Suspiria (Blu-ray Digipack + Leatherbook) Limited to 1111 [Germany]

Manqu

Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
Release: May 15th, 2017
Price: €99,99 - €123,60
Purchase: dtm - bmv-medien - Amazon Germany
Note: 4K Remastered by TLEFilms

Limited to 1.111 Units - 3-Disc Edition (1x Blu-ray & 2x DVD)

Real wood with drawer inc digipack inside (silver foil / leatherette) - measures in cm = 23 cm x 18 cm x 5 cm

Bonus:
- Numbered Certificate
- Booklet with 84 pages
- Supplement: Suspiria: Preserving A Work of Art
- Poster / Postcards

suspiria_leatherbook_produktbild_web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The mod is easy as Oppo builds theirs with usb connection in back so they can allow such. It was literally just plugging in a cpu chip in the back of the Oppo. ( I hear it also works in the model below ... think i recall someone confirming in our Oppo thread in the player forum board)

Well thankfully https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/ has Dolby Vision ...... and that is the future. 4k alone isnt hence why the 4k tvs by themselves are cheap. Its about the HDR .... and Dolby Vision increases on that. But point being for $549 that player would def future proof one's self player wise the best they can.

Trying to figure out my best option for a new UHD player. I am leaning on getting the oppo, but I also need to get something to play Region B titles. Is there a cheap standalone Region B you can buy with the correct voltage outlet?

The mod is easy as Oppo builds theirs with usb connection in back so they can allow such. It was literally just plugging in a cpu chip in the back of the Oppo. ( I hear it also works in the model below ... think i recall someone confirming in our Oppo thread in the player forum board)

Well thankfully https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/ has Dolby Vision ...... and that is the future. 4k alone isnt hence why the 4k tvs by themselves are cheap. Its about the HDR .... and Dolby Vision increases on that. But point being for $549 that player would def future proof one's self player wise the best they can.

That is cool that you just plug it in. I've never had an Oppo but I've heard nothing but good things about them. The players I were looking at it needed opening up. The Oppo looks like a nice player. Dolby Vision does seem to be the future. I have a 4K UHD TV but it only supports HDR 10. That is pretty impressive so I would be very interested to see Dolby Vision in action!

@Sigill

"For the past three years, Synapse Films has been working on the definitive restoration of Argento’s masterpiece, with the full cooperation, supervision and approval of its celebrated cinematographer Luciano Tovoli (TENEBRAE, THE PASSENGER), who spared no effort to accurately reproduce the film’s original Technicolor visuals. With all the love and obsession that this extraordinary film commands, SUSPIRIA has been restored from the original 35mm Italian camera negative and is presented with the legendary 4.0 discrete sound mix not heard since its 1977 theatrical release."
That sounds like the definitive edition, I didn't know they had been working on it for 3 years. It should look immaculate! Thanks for the info @Wreck!:)

Trying to figure out my best option for a new UHD player. I am leaning on getting the oppo, but I also need to get something to play Region B titles. Is there a cheap standalone Region B you can buy with the correct voltage outlet?

I'll ultimately get that Oppo when I pull the trigger ........... maybe ill sell my 103D first to justify it. ha

Chip, https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+b.TRS0&_nkw=blu-ray+player+region+b&_sacat=0

tons of cheap ones on ebay for just region free. @blu-steel that work with our electric voltage I just mentioned the other for Simon since sometimes those UK sites still charge a premium for region free so could be cheaper route doing the voltage switch for region free. No need if in USA, CA etc.

@Sigill well i did the research and also found a pic of what my 103D mod looks like. It was an EXTERNAL plug and go mod.

image.jpg

but the 203 same seller/outfit that most of used on ebay claims the new mod while ONLY TAKES 2 minutes ....... is INTERNAL only .... so a bit more work obviously... but, NO SOLDERING so thats good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPPO-DIGITA...-UPGRADE-CABLE-KIT-NO-SOLDERING-/361854316949

Another source for OPPO regionfree mod kits: http://bluraychip.dk/ ("shipped free of charge worldwide")

Bought one for my BDP-93 from there - even before I had the Blu-ray player :LOL:

Works like a charm and easy to install :thumbs:

@Wreck Sounds like Suspiria possibly could be the next HDN exclusive release? :D At least it sounds good enough to include in the Black Label line :naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
I'll ultimately get that Oppo when I pull the trigger ........... maybe ill sell my 103D first to justify it. ha

Chip, https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+b.TRS0&_nkw=blu-ray+player+region+b&_sacat=0

tons of cheap ones on ebay for just region free. @blu-steel that work with our electric voltage I just mentioned the other for Simon since sometimes those UK sites still charge a premium for region free so could be cheaper route doing the voltage switch for region free. No need if in USA, CA etc.

@Sigill well i did the research and also found a pic of what my 103D mod looks like. It was an EXTERNAL plug and go mod.

View attachment 324857

but the 203 same seller/outfit that most of used on ebay claims the new mod while ONLY TAKES 2 minutes ....... is INTERNAL only .... so a bit more work obviously... but, NO SOLDERING so thats good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPPO-DIGITA...-UPGRADE-CABLE-KIT-NO-SOLDERING-/361854316949
That does look quick and easy, if only they were all like that! It sounds like the 203 isn't too bad. If it did involve soldering it would be a no no for me. I'm bound to mess something up! Lol. That is a decent price though for a multi region Oppo machine. I might have to think about one one for my next player. A lot of sites do still charge top money for region free players do it's good to know there are some reasonably priced mods out there.:)

That does look quick and easy, if only they were all like that! It sounds like the 203 isn't too bad. If it did involve soldering it would be a no no for me. I'm bound to mess something up! Lol. That is a decent price though for a multi region Oppo machine. I might have to think about one one for my next player. A lot of sites do still charge top money for region free players do it's good to know there are some reasonably priced mods out there.:)
Oppo 203 Already made region free, and ships worldwide.
(I've bought from them- they're good)
http://www.220-electronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Oppo+blu+ray+

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
  • Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Thanks @C.C. 95! I have heard a lot of good things about them. It's not cheap but you do get what you pay for. Thanks for the link mate. That's good to know that they are already region free.:)
Yeah, that's the brilliant thing. They have a whole section that is "Region Free" players.
You can spend as much or as little as you wish. I got a Panny years ago from them for about $150 (because Pannys were able to override French Forced subtitles).

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Yeah, that's the brilliant thing. They have a whole section that is "Region Free" players.
You can spend as much or as little as you wish. I got a Panny years ago from them for about $150 (because Pannys were able to override French Forced subtitles).
Yeah it looks like a good site. I'm not sure how much I would want to pay but it's always nice to have a few options. I did hear that about the Panasonics. I used to hate those TF1 releases with the forced French subs!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95

View attachment 324857

Ended up getting the 205 direct from Oppo. I figured with the sound system I have I should not skimp.

Now I just need a good AV pre-amp and JVC projector to replace my older stuff.

Ended up getting the 205 direct from Oppo. I figured with the sound system I have I should not skimp.

Now I just need a good AV pre-amp and JVC projector to replace my older stuff.

You hook it right up 7.1 analog directly, or do you go digital, through the HDMI, Optical, or Coax? Just curious....

You hook it right up 7.1 analog directly, or do you go digital, through the HDMI, Optical, or Coax? Just curious....

From my understanding going 7.1 analog outs is the best option. That is how I have my older player hooked up as I dont have a HDMI pre-amp. Still using the good reliable Outlaw Audio 990 and will upgrade to the Marantz 7703 more than likely.

From my understanding going 7.1 analog outs is the best option. That is how I have my older player hooked up as I dont have a HDMI pre-amp. Still using the good reliable Outlaw Audio 990 and will upgrade to the Marantz 7703 more than likely.

Ohh ok, then if that was your plan for the audio hookup then the oppo is best for you. I recently got the Samsung UBD-K8500 Region Free Blu-Ray Player with 4k Ultra-HD Resolution, I have it hooked up with 2.1 HDMI cables for both audio and video. I also recently upgraded my older Marantz to the new Marantz SR6011 and I'm loving it. 4K video and audio compatible 9.2 in amp, 11.2 with 2 channel external amp. Dolby Atmos compatible, wifi, blutooth, I'm really happy with the upgrade.

Ohh ok, then if that was your plan for the audio hookup then the oppo is best for you. I recently got the Samsung UBD-K8500 Region Free Blu-Ray Player with 4k Ultra-HD Resolution, I have it hooked up with 2.1 HDMI cables for both audio and video. I also recently upgraded my older Marantz to the new Marantz SR6011 and I'm loving it. 4K video and audio compatible 9.2 in amp, 11.2 with 2 channel external amp. Dolby Atmos compatible, wifi, blutooth, I'm really happy with the upgrade.

Upgrading is exciting. I cant wait to get my JVC projector in the next few weeks hopefully.

• Thanks
Reactions: GI_SnakeEyes