Socom 4 or PS3 problem?

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
i am having a problem with Socom and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I can play one match but then when it goes to load the next map it fades to black but never comes back. I press and hold the PS button to quit the game and nothing happens. I press the power button on the PS3 and it just beeps flashes the green light like it's going to shut down but it never does. i have to flip the switch on the back of the console to shut it down. this happenes after every match i play therefor i'm not playing Socom allot :(

WTF is happening here?

Last edited by a moderator:
have you played another game for more than 30 mins or so to be 100% positive this is a socom issue only? Sounds like you got too many hardware issues for it to be socom only. Very strange.

ya i've been playing allot of Medal of Honor.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

there. it's locked up again. i never even got into 1 match this time. i can see the little bullets down in the bottom right corner but it's not loading.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

just deleted my game data. gonna try a fresh install. if this don't fix it then i may need a new console :(

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

well it crashed during the install, haha.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

BIZARRE...

ever since the PSN has come back online i have been having this problem with Socom but no other games were affected until tonight when Wreck mentions he thinks it's hardware related and I should check some other games, hahaha. I've been playing Medal of Honor in lieu of not being able to play Socom but tonight MoH is doing the same ****. are you facking kidding me. anyway, looks like I'm going shopping tomorrow for my first slim. Actually my wait until the first of the week since ima going fishing all weekend.