Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £23.99 (Zavvi) - £22.99 (HMV) - £22.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zoom)

01-356408.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kirk on Dirtbike and Beastie Boys Songs > 132 minutes of spaceships and shuttles slooooooowly moving to and fro and people staring at screens for minutes while literallly nothing happens.

:p
Classic Star Trek Cast and Living Legend Director Robert Wise > Fast & Furious guy + Sexy 90210 versions of Trek Crew.
TMP = Logical Spock
> New Trek = Spock Macking out and gettin' bizzay....
:rolleyes::D

Star Trek Beyond (3D Edition with 2D Edition + Digital Download (Steelbook)) [Blu-ray]
8309498_1.jpg

Star Trek Beyond (Zoom Exclusive Steelbook with Magnetic Lenticular (Artwork TBC)) [3D (Zoom Exclus
8309499_1.jpg

THE 2 ZOOM LISTINGS ^ ^

Although it's still "ARTWORK TBC" in the listing for the EXCLUSIVE LENTICULAR I'm hoping that it will be the same image as on the steelbook itself and would be extremely surprised if a different image is used for the lenti.

P.S. I'm guessing that anyone expecting this steelbook to be in a Gloss finish will not be happy when it arrives (just based on past experience of U.K. lenticular fronted steelbooks).

Star Trek Beyond (3D Edition with 2D Edition + Digital Download (Steelbook)) [Blu-ray]
8309498_1.jpg

Star Trek Beyond (Zoom Exclusive Steelbook with Magnetic Lenticular (Artwork TBC)) [3D (Zoom Exclus
8309499_1.jpg

THE 2 ZOOM LISTINGS ^ ^

Although it's still "ARTWORK TBC" in the listing for the EXCLUSIVE LENTICULAR I'm hoping that it will be the same image as on the steelbook itself and would be extremely surprised if a different image is used for the lenti.

P.S. I'm guessing that anyone expecting this steelbook to be in a Gloss finish will not be happy when it arrives (just based on past experience of U.K. lenticular fronted steelbooks).
Are you saying that you think the non- lenticular will be gloss, and the Lenticular will be matte?
That would not make a lot of sense in the manufacturing sense.

Are you saying that you think the non- lenticular will be gloss, and the Lenticular will be matte?
That would not make a lot of sense in the manufacturing sense.

That's not what was meant.

The assumption being that because there'll be a lenti version, and lenti's tend to be matte steelbooks then by default, all releases will be matte. The lent aside, Paramount releases really can go either way with matte and gloss (even within a single franchise).

Star Trek - gloss, Star Trek Into Darkness - matte
Mission: Impossible 1, 2, 3, 4 - gloss, Ghost Protocol - matte

I'm referring to UK releases.

Classic Star Trek Cast and Living Legend Director Robert Wise > Fast & Furious guy + Sexy 90210 versions of Trek Crew.
TMP = Logical Spock
> New Trek = Spock Macking out and gettin' bizzay....
:rolleyes::D
I guess we could keep this going for a long while. ;) I like the original series and I don't think any Star Trek movie will ever top Wrath of Khan. I enjoyed most movies featuring Shatner & Co. but the first one was still a snoozefest - a generic, over-long sci-fi story featuring the most boring villain in history with Star Trek characters shoehorned in as an afterthought. Robert Wise was a great director but even great directors hit a dud sometimes. I think he had already lost his touch by then, Sound of Music was his last great movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
I guess we could keep this going for a long while. ;) I like the original series and I don't think any Star Trek movie will ever top Wrath of Khan. I enjoyed most movies featuring Shatner & Co. but the first one was still a snoozefest - a generic, over-long sci-fi story featuring the most boring villain in history with Star Trek characters shoehorned in as an afterthought. Robert Wise was a great director but even great directors hit a dud sometimes. I think he had already lost his touch by then, Sound of Music was his last great movie.
Have to agree

I've feel like I've got to weigh in with my support of @C.C. 95 on this one!

I've a real fondness for the 'Slow Motion' picture.

For all it's obvious pacing flaws, I find it one of the most interesting Star Trek movies in the series and unique from the others, as it actually explores some pretty large Science Fiction ideas, like artificial intelligence, a long time before the concept became mainstream.
I also liked the the whole V'Ger plot twist.

To me, it's a shame the movie series didn't continue with these big ideas, as it did in many of the original T.V series episodes, as it became more soap opera than space opera and this was a missed opportunity to my mind.
I'd certainly rather watch The Motion Picture any day of the week than The Search For Spock again!

Also, there's some great FX work to appreciate and one of Jerry Goldsmith's must beautiful and sumptous scores.

The recent, fundamentally, superficial reboots can't really compete in my opinion.

I've feel like I've got to weigh in with my support of @C.C. 95 on this one!

I've a real fondness for the 'Slow Motion' picture.

For all it's obvious pacing flaws, I find it one of the most interesting Star Trek movies in the series and unique from the others, as it actually explores some pretty large Science Fiction ideas, like artificial intelligence, a long time before the concept became mainstream.
I also liked the the whole V'Ger plot twist.

To me, it's a shame the movie series didn't continue with these big ideas, as it did in many of the original T.V series episodes, as it became more soap opera than space opera and this was a missed opportunity to my mind.
I'd certainly rather watch The Motion Picture any day of the week than The Search For Spock again!

Also, there's some great FX work to appreciate and one of Jerry Goldsmith's must beautiful and sumptous scores.

The recent, fundamentally, superficial reboots can't really compete in my opinion.

So very true.

Reactions: C.C. 95