Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Suicide Squad

Tagline: Worst Heroes Ever

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jared Leto, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cara Delevingne, Karen Fukuhara, Adam Beach, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood, Common and Ben Affleck.

Release: 2016-08-03

Runtime: 123

Plot: From DC Comics comes the Suicide Squad, an antihero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences.

Tomorrow!.jpg

Just came back from it. As some critics said, it's a mess of a movie. BUT a GREAT mess IMO! Truly enjoyed this! Even Miss Drum had a blast, so it's some great Entertainment!!!

Will Smith was MUCH better than I thought but Margot just OWNED the movie!
For the Joker, we'll have to wait for another movie to see his full potential...

Loved how The Dark Knight had some really importance in the movie AND that Flash Cameo was awesome!

I haven't seen it yet, so cannot pass judgement, very excited as this is one on my most eagerly anticipated release's of recent year's but why do the 'critic's' and I use that term loosely insist in bringing up GOTG, I only read them because there are newspapers/magazine's scattered around my work's canteen and everyone practically bang's on about this not being as good as GOTG and some suggest it's just a rip off, WTF have the two film's got in common.

Watched this today @ Odeon Printworks Manchester on the IMAX (Got a free poster Will post pics later)

I really liked this film, I mean is it perfect No, is it fun most definitely IMO.
It had it's failings
Editing wasn't great,
The script had it's iffy moments jokes falling flat etc etc
Enchantress as the baddy was a waste i feel it might have been better to have a proper baddy and leave her in the squad for a film then have her turn bad in another film.

But it had + moments
Will Smiths Deadshot was V.Good i mean he plays it the will smith way and it worked.
Robbie as Quinn was great the accent prob not as thick as i would of liked but TBH it prob would of not worked in a film.
Leto worked as the Joker for me (I'm not sold on the grill or the Tats) he came across a bit like a Gangsters idea of the joker but it is obviously the way this Joker is going to be, his back story with Quinn was excellent in the short time it happened I mean the chemistry was there.
Waller Is on point, I mean WOW proper Government badass, makes Nick Fury look like a kitten.
El Diablo another who was on point.

Some mehs bits.
Mostly due to under using them.
Captain Boomerang - Character could of had potential Courtney was pretty good IMO, just script had him as a usual one liner guy when he could of had more depht but got to see Flash!!!!!!!!
Katana - Again so underused.
Killer Croc - Needed more backstory IMO.
Joker scenes - Other than the Quinn backstory it was fairly pointless having him in it, might used his sceen time for say Boomerang, Flagg or Katana IMO, and just use the end scene of him breaking Quinn out IMO would of made so much more sense and better use of screen time.
Also WTF why was the Joker billed so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flagg V Enchantress could of made alot more of this.

Look I enjoyed this alot and the critics giving it 27% on RT proves IMO how out of touch they are and just pandering for clicks now. The sooner Film critics as a profession goes the better IMO what use are they now in an age of instance info and so many opinions to be shared are they just needed?

Watched this today @ Odeon Printworks Manchester on the IMAX (Got a free poster Will post pics later)

I really liked this film, I mean is it perfect No, is it fun most definitely IMO.
It had it's failings
Editing wasn't great,
The script had it's iffy moments jokes falling flat etc etc
Enchantress as the baddy was a waste i feel it might have been better to have a proper baddy and leave her in the squad for a film then have her turn bad in another film.

But it had + moments
Will Smiths Deadshot was V.Good i mean he plays it the will smith way and it worked.
Robbie as Quinn was great the accent prob not as thick as i would of liked but TBH it prob would of not worked in a film.
Leto worked as the Joker for me (I'm not sold on the grill or the Tats) he came across a bit like a Gangsters idea of the joker but it is obviously the way this Joker is going to be, his back story with Quinn was excellent in the short time it happened I mean the chemistry was there.
Waller Is on point, I mean WOW proper Government badass, makes Nick Fury look like a kitten.
El Diablo another who was on point.

Some mehs bits.
Mostly due to under using them.
Captain Boomerang - Character could of had potential Courtney was pretty good IMO, just script had him as a usual one liner guy when he could of had more depht but got to see Flash!!!!!!!!
Katana - Again so underused.
Killer Croc - Needed more backstory IMO.
Joker scenes - Other than the Quinn backstory it was fairly pointless having him in it, might used his sceen time for say Boomerang, Flagg or Katana IMO, and just use the end scene of him breaking Quinn out IMO would of made so much more sense and better use of screen time.
Also WTF why was the Joker billed so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flagg V Enchantress could of made alot more of this.

Look I enjoyed this alot and the critics giving it 27% on RT proves IMO how out of touch they are and just pandering for clicks now. The sooner Film critics as a profession goes the better IMO what use are they now in an age of instance info and so many opinions to be shared are they just needed?

Have to agree :thumbs:

I'm in Dublin right now but i couldn't pass on seeing it in English ! Movies in vo have completely disappeared in France in my area, so that was already a good thing.

I LOVED it! Don't know what those who hated it expected, it's an ensemble movie so some characters will only get few cool moments but not the spotlight. I was expecting this to happen so it didn't shock me at all.
Harley Quinn was the star! Wow Margot definitely did the best job possible.
Huge fan of the joker, i like to be teased in movies so his amount of scenes was good enough for this film!

The big baddie could have been more exciting though and not just be creating something big in one place in town during half the film.
I thought Enchantress was really cool though! Love the way they created her. Cara Delevingne has so much presence!

As usual i'll be needing my second viewing soon to really process everything!

My verdict in is...

Before I say my thoughts let me just say that it doesn't seem to matter whether I like or dislike a film, whichever I choose if it's not the majority decision, it seems to get moaned at. My opinion on the film is just that MY opinion, it is not to sway towards or deter anyone, it's just what I personally thought.

I had heard the bad reviews but as I do with most films I would just simply watch it and if I personally enjoyed it the criticism of it would be irrelevant to me.

Verdict

image.jpg

For me, wow what a film. I am delighted that I loved the film. I absolutely loved it. Personally I couldn't understand the criticism. As I said I often think it doesn't matter if everyone hates a film, if you love it that's all that matters.

For me it really was everything I could have wanted, it had a real fantastic comic book feel, it reminded me of Watchmen in many ways. I loved the music. I loved the intense cool introduction to the characters at the beginning. Harley Quinn absolutely steals the show as I knew she would, she is incredible.
I loved seeing her in the red &white outfit for a moment.

I really also liked the other characters, Will Smith was very cool Deadshot and loved Killer Croc. Cara is also amazing as Enchantress. I did like Jared Leto as the joker but thought he was underused in the film and had a distinct lack of dialogue but I loved seeing him and Harley together.
As I said it was everything I had hoped for and was relieved when I came out thinking yes that was awesome. I think it's a really cool fun film. There's not much not to love. 10/10 throughly enjoyable, can't wait to watch it again :)

Love that you compared it to Watchmen... it's one of my favourite superhero movies, and I literally just finished watching it for the millionth time. So if Suicide Squad is anything like that, then I know I'll love it! :D

Yes particularly the beginning and how they introduce the characters for me had a definite watchmen feel. I also love Watchmen. I really think you'll love Suicide Squad, it's got everything :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yes particularly the beginning and how they introduce the characters for me had a definite watchmen feel. I also love Watchmen. I really think you'll love Suicide Squad, it's got everything :)
The Watchmen opening is easily one of the best! Really excited for Suicide Squad... if the critics hate it, then chances are I'll love it. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and Drum18
Strange that it kind of feels uncomfortable even thinking about this film now, plenty of potential flushed down the toilet. I aged, died, was born again and wanted to leave the cinema during the introductions. I cringed every time a new song came up during the first half, it's like they were thinking "Hey that Guardians of the Galaxy flick was pretty popular eh and had quite an awesome soundtrack, what do you say, I think it will be even more awesome if we just play some popular songs constantly so so super amazing wow wowzies!". I'm sorry you ninjas who liked it, I just need to ventilate things out because I was so pissed off. Now it's time to forget everything and go to watch BvS Ultimate Edition or something lol.

Strange that it kind of feels uncomfortable even thinking about this film now, plenty of potential flushed down the toilet. I aged, died, was born again and wanted to leave the cinema during the introductions. I cringed every time a new song came up during the first half, it's like they were thinking "Hey that Guardians of the Galaxy flick was pretty popular eh and had quite an awesome soundtrack, what do you say, I think it will be even more awesome if we just play some popular songs constantly so so super amazing wow wowzies!". I'm sorry you ninjas who liked it, I just need to ventilate things out because I was so pissed off. Now it's time to forget everything and go to watch BvS Ultimate Edition or something lol.

Funny how people can have such polar opinions.

I totally disagree. As I said I loved the film, particularly the cool introduction to the characters., stylish and fun.

I thought the music was just right it wasn't there for the sake of being there it really fitted the scenes I particularly loved Eminem playing in that scene, nailed it, thank you for not ruining the film I've been most looking forward to and thank you for giving Harley the screen time she deserves. I have always been a huge Harley Quinn fan and it's been sad that she's been kinda restricted to the comics and animated series but she finally took her bow and she kicks ass. I was worried as I do love the character of Harley but Margot does not disappoint she does an amazing job. One of my top films of the year.

Funny how people can have such polar opinions.

I totally disagree. As I said I loved the film, particularly the cool introduction to the characters., stylish and fun.

I thought the music was just right it wasn't there for the sake of being there it really fitted the scenes I particularly loved Eminem playing in that scene, nailed it, thank you for not ruining the film I've been most looking forward to and thank you for giving Harley the screen time she deserves. I have always been a huge Harley Quinn fan and it's been sad that she's been kinda restricted to the comics and animated series but she finally took her bow and she kicks ass. I was worried as I do love the character of Harley but Margot does not disappoint she does an amazing job. One of my top films of the year.
Yeah, I read your post and wondered if we had seen the same movie. :D It would be interesting to see a movie from someone else's perspective.