SP-2.jpg

SP-3.jpg

SP-4.jpg

SP-5.jpg

SP-6.jpg

COMICON2011_124.jpg

COMICON2011_126.jpg
Update 11/2/2011 SOLD OUT
Update 11/1/2011 per e-mail sent by WB-thanks apsmith21.
View attachment 4696

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: people might want to keep any eye on wbshop.com if they didnt sell out, extra stock may end up there. They may have sold out tho, Jefxfree one of our gaming moderators attended the event and didn't see any.

I would also think quite a bit will end up on fleabay. I think while a lot of purchasers bought it as a fan of Sucker Punch see how much they can make from the steelbook collector community that they will start appearing. Sucks for us steelbook collectors as a whole, but on the bright side it may bring in some new collectors with this being their first.

Nope, SDCC ended yesterday. :cool:

Cheers...I was looking at the wrong thing

FYI: people might want to keep any eye on wbshop.com if they didnt sell out, extra stock may end up there. They may have sold out tho, Jefxfree one of our gaming moderators attended the event and didn't see any.

I would also think quite a bit will end up on fleabay. I think while a lot of purchasers bought it as a fan of Sucker Punch see how much they can make from the steelbook collector community that they will start appearing. Sucks for us steelbook collectors as a whole, but on the bright side it may bring in some new collectors with this being their first.

Thanks for the heads up

Glad the thread created some excitement :)

doubt us UK collectors are gonna get to see this one!

Have hope, we'll get it somehow :scat:

If this was a SDCC exclusive, chances are that it won't be sold at another comic con. Someone could be selling copies they got at SDCC, but those will be at a mark up though. I've purchased exclusive items at comic cons before, and they usually wind up being exclusive.

I like this, but I'm not going out of my way to get it. I'll have extra Canada and German releases if anyone wants to trade though :naughty:

Basic, the site admins regularly communicate with the staff at Scanavo, which markets Steelbooks(TM). As the site admin, Wreck, mentioned above, an exception may have been made for Comic-Con/G1 run, but the standard 4000, and 8000 print run,have been confirmed numerous times by the company directly, over the last few years.

Reactions: BasicGreatGuy
Basic, the site admins regularly communicate with the staff at Scanavo, which markets Steelbooks(TM). As the site admin, Wreck, mentioned above, an exception may have been made for Comic-Con/G1 run, but the standard 4000, and 8000 print run have been confirmed numerous times by the company directly, over the last few years.

Thanks for the explanation, Babe. This noob appreciates it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, my copy will arrive by Thursday. :) If I see anything specific on the back of the steel, I will let you ladies and gents know. Also, I am keeping a close watch on Ebay and trying to make other contacts about this release. If I can get my hands on anymore, I will do what I can to help those that want one.

Where are you getting the standard print numbers from?

Scanavo is the company that markets the Steelbook brand. ie. the company the movie studios/retailers/etailers place their orders with. (scanavo also owns the copyright to the inner plastic that fits inside the steelbook) You cannont in no way get less than 4k on a blu-ray sized steelbook run. The only exception that I believe has happened though without us getting true knowledge of is where a company does a wave and orders thousandsssss and so maybe they allow a lesser known title to have less than 4k

For example: (numbers totally fake, just giving example)

Blade: 8k
Inglourious Basterds: 8k
Appaloosa: 2k

you can have less than 4k minimum when doing stickerbooks too. (ordered by itself)

DVD steels used to be on this same level, but If im not mistaken you can have less made now. DVD sized steels are cheaper to be made esp here in North America because their is a factory in Ohio. Hence why 900 makes sense on the dvd sized sucker punch blu-ray edition. (because they cant make blu-ray sized ones here in the states)

I deal with the reps and work closely with the mods here, so the info given is just what we have been told.

Last edited:
Scanavo is the company that markets the Steelbook brand. ie. the company the movie studios/retailers/etailers place their orders with. (scanavo also owns the copyright to the inner plastic that fits inside the steelbook) You cannont in no way get less than 4k on a blu-ray sized steelbook run. The only exception that I believe has happened though without us getting true knowledge of is where a company does a wave and orders thousandsssss and so maybe they allow a lesser known title to have less than 4k

For example: (numbers totally fake, just giving example)

Blade: 8k
Inglourious Basterds: 8k
Appaloosa: 2k

you can have less than 4k minimum when doing stickerbooks too. (ordered by itself)

DVD steels used to be on this same level, but If im not mistaken you can have less made now. DVD sized steels are cheaper to be made esp here in North America because their is a factory in Ohio. Hence why 900 makes sense on the dvd sized sucker punch blu-ray edition. (because they cant make blu-ray sized ones here in the states)

I deal with the reps and work closely with the mods here, so the info given is just what we have been told.

Appreciated further explanation, Wreck.

Reactions: Wreck
I am a strong believer though that volume speaks $$$. The fact that they could move that many copies in one sitting/day possibly at Comic-Con would lead me to believe that if they were to break any print run limitations it would be for such an event as Comic-con (or E3 and the like). The good thing is, we should be able to expect things like this happening again so long as they didn't go home with a lot of stock, or especially if they sold out. :)

And I'm all for bringing back more "rareness" into the steelbook collector community. (jef our mod goes to comic-con every year, looks like next year he will have his hands full .... of our group buy! ;))

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

ps. Isnt "Dark Knight Rises" coming out next summer! I smell an exclusive DKR steelbook for next year! haha ... wishful thinking.