STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, you need the HT Death Star Gunner! No collection is complete without one.

$80 is a lot to spend on a Lego, I couldn't do it. You should track down this cheaper one instead.

latest

I still have 4 payments left after this month's. January is the last one...which will probably get pushed to April at least.

That Luke is terrible! That can't be real can it??

You'll have to let me know how much you like the Death Star Gunner after all of this hype. I personally feel it is incomplete without a 1:6 Death Star! :LOL:

That set is clearly a masterpiece. I am not worthy of it. I'm not so sure I want to spend $80 on Kylo's TIE Fighter either. I guess I'll just wait to see it in person sometime this weekend and see if I can justify it.

Oh that Luke is real, and that's pretty much what you can get with the $20 regular humans. Most of them aren't that bad, but they still don't look that great either. Their helmeted characters are so much better.

You'll have to let me know how much you like the Death Star Gunner after all of this hype. I personally feel it is incomplete without a 1:6 Death Star! :LOL:

That set is clearly a masterpiece. I am not worthy of it. I'm not so sure I want to spend $80 on Kylo's TIE Fighter either. I guess I'll just wait to see it in person sometime this weekend and see if I can justify it.

Oh that Luke is real, and that's pretty much what you can get with the $20 regular humans. Most of them aren't that bad, but they still don't look that great either. Their helmeted characters are so much better.

Ha, I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow after I open it. My brother stayed the night last night so I didn't get around to it.

I saw that Kylo Lego in person, I don't know if any Legos are worth the price they are asking these days...

Yeah, those head sculpts on action figures are pretty bad. You should just collect Hot Toys. I don't really see that you have a choice. ;)

That Darth Maul is AWESOME! What do you think of it?

Did you look at the pictures of the Vader trio?

Looks like XM's 1:6 DC line is going to be a Diorama.

36290607563_c4dd763dd7_b.jpg

This was actually already planned before they announced the 1:6 line. I still think we're going to get a 1:6 line of individual statues. How is that Superman going to stay up in the air?

Ha, I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow after I open it. My brother stayed the night last night so I didn't get around to it.

I saw that Kylo Lego in person, I don't know if any Legos are worth the price they are asking these days...

Yeah, those head sculpts on action figures are pretty bad. You should just collect Hot Toys. I don't really see that you have a choice. ;)

That Darth Maul is AWESOME! What do you think of it?

Did you look at the pictures of the Vader trio?

This was actually already planned before they announced the 1:6 line. I still think we're going to get a 1:6 line of individual statues. How is that Superman going to stay up in the air?

I would have made him leave so I could open my toys.:LOL:

Nothing is worth what they are charging anymore. The thought of collecting anything anymore is kind of depressing.

Ha! Okay then.:p

That Maul is pretty much the most awesome statue ever! I love absolutely everything about it. Although its super action focused, I love it way more than their Boba. The base is a bit smaller than I was imagining, the statue is overall more contained within a somewhat reasonable footprint. I wonder how much this thing is going to cost. The only thing I worry about with it is possible leaning.

They got rid of that weird hump on Anakin's hood. They might have improved both older and younger Anakin face sculpts but its still kind of hard to tell. Young Anakin looks kind of Asian. I'm wondering if these will be like Kotobukiya's New 52 DC 1:10 set which definitely resemble Asian likenesses as they were mainly created to be sold to the Asian market.

Oh, okay. Its so hard to keep track of all these licenses lol. That Dio looks epic though! I'm wondering how Supes is going to stay like that too, unless they make him out of plastic.

I would have made him leave so I could open my toys.:LOL:

Nothing is worth what they are charging anymore. The thought of collecting anything anymore is kind of depressing.

Ha! Okay then.:p

That Maul is pretty much the most awesome statue ever! I love absolutely everything about it. Although its super action focused, I love it way more than their Boba. The base is a bit smaller than I was imagining, the statue is overall more contained within a somewhat reasonable footprint. I wonder how much this thing is going to cost. The only thing I worry about with it is possible leaning.

They got rid of that weird hump on Anakin's hood. They might have improved both older and younger Anakin face sculpts but its still kind of hard to tell. Young Anakin looks kind of Asian. I'm wondering if these will be like Kotobukiya's New 52 DC 1:10 set which definitely resemble Asian likenesses as they were mainly created to be sold to the Asian market.

Oh, okay. Its so hard to keep track of all these licenses lol. That Dio looks epic though! I'm wondering how Supes is going to stay like that too, unless they make him out of plastic.

That Maul is one of the coolest Star Wars statues I've ever seen. He falls under their standard pricing of 1099 SGD.

36907995531_b0989b723b_b.jpg

Ha, my brother had a vasectomy yesterday and I let him stay with me because his boys tend to jump on him. I wasn't going to kick the poor guy out!

Yeah, I'm still not quite sold on the Vader dio. I'm not sure I like the sculpted cape on Vader and the two Anakins are just okay. I like the HT Anakin a lot better. The Luke looks pretty good though.

I'm curious as to what the dimensions will be on that DC diorama. I don't know if I'd have an area to display it. It looks glorious though!

I sent Lou a pic on Instagram this morning. He's probably still sleeping :LOL:.

He's missing out! I sent him my Singapore contact's info earlier in the week, let me know if you want it for Maul...of course you'd have to sign up for Facebook.

That Maul is one of the coolest Star Wars statues I've ever seen. He falls under their standard pricing of 1099 SGD.

36907995531_b0989b723b_b.jpg

Ha, my brother had a vasectomy yesterday and I let him stay with me because his boys tend to jump on him. I wasn't going to kick the poor guy out!

Yeah, I'm still not quite sold on the Vader dio. I'm not sure I like the sculpted cape on Vader and the two Anakins are just okay. I like the HT Anakin a lot better. The Luke looks pretty good though.

I'm curious as to what the dimensions will be on that DC diorama. I don't know if I'd have an area to display it. It looks glorious though!

He's missing out! I sent him my Singapore contact's info earlier in the week, let me know if you want it for Maul...of course you'd have to sign up for Facebook.

Thats pretty reasonable for what you are getting here.

Ha! I would have gotten out the paintball gun! :rofl::naughty:

I'm not sold on the Vader dio either. I think both the HT and the PF look better. I'm not really a fan of the Luke. The outfit and base look cool, but the face is kind of soft. I think SS's Jedi Luke still has the best Luke sculpt on a statue.

You are definitely going to need that DC dio! I don't think there is an option here. :p You'll have to get an end table or something for it.

Lou just saw the pic. He definitely likes it. Thanks so much for the offer. I might take you up on that, but I'm not sure yet. I am planning on 2-3 Prime 1 pieces next year already. It doesn't help either that they just announced the Arkham Knight Joker today of all days :mad:.

Thats pretty reasonable for what you are getting here.

Ha! I would have gotten out the paintball gun! :rofl::naughty:

I'm not sold on the Vader dio either. I think both the HT and the PF look better. I'm not really a fan of the Luke. The outfit and base look cool, but the face is kind of soft. I think SS's Jedi Luke still has the best Luke sculpt on a statue.

You are definitely going to need that DC dio! I don't think there is an option here. :p You'll have to get an end table or something for it.

Lou just saw the pic. He definitely likes it. Thanks so much for the offer. I might take you up on that, but I'm not sure yet. I am planning on 2-3 Prime 1 pieces next year already. It doesn't help either that they just announced the Arkham Knight Joker today of all days :mad:.

Yeah, XM is pretty consistent with sticking to the same price for everything regardless of size. Of course their Transformers line is super expensive for some reason.

Dude, no way! I felt bad for him!

That DC dio will probably cost like $4K plus shipping from overseas. I don't know if that's going to happen. I would love it, but probably not reasonable. Or I could sell all my Marvel statues for it. I will have to see it painted and get the dimensions before deciding on that one. So I probably have like 2+ years, ha.

I saw the head sculpt tease of that Joker and it already looks great. Yeah, you're going to have to decide which line you'd rather collect. Prices are too out of control to collect 1:3 Arkham plus XM Star Wars...unless you're secretly rich and not telling us. :p

Another picture:

36916020586_7b598b8e99_k.jpg

You need to tell Lou to get on the boards!

I sent Lou a pic on Instagram this morning. He's probably still sleeping :LOL:.

First off all, let me say, I've been geeking all over myself this morning after Josh sent the pic. Holy S!!!! I did think there would be more bike, but I'm fine with this epic creation XM has created. It's a masterpiece!!

Second, thank you for sending me the contact info, Adam. So far, I like what I see from XM, and if the contact comes through, I'll be selling off all my SS stuff and jumping on board with XM. I'll miss the mixed media for sure, but I'll be happy with better QC.

BTW Adam, how are you? I know you guys are having some major fires there. We are getting smoke from that, fires here, from Oregon, and from Canada. It's been crazy!!

First off all, let me say, I've been geeking all over myself this morning after Josh sent the pic. Holy S!!!! I did think there would be more bike, but I'm fine with this epic creation XM has created. It's a masterpiece!!

Second, thank you for sending me the contact info, Adam. So far, I like what I see from XM, and if the contact comes through, I'll be selling off all my SS stuff and jumping on board with XM. I'll miss the mixed media for sure, but I'll be happy with better QC.

BTW Adam, how are you? I know you guys are having some major fires there. We are getting smoke from that, fires here, from Oregon, and from Canada. It's been crazy!!

No kidding, that is seriously one of the coolest Star Wars statues I have ever seen! Heck, I'm tempted even though I'm out of the Star Wars statue game.

Hope everything works out with the contact, he's a good guy. He was posting video from the convention today.

I'm doing good. The fires are over by Missoula on the other side of the state. Of course, we are still getting the smoke and it's aggravating my eyes so I look like I'm constantly stoned. And we are stupidly driving to Missoula next weekend for a football game. My friend in Oregon was telling me about ash falling there. This fire season is bad, one of the worst I can remember. Are you still out riding in all the smoke?

Yeah, XM is pretty consistent with sticking to the same price for everything regardless of size. Of course their Transformers line is super expensive for some reason.

Dude, no way! I felt bad for him!

That DC dio will probably cost like $4K plus shipping from overseas. I don't know if that's going to happen. I would love it, but probably not reasonable. Or I could sell all my Marvel statues for it. I will have to see it painted and get the dimensions before deciding on that one. So I probably have like 2+ years, ha.

I saw the head sculpt tease of that Joker and it already looks great. Yeah, you're going to have to decide which line you'd rather collect. Prices are too out of control to collect 1:3 Arkham plus XM Star Wars...unless you're secretly rich and not telling us. :p

I don't even think I've seen any of the XM TF stuff. But then again I'm not a big TF fan. How does it compare to Prime 1's TF stuff?

I wouldn't really do that, that would be terrible lol.

That's going to be super expensive, but it would be a center piece to end all center pieces. Do you like Marvel or DC more?

I wish I was secretly rich lol. I really wasn't planning on this Joker coming out for another couple of years since they haven't even shipped their Arkham Origins one yet. Its not really that fun when they release statues out of nowhere that you want when they are nearly $1K or more a crack.

I agree its a complete masterpiece. I was kind of expecting to be letdown, but it looks so much better than I ever hoped for. I wonder how much people are going to jack the price up on this when they try to sell it.

I miss the mixed media too, as much as I hate on SS, they are really good at that. But the sculpted robe on Maul also looks really good IMO.

No kidding, that is seriously one of the coolest Star Wars statues I have ever seen! Heck, I'm tempted even though I'm out of the Star Wars statue game.

Hope everything works out with the contact, he's a good guy. He was posting video from the convention today.

I'm doing good. The fires are over by Missoula on the other side of the state. Of course, we are still getting the smoke and it's aggravating my eyes so I look like I'm constantly stoned. And we are stupidly driving to Missoula next weekend for a football game. My friend in Oregon was telling me about ash falling there. This fire season is bad, one of the worst I can remember. Are you still out riding in all the smoke?

Even over here the moon was bright orange the other night due to the smoke from all of the fires. It was crazy!

I don't even think I've seen any of the XM TF stuff. But then again I'm not a big TF fan. How does it compare to Prime 1's TF stuff?

I wouldn't really do that, that would be terrible lol.

That's going to be super expensive, but it would be a center piece to end all center pieces. Do you like Marvel or DC more?

I wish I was secretly rich lol. I really wasn't planning on this Joker coming out for another couple of years since they haven't even shipped their Arkham Origins one yet. Its not really that fun when they release statues out of nowhere that you want when they are nearly $1K or more a crack.

I agree its a complete masterpiece. I was kind of expecting to be letdown, but it looks so much better than I ever hoped for. I wonder how much people are going to jack the price up on this when they try to sell it.

I miss the mixed media too, as much as I hate on SS, they are really good at that. But the sculpted robe on Maul also looks really good IMO.

Even over here the moon was bright orange the other night due to the smoke from all of the fires. It was crazy!

XM's Transformers are better than Prime 1's, however Imaginarium is the best as far as G1 stuff goes. They basically look like the toys while XM's are more stylized and Prime 1's are even more so.

Marvel or DC more? Hmmm...I definitely prefer the DC universe over the Marvel universe. DC is my first love going all the way back to when I was a little kid. I don't really pick up comics anymore and prefer Marvel's online service though. My brother asked me yesterday if I like Star Wars or comic books more.

The sun here is red every night when it sets in the west. You can even look right at it because of all the smoke. I really wish we could get some rain, there are so many fires right now. Even the "mountains" outside of my hometown caught on fire and I don't ever remember there being a fire out there in my lifetime. My uncle's cabin burned down.

Okay, these guys with the measuring tape are my heroes. People always are asking about dimensions and nobody ever knows (not to mention XM's own site is often unreliable). So are you guys getting this Maul? Someone has to so I can admire it! Even I'm tempted to ask my contact about it.

XM's Transformers are better than Prime 1's, however Imaginarium is the best as far as G1 stuff goes. They basically look like the toys while XM's are more stylized and Prime 1's are even more so.

Marvel or DC more? Hmmm...I definitely prefer the DC universe over the Marvel universe. DC is my first love going all the way back to when I was a little kid. I don't really pick up comics anymore and prefer Marvel's online service though. My brother asked me yesterday if I like Star Wars or comic books more.

The sun here is red every night when it sets in the west. You can even look right at it because of all the smoke. I really wish we could get some rain, there are so many fires right now. Even the "mountains" outside of my hometown caught on fire and I don't ever remember there being a fire out there in my lifetime. My uncle's cabin burned down.

Okay, these guys with the measuring tape are my heroes. People always are asking about dimensions and nobody ever knows (not to mention XM's own site is often unreliable). So are you guys getting this Maul? Someone has to so I can admire it! Even I'm tempted to ask my contact about it.

OMG thats terrible! I hope everyone got out of there okay and I hope the insurance will cover him! I take for granted not having fires around here ever, the worst things we ever get are storms.

I'll have to start looking into the TF statues. I know Prime 1 made a classic Optimus, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

If DC is your first love then you really need that dio :p. Just sayin'.

I want it badly but I don't know if I'd be able to swing it even if I got it for retail. I was actually planning to kind of be disappointed with it, and now finally seeing it its like the greatest statue ever! Hopefully at least Lou will get it.

OMG thats terrible! I hope everyone got out of there okay and I hope the insurance will cover him! I take for granted not having fires around here ever, the worst things we ever get are storms.

I'll have to start looking into the TF statues. I know Prime 1 made a classic Optimus, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

If DC is your first love then you really need that dio :p. Just sayin'.

I want it badly but I don't know if I'd be able to swing it even if I got it for retail. I was actually planning to kind of be disappointed with it, and now finally seeing it its like the greatest statue ever! Hopefully at least Lou will get it.

Oh nobody was out there when it happened. I don't think he had insurance on that cabin, but I'm not really sure. I know my dad was storing his kayak out there...whoops.

It is an absolutely fantastic statue. I'm seriously tempted to get it. I have no intention of getting rid of my Speeder Bike premium format statue so maybe I can just buy the really epic ones, ha. I don't think anything else Sideshow has made would fall under that category...although the original Vader and Obi-Wan together are pretty cool.

So here are all the Optimus statues. Imaginarium is closest to the G1 design in my opinion.

Prime 1:
transformers-optimus-prime-generation1-statue-prime-1-902764-02.jpg

XM:
21317799_10213065125593ppr-150488748836.jpg

Imaginarium:
20292951_876759309156534_4975660174590570218_n.png

Oh nobody was out there when it happened. I don't think he had insurance on that cabin, but I'm not really sure. I know my dad was storing his kayak out there...whoops.

It is an absolutely fantastic statue. I'm seriously tempted to get it. I have no intention of getting rid of my Speeder Bike premium format statue so maybe I can just buy the really epic ones, ha. I don't think anything else Sideshow has made would fall under that category...although the original Vader and Obi-Wan together are pretty cool.

So here are all the Optimus statues. Imaginarium is closest to the G1 design in my opinion.

Prime 1:
transformers-optimus-prime-generation1-statue-prime-1-902764-02.jpg

XM:
21317799_10213065125593ppr-150488748836.jpg

Imaginarium:
20292951_876759309156534_4975660174590570218_n.png

I feel bad for your Uncle. Thats really rough.

Only buying epic statues sounds like a great plan. But since that DC dio is technically one thing that should totally count! :D

Maybe I'm really naive, but wouldn't it be better to buy an old Transformer toy that actually transfroms instead of buying a statue? I mean isn't the transforming thing the entire gimmick of these characters? :p

Well I just got back from Walmart and I folded like a little b****:

36299033763_48b5c35cdd_c.jpg
:bag:.

I feel bad for your Uncle. Thats really rough.

Only buying epic statues sounds like a great plan. But since that DC dio is technically one thing that should totally count! :D

Maybe I'm really naive, but wouldn't it be better to buy an old Transformer toy that actually transfroms instead of buying a statue? I mean isn't the transforming thing the entire gimmick of these characters? :p

Well I just got back from Walmart and I folded like a little b****:

36299033763_48b5c35cdd_c.jpg
:bag:.

Nice haul! You'll have fun putting it together. You need to get some of those flight stands for model airplanes so you can display it.

I was collecting the Masterpiece Transformers line, but I never actually transformed them into their vehicle mode, it was too much work. Plus you know 6 to 10 inch plastic toys don't compare to 2 foot statues.

I'm hoping XM can nail some more epic Star Wars statues. The thing I like about that company is they aren't afraid to take chances with their poses. Sometimes it doesn't work, but sometimes they make crazy good statues. They should do a Dooku vs Yoda statue...

Nice haul! You'll have fun putting it together. You need to get some of those flight stands for model airplanes so you can display it.

I was collecting the Masterpiece Transformers line, but I never actually transformed them into their vehicle mode, it was too much work. Plus you know 6 to 10 inch plastic toys don't compare to 2 foot statues.

I'm hoping XM can nail some more epic Star Wars statues. The thing I like about that company is they aren't afraid to take chances with their poses. Sometimes it doesn't work, but sometimes they make crazy good statues. They should do a Dooku vs Yoda statue...

I never thought of that. Thats a good idea.:thumbs:

But transforming them is so much more fun than staring at a 2 foot statue lol. :pSometimes I wonder why I'm collecting statues and not figures lol.:LOL:

SS actually made a really freaking sweet Yoda vs Dooku dio, the only downside is that its 1:9 scale or something. I'm still pissed they abandoned that line. If XM could make it in quarter scale it would be so awesome, as long as they could nail Dooku's likeness.