Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)

11774074-1204595967948798.jpg
11774073-3834595967794133.jpg

11774074-1594595967584952.jpg
11774074-1594595967694350.jpg
11774073-1064581216802098.jpg

Last edited:
quite weird both 3D and 4K Steelbook are out of stock considering how many people did not like the movie, or the Steelbook itself.

For the WWA which one would you spend your money on?
ROW same finish . . . US finish TBC (gloss and flat would be my guess).
Spine titles just got to be preferred by at least 8 / 10 people particularly when that's the only identification once the O-ring is gone.

Film Arena pic: (UK etc.) ------------------------------------------------------------------- France, Japan etc.
1535106198435.png
1535106523808.png

Artwork isn't bad and no worse maybe better than the last three . . . occasionally refreshing to come across elegant, uncluttered and minimal poster artwork on the front especially when you notice that some retailers pick OCD images where everything but the kitchen sink is thrown into the mix.

In fact I prefer the WWA to a creation like this
which does nothing for me . . . although I accept that it may be more pleasing to others:-
OgDkRKs.jpg

My Debit Card is also been charged

Zavvi better use the white boxes packaging and under no circumstances are they use A1 cardboard mailers

I will try get Zavvi rep to respond on HDN the last time he replied to questions on HDN was in February 2018

@zavvi
You have been tagged a lot in past 2 weeks about packaging issues with steelbooks please reply to all our concerns about packaging

• Thanks
Reactions: Darth toffeeman
Just been on to Live Chat, and they have stated that, for Solo 4K and the two Avengers 4K steelbooks coming out next week:

"These will be packaged securely to prevent any damage to the items."

When I said that's what I was told for "Meet The Robinsons" but it turned out to be a lie, they said:

"All of the feedback regarding orders arriving damaged has been passed to our warehouse team to change the packaging to a more suitable and secure packaging for the steelbooks."

Fingers crossed they do!

My Debit Card is also been charged

Zavvi better use the white boxes packaging and under no circumstances are they use A1 cardboard mailers

I will try get Zavvi rep to respond on HDN the last time he replied to questions on HDN was in February 2018

@zavvi
You have been tagged a lot in past 2 weeks about packaging issues with steelbooks please reply to all our concerns about packaging

You better believe it I'm not sure how many of my orders yet to come have these crap mailers and I see my card has been charged for the two avengers and also the solo which are around $150 aud to me be a bit annoyed if sent in silly mailers.

My solo is going to my old address lol Zavvi don't give you an option to change your address prior they say you have to cancel, I will just have to keep checking see if It gets delivered there, place is empty.and hopefully they don't leave at door like they normally do.
Even though I have redirected my mail some still slip through and are not delivered to my current address.
I had my infinity war delivered the other day at old place I was thinking it was taking a while checked my account and noticed it was going to old address, had hoped it was redirected but it never, I find it sitting in the letterbox but was lucky it was not gone. This arrived in white box but this was from date of infinity release. So mailers must have started later on.

Yes there are risks of white boxes not doing there job either but I have never unsealed any of my steels to check but with having a good look at them sealed I can say they looked ok to me and I buy a lot.
Just the fight club a minor ding on edge of spine, but as mentioned before the hellboy 2 visable ding to front mailer used, my steel today no visible damage I see still sealed but still a few more in way.
But these three coming at a cost of $150 aud and if they come in mailers I be a bit pissed.

For those that can't see Zavvi twitter reply

This is what is says

Hey Mark, We've listened to the feedback from our customers regarding steelbook packaging and are working to make some ammends. Looks like there's been an issue somewhere along the line but we should be getting better packaging back ASAP.

• Informative
Reactions: goufcustom
Just got a dispatch email from Zavvi 6 days before release !
Let's see how long the pigeons take to deliver it even though they won't fly out from Zavvi until maybe Thursday :rofl:

I not had a dispatch email yet for Solo: A Star Wars Story 3D steelbook but my debit card has been charged

I'm also waiting on a dispatch email for my replacement for Agents of Shield steelbook

cheeky gits charged my card yesterday this aint supposed to be out till 24th charged the 17th only 8days in advance.
anyway in orders you can still cancel i requested cancellation and they can refund me.
this art dont really do it for ill just have to wait for the blufans.

basil :whistle:

cheeky gits charged my card yesterday this aint supposed to be out till 24th charged the 17th only 8days in advance.
anyway in orders you can still cancel i requested cancellation and they can refund me.
this art dont really do it for ill just have to wait for the blufans.

basil :whistle:
Once Zavvi have sent payment request to bank
Cancel request will fail I thought you new this already
You will get a email reply telling you cancel request has failed

You have to a cancellation request with Zavvi before they do a charge on your debit/credit card if you want to avoid having to do a return as unwanted item

It's best to do cancel request no later than Sunday a week before release date as Zavvi do on ocassions send payment request from Monday/Tuesday on some releases

Once Zavvi have sent payment request to bank
Cancel request will fail I thought you new this already
You will get a email reply telling you cancel request has failed

You have to a cancellation request with Zavvi before they do a charge on your debit/credit card if you want to avoid having to do a return as unwanted item

It's best to do cancel request no later than Sunday a week before release date as Zavvi do on ocassions send payment request from Monday/Tuesday on some releases

well if nots been shipped paul i would have thought under distance selling regulations im covered all they have to do is refund my credit card.
after all this is not released till 24th
unless they are saying they dont obey the law?

and if so ill be going to trading standards to make an issue of it.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: yy0925
well if nots been shipped paul i would have thought under distance selling regulations im covered all they have to do is refund my credit card.
after all this is not released till 24th
unless they are saying they dont obey the law?

and if so ill be going to trading standards to make an issue of it.

basil :thumbs:
Yes, you will be able to get a refund under the distance selling regs, but it may be too late for them to stop it from being sent out, so they may have to create a return label for you. It happened to me once - just make sure they send you a pre-paid label. I didn't notice, stuck it on the box, took it to the Post Office, and they said it needed paying for! So I took it home, got on to Zavvi and they then sent me the pre-paid label (which they should have done in the first instance, but at least they admitted and corrected their error).