[Note: full slip edition is approved by director Bong joon-ho]

e8esy3e4.jpg
Type C - Lenticular Slip Cover edition package - 666 copies
Snowpiercer Lentic Pack.jpg

1401727940643478.gif
<Lenticular effect>
99dzzb.gif
Old info:
Pre-order date: June 3rd, 2014 14:00 PM (as Korea time)
[Time Table]
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 2 June 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 06:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Paris (France) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 05:00:00

Attachments

• ????A??_??????.jpg
    ????A??_??????.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 12,771
  • ????C??_??????.jpg
    ????C??_??????.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,777
  • Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10,670
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 838
Last edited by a moderator:
That's because of the hack. BDInfo says Region A.
Its a hack only sort off with selected player that are Region B only
You don't get the usual region error message
So the Disc has not been fully locked to Region A in the correct way
It will play on Some Region B players

My Panasonic Region B only Player
It does work though by pressing top menu on the remote

Some Region B Blu-ray players work only because the region lock was not done correctly on the Disc and will depend on what region b player you have if it works

It wont play on any Sony Region B players and Sony PlayStation 3

But in saying all this I new from Day one it could be Region A as the it was listed as Region A on kimchidvd website
I also have a Toshiba Region A player so I was not bothered if it was locked to Region A
I ordered knowing it could Region A only

Last edited:
It's definitely noise and artifacts. I'm 99% sure it's unintentional.
I haven't checked the Korean disc yet. But I have watched the Japan release and the picture quality was amazing! Blacks were inky and solid and noise levels were unnoticeable to me. Watched it on a pro calibrated 65" ZT60 Plasma.

Also it could be down to how your panel/projector is set up (calibrated) or not.....:photo: Will check the Korean disc later and report back if I see an overt amount of noise and artefacts in the picture...:muted: :p

I haven't checked the Korean disc yet. But I have watched the Japan release and the picture quality was amazing! Blacks were inky and solid and noise levels were unnoticeable to me. Watched it on a pro calibrated 65" ZT60 Plasma.

Also it could be down to how your panel/projector is set up (calibrated) or not.....:photo: Will check the Korean disc later and report back if I see an overt amount of noise and artefacts in the picture...:muted: :p
I'll be interested to see what you find. I don't have a pro setup, but I don't notice this noise on a lot of the nicer blu's I own. Let me know!

One different I did notice when watching the Kimchi version of Snowpiercer from my French one is that the french cut opens with an animated montage of what brought the world to be covered in snow. The korean bluray disc does not have that and goes straight into the movie. Kinda sad really cuz I thought that was very well done.

What do you mean by animated?
I watched it yesterday and there was some kind of introduction as to the reason for the snow.

Moony

you clearly ignored the plethora of posts confirming region B machine playback from various member :rolleyes:

Did you not read my post a few pages back on this? The disc IS region A locked. Some region B players can get around this by skipping straight to the menu. That doesn't make it region B friendly because the majority of region B players will not play this disc.

yeah that helped loads but still cant get the discs too play - its the same series as the one you got it working on, but when I select the disc icon and hit menu it just refreshes the screen with a 'stop' icon in the top corner as if I'd hit stop :(

I'm super convinced I've got dud discs now :(
yeah that helped loads but still cant get the discs too play - its the same series as the one you got it working on, but when I select the disc icon and hit menu it just refreshes the screen with a 'stop' icon in the top corner as if I'd hit stop :(

I'm super convinced I've got dud discs now :(

Sorry to hear that,
Just to make sure, you're pressing the menu button on the remote when the scrolled menu is on the Video option, similar to this? :

BD-E5400_Home_Menu.jpg

Here's a review on Amazon UK for the player and this guy seems to think you can make it region free (maybe that's what the previous owners of my parents machine did? Maybe worth a try.

"1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 57538 on the number pad.
10. The region code "2" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.(this just flashed on then off, so keep an eye on the screen)
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free.
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change

You will find that you most probably not do it on the 1st try but keep on trying and you will get it to work.
Once done you will find that you will love this blu-ray player."

I can't vouch for this thou. :bag: Good luck.

Reactions: yeslek
Its a hack only sort off with selected player that are Region B only
But in saying all this I new from Day one it could be Region A as the it was listed as Region A on kimchidvd website

And this is where all the confusion happened. The majority of past Kimchi Exclusives WERE region free - so when this was listed as Region A, we were waiting a long time for confirmation on whether this was correct, or whether this was a placeholder. By the time it came to placing orders, the information still wasn't confirmed, so rather risk losing out, we purchased.

Then Choi got a response from the publisher, and said he wasn't allowed to confirm what Region the discs were, but said that "anyone with a DVD player can play these discs" which to me, came across as confirmation that the discs were region free. Then the discs arrived, and it's even printed on the Full Slip that it's REGION ALL... but it's not - this is why people are a little pissed... perfectly understandable.

Last edited:
Is it just under five minutes, comprised of fly-throughs of 3D "still" scenes? If so, it's the sixth extra on disc two. I thought it was a storyboard/pre-vis feature at first.
Narration is in Korean, with the minimal background audio in English; no English subs and no other audio options.

Thanks - I hadn't gotten around to checking the exras yet. I kinda like it as part of the films introduction on the studio canal release rather than this one. Debating now if its worth keeping the Region B disc.

I've intended to give a full slip away as a gift to a non-collector and good friend. But I haven't been able to part with it ahhh Im going crazy!!!!!

I am thinking about doing an EPIC Christmas Giveaway though...with this Full Slip, TWS BB, Thor 2 BB, plus a few other top notch exclusive items that have my seal of OCD approval. This would be a jackpot of a giveaway. Just kind of toying with the idea right now because its about time I do a giveaway to some lucky ninja. I would never be that lucky to win a giveaway like the one I would host.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Finally had the chance to watch this one last night. Took a little bit to figure out how to turn off the subs, but did it and watched the movie. I have to say I think its one of the best movies ive seen so far this year. I loved every minute of it. Give that director an open checkbook so he can make some more great films!!!

Finally had the chance to watch this one last night. Took a little bit to figure out how to turn off the subs, but did it and watched the movie. I have to say I think its one of the best movies ive seen so far this year. I loved every minute of it. Give that director an open checkbook so he can make some more great films!!!

You really should check out his other films. I think Memories of Murder and Mother are masterpieces. The Host is great too.

Reactions: The Driver
I've intended to give a full slip away as a gift to a non-collector and good friend. But I haven't been able to part with it ahhh Im going crazy!!!!!

I am thinking about doing an EPIC Christmas Giveaway though...with this Full Slip, TWS BB, Thor 2 BB, plus a few other top notch exclusive items that have my seal of OCD approval. This would be a jackpot of a giveaway. Just kind of toying with the idea right now because its about time I do a giveaway to some lucky ninja. I would never be that lucky to win a giveaway like the one I would host.
View attachment 97680
Even your giveaways have to be perfect Dings!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches

I liked the whole freakin movie up until the very end.....
(full spoiler below... but I can't find the spoiler button to save my life)

when the explosion causes the train to crash. that was a really stupid thing to do, and the girl who did it is one of 2 people who live?? and the other is a 5ish year old boy? so basically go ahead just become a terrorist and blow up the whole train and the moral of the story is that you get to be the special one to live on? (oh... that is... if that super hungry polar bear doesn't immediately devour them too). the end they chose was very unsatisfying. essentially the same thing could have happened years ago by someone selfishly just deciding to blow up the train and jump off. So what was the purpose of the long journey? all the people who learned what they learned... all the personal character development, all the ponderous thought... completely pointless. they all died anyway

Last edited by a moderator: