Montreal
Release date: April 5th, 2016
Purchase links: English edition - Bilingual edition
Price: CAD $32.99
Group Buy: click here to join (closed)

m2220254_1.jpg

m2220254.jpg m2220254_2.jpg m2220254_3.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I was worried for nothing too. I grabbed a stack and not a single spine slash. Good for them.
This might stay in stock for a while. And if it does you know we're getting a price drop after a month or so...

Hope it drops like Mission Impossible did, $33 for a non-3D release is crazy. Over half the ones in downtown Edmonton had a spine slash.

Reactions: AlienKing
No way to get an exchange as it's sold out online and in store. According to people on the BB.ca forum, they are giving some slight discounts.

BB really needs to get their act together with the spine slashing.

Even though I love Steelbooks and have all remaining in steel, the $32.99 price tag is insane but being Disney, I knew I didn't have a choice in the matter i I wanted a copy. Not only did the copy ship out late, it got lost in mail today. Great, just great. Hoping the price drops within the month guarantee.

Can't believe almost 50 copies sold out in couple of days in the store I went to.
Yesterday I brought back overstock I had received with slashed spine and you should have seen the CS person. When she saw my 6x (damaged), she yelled across the store and 3 employees runned for their life to get those.

This was a crazy release to say the least. I think Best Buy Canada should adjust their allocations numbers with the US as of right now, it's way too low on big Blockbusters.

Yea, pretty sure one or two scalpers bought up most copies here in Ottawa. They were being sold on Kijiji for 100$ the next day. Good thing I wasn't too keen on getting one in the first place
May be we should tell those people that it's WWA? :rofl: I don't think any collector will pay that much for regular steelbook with WWA. Mind you, I think its a good steelbook regardless. Could've don't better, but I think they tried to match the recent WWA steels for the older movies.

Yup, they probably would've sold out even if priced at $40. I called my local store to check if they had any left. They said all 50 sold out in within one hour of opening Tuesday morning. 20 people were waiting outside prior to opening.
The sad truth is that you're right. As long as there is demand, they can sell it so high and people will still buy.

Yesterday I brought back overstock I had received with slashed spine and you should have seen the CS person. When she saw my 6x (damaged), she yelled across the store and 3 employees runned for their life to get those.

This was a crazy release to say the least. I think Best Buy Canada should adjust their allocations numbers with the US as of right now, it's way too low on big Blockbusters.
For real!? Even with the spine slash? SMH :cautious:
BB should've just let @zerox39 take care of the allocations for blockbusters. We'd all be happy. :p

Reactions: bojee
I'm really surprised these are selling out over there. In the States, there's still a bunch of copies in stores. Though I noticed a steady decline today in the steels @ a nearby store, however Target on the other hand still has a bunch of their exclusive. Target should have gone for the digibook.

It really annoys me that the font is not the same as the other 6 steels, or even the 2 trilogy steels. Don't designers check previous work beforehand?

It really annoys me that the font is not the same as the other 6 steels, or even the 2 trilogy steels. Don't designers check previous work beforehand?

i think you find this is disney and the others beforehand where fox, like asking ford to make there cars match like general motors, never going to happen.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: davhyl
Didn't think about that, either way, it looks pretty poor

its not that far off the mark it could have been alot worse, think of some of the tripe we have had with no titles of late and the piss poor version that is zavvi and could be looking alot more diamond looking if you see what im saying.

also had you had premium membership could have got zestys lenti fullslip box from gb :D:D:D

20160121_081124-jpg.216681

20160121_081147-jpg.216683

basil

Reactions: zesty