Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Suicide Squad

Tagline: Worst Heroes Ever

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jared Leto, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cara Delevingne, Karen Fukuhara, Adam Beach, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood, Common and Ben Affleck.

Release: 2016-08-03

Runtime: 123

Plot: From DC Comics comes the Suicide Squad, an antihero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences.

4 Days.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
http://deadline.com/2016/08/david-a...t-suicide-squad-new-york-premiere-1201797045/

I like the guy's attitude, of course the director of Suicide Squad should be a hotheaded fella who wants to destroy his enemies! :D Healthy competition is always welcome and DC has a lot to show after the BvS catastrophe (at least in the minds of the critics, but who really cares). He apologized anyway. I just hope that the movie has the same kind of spice in it, wanting to wipe the floor with Marvel and actually doing it.

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333
http://deadline.com/2016/08/david-a...t-suicide-squad-new-york-premiere-1201797045/

I like the guy's attitude, of course the director of Suicide Squad should be a hotheaded fella who wants to destroy his enemies! :D Healthy competition is always welcome and DC has a lot to show after the BvS catastrophe (at least in the minds of the critics, but who really cares). He apologized anyway. I just hope that the movie has the same kind of spice in it, wanting to wipe the floor with Marvel and actually doing it.

I don't even know why he had to apologise TBH.

He didn't say anything bad about the films or anything it's more like something you see at a sports game or something you know Man U fans saying Feck Man City or Bears fans saying Feck Chicago.

I mean if it wasn't for Marvels fanboys and the worry of them not seeing it he prob wouldn't apologise.

TBH I find the whole thing a bit pathetic.

Judging by early reviews, it looks like the JC streak continues: There still has never been a good movie that stars Jai Courtney.:naughty:

Last edited:
The critics have really trounced this more than BvS:ohno:! I really loved BvS so I'm hoping this will be the same :thumbs:

Me 2 I loved BvS aswell so hopefully the same. I think as I said at the time BvS was getting slated this is a huge film in the works for ages and so much hype it's as if they are oddly jealous and on purpose say it's terrible to dethrone the hype.

People have heavily criticised ghostbusters and I loved it so guess it doesn't matter it's all about if you enjoy it :)

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I'm going tonight.
And while the critics hated BvS, I loved this. Those DC movies are meant for the fans, not for the masses as Marvel movies are. I know it can be hard to understand for those critics, but that's their target.

With BvS, at first, it seemed like a mess, but the Ultimate Cut showed how it was meant to be, and all (or almost) the fans agreed that it was much better than the 1st time.

I am going tonight too because I enjoy this movie genre and I like David Ayer's style of story telling which in my opinion has grown with each movie he wrote and directed. I really, really like Fury so I am going tonight to see how he is crafting movies based on comics.

Last edited:
Personally I don't pay much attention to reviews. There are far too many instances where reviewers are biased, uninformed or uninterested in the source material to form a reasonable or respectable opinion especially in the comic book / superhero genre.

In comparison to a technical review where an opinion/score is formed on the merits of the presentation as a whole, any review pertaining to film, music, live theater etc.. is purely subjective and solely the opinion of the individual reviewers interpretation of what they're experiencing and I'd say it's more likely than not for every negative opinion there's a wealth of positive ones no one will ever hear about.

As @Drum18 pointed out the critics hated dawn of justice, whereas a majority of people here on the forum myself included loved it. Suicide Squad looks equally as awesome based on the trailers and numerous clips released and that was enough to get me to buy a ticket and go see it tomorrow.

Ultimately these types of reviews are lazy, archaic and in desperate need of an overhaul to potentially include other modern factors such as how it was received by the audience as a whole or perhaps a random anonymous sampling of the crowd after the show has let out. I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather read about what the thoughts are of someone that's a lifelong comic book collector or is just enthusiastic about the genre as opposed to someone who is being compensated for their time that may have little to no interest in these types of films.

Regardless, I think it's always best to be optimistic and despite all the negative buzz I'm hyped for Suicide Squad and I look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks of it.