Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 10th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon
Walmart
BestBuy.com
Price: $16.96 (Walmart) - $19.99 (Best Buy) - $24.99 (Amazon)

Per Wreck here on Aug 5: Gloss and debossed titles.

4.jpeg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI
set-jpg.179863

Last edited by a moderator:
As per usual, they went the lazy route with these as always.

Personally I'm not a fan of tight cropped head shots (the reason I passed on the original trilogy steelbooks in fact)

I think the Drew Struzan poster art on each would have looked great.

Just by looking at them all lined up its confusing to remember what film is what because I associate some of the characters to different films that they're matched with here. Although I guess that won't matter with the spines.

Reactions: steel888
Full gloss with a debossed title could redeem them somewhat. Although Fox are renowned for matte steelbooks.

Either way I'm passing on these designs as I'm also happy with my UK box set.

You mean like this?

SW-Steelbooks_GlamourSkew_C1.jpg
If they're going to do this with the villains (apart from Yoda), then they might as well do two versions of each film. One with a villain and the other a hero. To me this don't make sense with the villains and apart from Yoda, no heroes. Or perhaps a hero on the front and a villain on the back?

Will someone just someone just do an original movie artwork for a steelbook Damn It!!!!!

I have the box set on blurry to go with my various DVDs and videos but i want some steelbook a damn it.

If they're going to do this with the villains (apart from Yoda), then they might as well do two versions of each film. One with a villain and the other a hero. To me this don't make sense with the villains and apart from Yoda, no heroes. Or perhaps a hero on the front and a villain on the back?
Yoda has thrown any level of consistency with that out the window though. His would be the only steelbook reversed if this is what they were going for.

Doesn't make any sense really.

They look cool. I'll definitely be picking up all 6. Would be nice if Best Buy could sell all of them as a set with a slipcase to put them in.

I have been waiting for this for years. I think the character versions are a nice change. Very curious to see what they do with the backs. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the ships on the back, although the hero-villan theme would be spectacular.

Reactions: digitalbabe