Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £23.99 (Zavvi) - £22.99 (HMV) - £22.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zoom)

01-356408.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by the "live" pic of the steelbook released in FRANCE I've got to agree that that's one very, very pretty steelbook . . . even in a reported Zero finish . . . and the embossed title is the icing on the cake.
Lovely colours and top design beautifully complement the artwork style of some of those steels in the original 1 - X collection particularly the very first one "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" :thumbs: and that back image is of course prevalent on the entire I - X collection including on the spines when they are all arranged together and in order.
156010_large.jpg
11279871-1724388962874970.jpg

RE: THE BORDER - Starting to get a bit concerned at how the lenti will fit in with the design on the steelbook itself as there does indeed appear to be a border on the France edition and the lenti which I'm guessing will not be full height and will sit within the border will look slightly strange with non-matching artwork all around it.

Whatever happens with the lenti I guess it can be removed and placed elsewhere . . . although I hope it's a full height one and consequently won't look odd . . .
However it looks it's certainly different to another steelbook release this time from ITALY :-

. . . which is certainly dramatic but reminds me more of a "Star Wars" steelbook than a "Star Trek" steelbook.

Lots of choice of steelbooks for "Star Trek" XI and XII bit only one in the U.K. for XIII . . . surely not !?

Going by the "live" pic of the steelbook released in FRANCE I've got to agree that that's one very, very pretty steelbook . . . even in a reported Zero finish . . . and the embossed title is the icing on the cake.
Lovely colours and top design beautifully complement the artwork style of some of those steels in the original 1 - X collection particularly the very first one "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" :thumbs: and that back image is of course prevalent on the entire I - X collection including on the spines when they are all arranged together and in order.
156010_large.jpg
11279871-1724388962874970.jpg

RE: THE BORDER - Starting to get a bit concerned at how the lenti will fit in with the design on the steelbook itself as there does indeed appear to be a border on the France edition and the lenti which I'm guessing will not be full height and will sit within the border will look slightly strange with non-matching artwork all around it.

Whatever happens with the lenti I guess it can be removed and placed elsewhere . . . although I hope it's a full height one and consequently won't look odd . . .
However it looks it's certainly different to another steelbook release this time from ITALY :-

. . . which is certainly dramatic but reminds me more of a "Star Wars" steelbook than a "Star Trek" steelbook.

Lots of choice of steelbooks for "Star Trek" XI and XII bit only one in the U.K. for XIII . . . surely not !?

The page you see these photos is update : the finish of the colored steelbook is spot-gloss.

The page you see these photos is update : the finish of the colored steelbook is spot-gloss.
Yes, quite so.
- Zero finish
- Spot gloss highlights on artwork
- Embossed title treatment
In other words, same as steelbooks I - X except for the title treatment which is de-bossed on those.

In the Zoom thread, the lenti magnet is mocked up to cover the whole front
1-jpg.260699

Where do these photos? The steelbook is not available neither in France, nor in Italy

FRANCE - "1st Nov 2016: Voici une première photo du steelbook amazon.fr / zavvi de Star Trek Sans Limite ^. Il possède un titre embossé. Sa finition semble être zero-finish. MAJ2: selon steelbook.com, il sera de finition spot-gloss pour être plus précis (zero-finish avec des parties vernies)." No 3D disc.
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01LTHNNBK/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

ITALY - "24th July 2016: Le visuel du steelbook anglais de Star Trek Sans Limite a été dévoilé. Il devrait être définitif. Pour le visuel italien (différent) ^^ .
Lequel préférez-vous ?
Quel steelbook de Star Trek Sans Limite préférez-vous ?
l'anglais
l'italien"
"1st Nov 2016: Voici une première photo du steelbook fnac de “Star Trek Sans Limites ". Il est verni (glossy) avec le titre débossé."
http://video.fnac.com/a10125677/Sta...Pine-Blu-Ray?Origin=affilinet744745&ectrans=1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Zoom thread, the lenti magnet is mocked up to cover the whole front
Yes, thank you, I'm aware of that mock-up, but I'm still concerned because in my limited experience of lenticular steelbooks those with framing borders end up with framed lentis.
Lenti would obviously be better full height in this and in all cases where the artwork on the lenti is different to the artwork on the steelbook . . . with one exception . . . when the framing border is in the same colour all the way around and so can act as a proper frame for the lenticular image without any distractions.

Last edited:
after so much thought i decided to cancel my order, dont get me wrong, this is beautiful but so it is the USA one, at least on this one i can live with the fact that mine is not embossed, if the art was different then i would get it.......i just can fall in the habit of double dipping..............

after so much thought i decided to cancel my order, dont get me wrong, this is beautiful but so it is the USA one, at least on this one i can live with the fact that mine is not embossed, if the art was different then i would get it.......i just can fall in the habit of double dipping..............

I even prefer the classy glossy finish of US-Version. The colors are really stunning and embossing is maybe overrated... However, both steels look great. Double dipping maybe my choice, if the French version drops significantly in price, like they all do over there...;)

• Thanks
Reactions: tono06
Just seen the Canadian version and I much prefer the front glossy steel with the white debossed title.

We have the better back and inside and also the lenti (hope it's a good lenti, deep and colourful) but I much prefer the front of the Canadian.
Hopefully I prefer it better in hand

Just seen the Canadian version and I much prefer the front glossy steel with the white debossed title.

We have the better back and inside and also the lenti (hope it's a good lenti, deep and colourful) but I much prefer the front of the Canadian.
Hopefully I prefer it better in hand
I don't think the title is debossed on USA/Canada steelbook it looks as if it is at first glance
As far as I know it's just full gloss

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo