Link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0041RQQCY/?tag=hdnjp-22

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
5678776096_57976d3e60_z_d.jpg

5678241893_cf51d15c54_z_d.jpg

5678218313_7f7eda5903_z_d.jpg

5678775012_d022265232_z_d.jpg

Link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003CP67XE/?tag=hdnjp-22

** Still got one title not yet buying.
** Another Two titles in coming soon, pre-ordered status.

** All Collector's edition came with English Subtitle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic Friday has arrived. I've saved a long time for this haul. Well pleased. Was worried when it said package delayed but it arrived.

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Kikis Delivery Service

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Whisper of the Heart

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - My Neighbours the Yamadas

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - My Neighbour Totoro

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Tales from Earthsea

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Princess Mononoke

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Porco Rosso

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - The Cat Returns

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Only Yesterday

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Howl's Moving Castle

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Pom Poko

JP - Studio Ghibli Collection - Ponyo

Got the art cards :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just discovered this thread...Oh no...There goes next month's wages.

Absolutely stunning. The Japanese really know how to do quality. And far far superior to the steelbooks in my humble opinion.

Edit: to everyone that has posted pictures on this thread-thank you. SUPERB work.

I have already pre-ordered Spirited Away, but not those two others. My collection of these editions is currently quite small (four movies), but it keeps growing! I absolutely love these, the problem is that my wallet doesn't...

Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3
I have already pre-ordered Spirited Away, but not those two others. My collection of these editions is currently quite small (four movies), but it keeps growing! I absolutely love these, the problem is that my wallet doesn't...

About the same here. I own three (Fireflies, Howl's, Mononoke) and pre-ordered Spirited Away, one of my favorite movies, period. But the final goal is to complete the collection. :thumbs:

I'm wondering if they'd ever considering doing a box set for all these? I guess the problem is there's no final "end" to these, but once they do the back catalog and now that Miyazaki has retired, maybe a collection up to that point? Probably just dreaming...

I'm wondering if they'd ever considering doing a box set for all these? I guess the problem is there's no final "end" to these, but once they do the back catalog and now that Miyazaki has retired, maybe a collection up to that point? Probably just dreaming...

Well, they will release this edition, with all the Miyazaki movies and lots of extras, including his retirement announcement:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00J2O0YJW/?tag=hdnjp-22

Ah yes, "retired".

2r78osl.png

But ehm, yes, I would like to see some kind of collectors box (with unique art please!)

after watching "ponyo" and "totoro" recently (the first 2 ghibli's i've seen) and being very impressed with them, i am soo tempted to get some of the original japanese editions.
however, 50€ / film is very pricey, i'm on the fence between the japanese originals and the german slipcover version which use pretty much the same artworks, but may have slightly inferior picture/audio quality. but they're only 15€ at the moment @amazon....

what do you guys say - is the better packaging worth it to spend that much more money on the japanese ones?