold out can change with zavvi!

Although the print run should not matter. If you pre order something that is said to be ultra limited, which has been 2-2500 copies normally, it shouldn't change. They shouldnt advertise it as been ultra, if its not really going to be. Seems like a ploy to generate more sales. And we all know that sold out can change with zavvi!

Its still limited to 2000

The description was updated to show it included both theatrical and recut versions and by mistake removed the Ultra Print Run description

Noting has changed its only 2000 Limited and Sold Out
As usual near release date or just after cancelled orders due to declined Debit/Credit Cards or customer cancelling will become available

It was the Same with Mars Attack and Beetlejuice the Description was changed and Ultra Limited was removed but both of them still were limited to 2500 and Sold Out

Last edited:
Its still limited to 2000

The description was updated to show it included both theatrical and recut versions and by mistake removed the Ultra Print Run description

Noting has changed its only 2000 Limited and Sold Out
As usual near release date or just after cancelled orders due to declined Debit/Credit Cards or customer cancelling will become available

It was the Same with Mars Attack and Beetlejuice the Description was changed and Ultra Limited was removed but both of them still were limited to 2500 and Sold Out

I take what I said back then. its good that we get 2 versions of the movie.

Why oh why is this sold out???

I'm not usually fussed about artwork but this has to go down as the all-time worse steelbook artwork in the history of steelbook artwork's..

Every time I look at it I want to get some felt tip pens and colour it in :D

I know.

There was such potential for this one too. Black and white or colour i'm not fussed... but the film has so many cool images and what do they do...?

Some rough half-assed sketch of a face that fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch.. blah blah blah.

Might as well draw a picture of Mickey's hairy butt and be done with it.

Why oh why is this sold out???

I'm not usually fussed about artwork but this has to go down as the all-time worse steelbook artwork in the history of steelbook artwork's..

I had the same frustrations and dilemma about buying an appalling steelbook or missing out on a steel for one of my fave movies.....so just do what I did and import a far superior North American version, you can even play the disc as it works on region B players. Problem solved!

I'm also amazed that this abomination sold out, which makes me think that 80% were bought by scalpers for eBay resale.

ive cancelled this, i get that its the comic artwork an all but at the end of the day im not buying the comic im buying the movie. Never read the comic and not too fussed about reading it either. will probably import a us copy

I take it you're not familiar with the original Sin City comics then! That's Frank Miller's art, who wrote and illustrated Sin City.

Nope i didn't know that, thanks for enlightening me though.

Still a poor choice for artwork. As somebody said.. This is the film version not the comic.