Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £23.99 (Zavvi) - £22.99 (HMV) - £22.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zoom)

01-356408.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This SteelBook® edition has been treated with a spot gloss, which it used to hightlight the details in the artwork and make the colours shine brighter. Embossing is used on the title treatment.

Steelbook.Com

View attachment 263505 View attachment 263506 View attachment 263507
You'd wonder how they are going to use the spot gloss? The artwork used has an airbrush look to it. Colours running/fading into each other all over.

No area where you could see an outline defined for the use of spot glossing.........?

I hope the lenticular looks cool, I like it when it fills the image. I really like that artwork, this is a very good film.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Worldwide or only UK?
The listing is for UK release
But as far as I know it's the same steelbook in Europe
Italy might have exclusive with different artwork

USA most likely will be the same but can't be 100% if exact same as that is made in scanavo North America and sometimes use different finishes and slight artwork differences compared to Europe

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing
Great image - almost too good to cover with a lenti - and very much in keeping with the classic poster artworks of steelbooks #1 - #10 and absolutely nothing to do with the designs of steelbooks #11 and #12 and indeed of the trilogy (#11, #12 and #13) unfortunately.
Now all we need is another (LOL) release pf #11 and #12 with similar artwork to the others to make a first class collection.

Steelbooks #1 - #10:-
abc3.jpg

Steelbook #13:-

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Steelbook #11:-
8336_large.jpg
65925_large.jpg
99278_large.jpg
66685_large.jpg

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Steelbook #12:-

78856_large.jpg
85802_large.jpg
77824_large.jpg

..........................................................................................................................................................................
Steelbook #11 - #13 trilogy:-

160488_large.jpg

The listing is for UK release
But as far as I know it's the same steelbook in Europe
Italy might have exclusive with different artwork

USA most likely will be the same but can't be 100% if exact same as that is made in scanavo North America and sometimes use different finishes and slight artwork differences compared to Europe

Wasn't the US version confirmed as been full gloss without any embossing?

Went 2 months ago :rofl: :rofl: .

What one finds appeling another may not :kiss:.

I simply am in the not camp :D. Why well to me it looks like paint simply left to drip on a wall :banghead: .

In hand it could be stunning flower . Know one thing for sure that hand will NOT be mine :) .

No. It will be my hand, oh yeah baby, looks AMAZING lol

Reactions: Scary Hair
Went 2 months ago :rofl: :rofl: .

What one finds appeling another may not :kiss:.

I simply am in the not camp :D. Why well to me it looks like paint simply left to drip on a wall :banghead: .

In hand it could be stunning flower . Know one thing for sure that hand will NOT be mine :) .

Think they gave you the wrong prescription........... :wtf: