[Note: full slip edition is approved by director Bong joon-ho]

e8esy3e4.jpg
Type C - Lenticular Slip Cover edition package - 666 copies
Snowpiercer Lentic Pack.jpg

1401727940643478.gif
<Lenticular effect>
99dzzb.gif
Old info:
Pre-order date: June 3rd, 2014 14:00 PM (as Korea time)
[Time Table]
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 2 June 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 06:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Paris (France) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 05:00:00

Attachments

• ????A??_??????.jpg
    ????A??_??????.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 12,781
  • ????C??_??????.jpg
    ????C??_??????.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,785
  • Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10,674
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 842
Last edited by a moderator:
Those who expected region free should not feel too disappointed as you can easily trade it off.
not the point
I like the movie, enough to pay almost double the UK going rate for a steelbook, so as too have a nice copy with extra bells and whistles, so to now have the option of a double dip/swap out the discs if/when a UK version is released, or sell on have left me very disappointed. I bought this cos I wanted it. simple.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I thought Choi worked for Kimchi?
If so then I would expect the information he gives to be accurate, I don't think it should be so difficult to state before hand if a disc will be region free or not

I bought the Type A package so obviously dropped quite a lot of money on it.
Finding out afterwards that I won't be able to watch the actual film without a region free Blu-Ray player is clearly a big let down.
My point is if the correct information had been given, up front, then I would have passed on buying this.
I certainly wouldnt have opted for both B+C versions....not sure if I would have stuck with the lenti or not.

We are so lucky to have Choi in the forum and helping us with all the questions and troubles we have. Plus dont forget he help us with some kimchi group buys like T2, and especially Frozen kimchi. Without Choi help and HDN staff, we would not even had a chance ordering Frozen from Kimchi.
agreed!!!
I have a region B Panasonic player and I have successfully played this disc. As one of the other members said if you press Top Menu while disc is loading then it takes you to the disc menu and you can play it without any problems. If this was truly region locked to A then you would get a screen on your player saying that the region code of the disc does not match the region code of the player. This screen does not appear at any stage. This disc appears to have some issues LOADING in region B players due to some issues in the authoring process.
this sounds like it could be the case - I dont get a region error message on either Samsung or PS3 blu-ray - it just boots me back to the machine menu and the PS3 thinks the disc is DVD not blu-ray.

I feel sorry about wrong region code info from publisher.

I double checked against publisher if region A lock or free all.

Publisher said it's region free. so I wrote region coding before release date.
but unfortunately publisher gave me wrong info about region coding,

I will ask kimchidvd to see if what kimchidvd can do for it.

if Kimchi could accept return from who has not been satisfied with disc, I will post here to process smooth action

once again, sorry for region coding error, even if region code all printed on slipcover.
its not your fault Choi. The information given was that the region coding would follow prior releases, but prior releases from the same publisher have been a mix of locked and unlocked....hardly clear information.

I can confirm ( as I've been stung ) that this won't play in a Region B Sony Playstation 3, I have tested it on my parents Samsung Region B Blu-ray and it played (after pressing menu then 2) and looks amazing. My version was the Full Slip. Bit of a bummer really as it says "ALL" on the packaging.
You win some you loose some.

Oh and Hi (first post lol)

No one else disappointed about no English friendly extras?
All the versions so far released (Germany/French/Italy/Korea) extras are not English friendly
Extras don't have English Subtitles
Only the Main Film itself does with Korean Release have English subtitles but not with any of the extras

There are 2 of the extras that have a bit of English audio but mostly is Korean audio
one of the extras is French audio only and rest are Korean audio but there is no option yet in any of worldwide release that has English subs for any of the extras

That might change if we see a USA or UK release happen

Last edited:
All the versions so far released (Germany/Italy/Korea) extras are not English friendly

There are 2 of the extras that have a bit of English but there is no option yet in any of worldwide release that has English subs for extras

That might change if we see a USA or UK release happen

Good old Zavvi. There's a market there.

Lack of subs on Korean disc extras is nothing new. Over the years I think the only Korean extra I've seen to have subs on the extras was on the feature length making-of of Lee Myung-se's Duelist. It's a shame but yeah don't expect it to change. :D

When was the theatrical release in the UK?
I know in the US and here in AUS, the film was theatrically released in the past few weeks so there won't be a blu-ray release for at least a couple of months.

Rover

I swear it was released back in June in limited cinemas in the UK.

Reactions: rover
I swear it was released back in June in limited cinemas in the UK.
That means it's probably been 2 months and it usually takes 3-4 months for the BR to get released; minimum.
Anyway, the German BR and Australian BR have late-September/early-October release dates, respectively.
So the UK one will probably be around then as well.

Rover

I bought the full slip and the lenti on the understanding they were region free. To say I am pi**ed off to learn they are region locked to A is an understatement!!!!

I bought the full slip and the lenti on the understanding they were region free. To say I am pi**ed off to learn they are region locked to A is an understatement!!!!
Well, it seems that some region B players will play it. See the previous posts. Back a page or so.
Still sucks though. :)

I can confirm ( as I've been stung ) that this won't play in a Region B Sony Playstation 3, I have tested it on my parents Samsung Region B Blu-ray and it played (after pressing menu then 2) and looks amazing. My version was the Full Slip. Bit of a bummer really as it says "ALL" on the packaging.

Just received it and can confirm that it really plays on a Panasonic Region B BD. Thanks for the hints :thumbs:

you got it working on a Samsung player?
Could you tell me what model nos? Mines like a smart 3D one and I couldn't get it working, but I have a gut feeling it may be dud disc's on my end (though I'm not wanting to open the full slip version too in order too check)