Star Wars Saga Limited Ed 1138 COPIES-3000 DOLLARS!!!

jimk

Premium Supporter
Nov 11, 2010
Pre-order: Amazon
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1325650

New and latest version of the box in which to propose the purchase of the Star Wars saga. George Lucas, along with his colleagues, working in five years it has selected about 200 thousand frames for each of the six films in the saga, collected in a box very special for the fans who want to spend the $ 3,000 needed to get their hands, from January 2011,
On the 'Star Wars Frames Box'. The casket will be available in limited edition of only 1138 pieces, many inspired by Lucas' first feature film, The Man Who fled from the future (1971, original title 'THX 1138'). Fine wood, two medallions depicting Darth Vader and Yoda on the sides, the box will also contain a DVD where Lucas and his collaborators describe these five years of work are used to select the images and the philosophy behind all his work.
CIRCULATION 1138 COPIES
PRICE ABOUT 3000 DOLLARS

starwarslimitededitionf.jpg

By Jimk

starwarsframes2.jpg

By Jimk

starwarsframes1.jpg

By Jimk

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember buying the big VHS Collector's Edition of The Phantom Menace in 2000, which also came with an art book. Set me back $50.

Probably the stupidest purchase of my life, and I can only chalk it up to being starved for entertainment, and maybe hoping the extras would enhance the mediocre film.

I can only shake my head at someone who wants to spend 60 times what I threw away on something they can leisurely browse on Google image search for free.

Im still debating on weither i should get one or not, planing vacation in La. in September so i just might go ahead and spend that money....

Do you guys think this is worth it?

John

wow John!! Really your over it!!

If I had the chance to be able to get it will go for it but when put on the balance a vacation (with family I suppose) over this set make it a tough decision but I believe a family vacation will be first than anything because those happy moments cannot be compared with any other thing (as my personal opinion).

The set is a unique one and sure is a beauty.

wow John!! Really your over it!!

If I had the chance to be able to get it will go for it but when put on the balance a vacation (with family I suppose) over this set make it a tough decision but I believe a family vacation will be first than anything because those happy moments cannot be compared with any other thing (as my personal opinion).

The set is a unique one and sure is a beauty.

:hilarious::hilarious:well i can see where my text was misuderstood :D

Of course what i meant to say was "Since im going on vacation i wanted to buy it , so i could take it back with me "- saves all the hassle with it might be damaged on the long trip to Germany.

Of course it would not , could not, take the place of a vacation :hilarious::D

Id proberbly also leave it sealed in order to keep the value high...wonder if the number somewhere on the outside of the box gebranded is so i know which exemplar i have without opening it....

Thinks..... 1138x3000=$3,414,000
Wonder what the cost actually was cos that's going to be a mighty big profit for Mr Lucas (again)?
Wonder if the one(s) George keeps for himself comes out of the 1138 ?

This is a absolutely ridiculous price, Lucas is just ripping off his fans AGAIN!

He has the most loyal followers in the world, yet he keeps tinkering with the films everyone loves and doesn't give a ****, I think he's mad asking 3 grand for what is essentially some picture books.

But I guess there will always someone who will pay it.

Don't do it John imagine what awesome steels you could buy for 3 grand :)

Reactions: Sir Hilary Bray
This is a absolutely ridiculous price, Lucas is just ripping off his fans AGAIN!

He has the most loyal followers in the world, yet he keeps tinkering with the films everyone loves and doesn't give a ****, I think he's mad asking 3 grand for what is essentially some picture books.

But I guess there will always someone who will pay it.

Don't do it John imagine what awesome steels you could buy for 3 grand :)

This is for the hardcore fans who have the money to buy this. I presume you already have the cheaper version box set? This is not marketed for fans on average income, it is marketed for people who have the money to splash out on a fine mother limited edition who want only the best :)

This is for the hardcore fans who have the money to buy this. I presume you already have the cheaper version box set? This is not marketed for fans on average income, it is marketed for people who have the money to splash out on a fine mother limited edition who want only the best :)

I get that! But is it worth the money, that's the $3000 question

Maybe he could have done one for 99% of his fans, who made him a billionaire in the first place. Lucas has never given a toss about the fans of his films. Maybe he should be a little more humble IMO