HMV

Star Trek 10- Nemesis
Zavvi
Amazon
HMV

stset.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice but far too much.

I think it's a case of seeing the amount all once, if they had maybe released one every few months or somethings you can fool yourself but all at once almost £200, way too much :arghh:

Very nice but far too much.

I think it's a case of seeing the amount all once, if they had maybe released one every few months or somethings you can fool yourself but all at once almost £200, way too much :arghh:

you say that but compared to Zavvis Breaking Bad set of 6 steel-books this is a bargain with the 10% off they work out around £15 each which is a good price especially with poster artwork.

....zavvis breaking bad were £19.99 to £21.99 each it kept changing the they sold them as a set for £99

in any case i ordered with 10% off so will wait to see if Amazon.co.uk does better price :)

Reactions: digitalbabe
These will sell but I expect the majority of customers will purchase separately over a period of time than all 10 at the same time

Not everyone can afford to purchase all 10 in one order

Most will purchase in batches and some will wait for price drops and purchase some but not all of the Steelbooks

If they didn't have that ugly bloody border round them with the 50th Anniversary crap I would buy these in a heartbeat but like always things can't be that simple

If they didn't have that ugly bloody border round them with the 50th Anniversary crap I would buy these in a heartbeat but like always things can't be that simple

The golden border is the least problem - have you seen the stupid and boring back and inside artwork that's the exact same with EVERY of the 10 steelbooks?? One of the worst steelbook series I've ever seen...the beautiful poster art on the front doesn't help there much unfortunately. Won't buy these, not even for 10€ or less...I keep my amarays.

The artwork is really nice, shame about the price. They need to drop the price. Got the bluray box set not long ago with all ten films for just over £25 brand new. If they drop to around the 10 quid mark, I'm in.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I wouldn't mind the spines making a picture, although I'd honestly rather they didn't.

What I don't like it that it's using a 50th anniversary logo. The series started in '66, not any of the movies, and the 50th details will be out of date next year anyway (or in 2029 depending on how you look at it). I would have kept the spines black (or have the poster art flowing on to them) with the same font from the front. Even the 50th anniversary Starfleet badge smaller and individually under the Paramount logo would have been better.

I don't mind them all having the same back and inside, although I'd have had different Starfleet insignia on the back of each one rather than the same one.

According to various sources these will contain the old Bluray releases with maybe even less bonus content.
So it's too expensive for me to pay 215 EUR only for the steelbook packages.
Besides, I doubt that they will continue this style with Star Trek (2009), Start Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond later.

So I'll pass, even if they look quite nice.

According to various sources these will contain the old Bluray releases with maybe even less bonus content.
So it's too expensive for me to pay 215 EUR only for the steelbook packages.
Besides, I doubt that they will continue this style with Star Trek (2009), Start Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond later.

So I'll pass, even if they look quite nice.

Paramount are remastering only one of the films this year - Wrath Of Khan. the old release didn't have the directors cut , this one does. But that's about it...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: yy0925