Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 23, 2014
Price: $14.99
Notes: 16 titles total - all matte
Group buy: apsmith21

Same artwork as the Canadian Sony Wave but with two (2) USA exclusive.

Titles:
Das Boot
Desperado
District 9
Drive Exclusive!
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider
Kung Fu Hustle
Leon the Professional
Snatch
Stripes
Superbad
Taxi Driver
The Fifth Element
The Karate Kid (1984)
The Raid: Redemption Exclusive!
Tommy
bb.png

Last edited:
Going to pick up 4 of these today but choices choices choices. I am thinking Tommy and Raid Redemption simply because I don't own nor have I seen the movies. But I want Snatch, Taxi Driver, Leon, Drive, Desperado, Easy Rider and Fifth Element so if I get those two I got eliminate some of my top choices. I also don't own Das Boot but I have seen it and almost everything tempts me except superbad.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

do these have digital copies?

No digital copies. Guess i'm really lucky...or my Best Buy is just extra careful with steelbooks. Got 4 of these today...opened all in the parking lot & all are flawless, not a scratch,ding or dent. Come to think of it not 1 steelbook from this store has ever had a flaw. Maybe the manager is a collector! Really liking the art on these...very nice steelbooks!

Dang on the digital copies that pushed me more to the iconic art ones that do have digital copies. I grabbed 4 Leon, Tommy, Raid Redemption and Taxi Driver. Passed on Drive since there is the Mondo and old UK one doesn't seem like it'll be a hot item even though I like the looks of it.

Going to be a push between these and the iconic art ones now (thats 28 steels in pretty much a week, I grabbed 2 iconics last week so that leaves 22 between the two waves)

Reactions: Agent_DVD
does anyone else think these will hit 9.99 like all he other bb waves?

Very likely but best buy has a tendency to play catch and release with their movies, you wait to long and these will be gone and then probably reappear years later.

I beg to differ as it did Not happened to this set:

DISNEY2.jpg

First steel releases don't count Best Buy was still learning to play the game and man I wish I had all those. I have Snow White, Up, Monsters Inc and Wall-e of those and the other costs an arm and a leg especially the Pirates ones.

Picked up drive, snatch, fifth element and district 9 today...need to head back to bestbuy and exchange my district 9, pretty nasty bend on the bottom :\ Bestbuy in Annapolis had about 9 copies or so of each.

Did anyone buy district 9? If so could you check the back of your disc and tell me if it says ps3 like mine lol. I popped it into my ps4 and it said unsupported disc...mine clearly says ps3 on the back of the disc. How did they mess this up? lol

This is some weird stuff..just popped the district 9 disc into my ps3 and it has the god of war 3 demo on it...as well as the district 9 movie. o_O baffled here lol

Did anyone buy district 9? If so could you check the back of your disc and tell me if it says ps3 like mine lol. I popped it into my ps4 and it said unsupported disc...mine clearly says ps3 on the back of the disc. How did they mess this up? lol

considering the fact they messed up the Fifth Element disc im not surprised

I do believe there was a discount on these when they first came out if i do recall. gc with purchase or something. and up and snow white don't count with that wave haha
Yes,there were a few promotions. I think originally they were priced $34.99. But then they were included during a week where Best Buy offered a $10 or $20 off of $100 purchase. Sans Up and Snow White, periodically the prices for these at some point settled in early $20's when 'on sale'.

Very likely but best buy has a tendency to play catch and release with their movies, you wait to long and these will be gone and then probably reappear years later.
I have seen Best Buy reduce the price on some catalog steels to $9.99 for a limited time, but as was stated there is no guarantee that all titles will be available. I picked them all up and if they drop in price over the next 45 days I will get a price adjustment.

Guess i'm really lucky...or my Best Buy is just extra careful with steelbooks. Got 4 of these today...opened all in the parking lot & all are flawless, not a scratch,ding or dent. Come to think of it not 1 steelbook from this store has ever had a flaw. Maybe the manager is a collector! Really liking the art on these...very nice steelbooks!

The manager a collector? The associates "extra- careful"? That would be great. Oh, Id like that...but I know that's not the truth.

The truth is..... you were right the first time, You got "really lucky".

I saw quite a few of these steels smashed and dented @both of the stores I went to. It doesn't help that this wave is cheaply made and SUPER FLIMSY.

It you've never gotten a damages steel from best buy it because of 1 of 2 things:
1) You are new at this OR
2) You are blind ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: nicblue
The drive I opened up has 2 small dents where the blue flap of the j card went, barely noticeable unless in the light. The district 9 i exchanged for has a little scratch under j card..snatch has 2 small scratches...under j card...

Always under the damn j card. I basically sat there examining everyone like a mad man but damages are always under the j card lol. Not going to exchange drive because for all I know I'll end up with a worse condition than I got. They are cheaply made but cool artwork. In the end they were $14.99..get what you pay for?