Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - In theaters August 8, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world.
With: Megan Fox

Trailer:

Attachments

• TMNT2014poster.jpg
    TMNT2014poster.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Ohh Lord.

Was Fox hot in it at least (well how couldn't she be)

What did the PC brigade do to the film (without to many spoilers I guess).

Since it's out Friday I'll keep the spoilers to myself till the weekend for those going to see it, as I know Bloodsnake will read them lol!

Fox didn't add to it, although I will admit I actually don't find her attractive anyway and she certainly can't act. Think I'm the only person that bought Jennifers Body for Amanda Seyfried only lol. :D

Since it's out Friday I'll keep the spoilers to myself till the weekend for those going to see it, as I know Bloodsnake will read them lol!

Fox didn't add to it, although I will admit I actually don't find her attractive anyway and she certainly can't act. Think I'm the only person that bought Jennifers Body for Amanda Seyfried only lol. :D

Well early reviews are living up to my expectations. Comic Book Resources just ripped the film apart and it's currently holding a 33% at Rotten Tomatoes. I hope the fans can at least enjoy it enough.

Fans of the original comics, tv cartoon and even the 90's film will find much to dislike. The Turtles themselves have no redeeming qualities, are fairly unpleasant to look at and behave like obnoxious high school jocks "the ones you really did despise"

I was never expecting Oscar material it's produced by Bay! Even by his standards this is just utter garbage. Neither cute enough to be suitable for small children and not well made enough to appeal to adults.

Bay and his director were 100% the wrong choice for this property.

I hope Guardians holds strong and stops this being too successful.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut

Fans of the original comics, tv cartoon and even the 90's film will find much to dislike. The Turtles themselves have no redeeming qualities, are fairly unpleasant to look at and behave like obnoxious high school jocks "the ones you really did despise"

I was never expecting Oscar material it's produced by Bay! Even by his standards this is just utter garbage. Neither cute enough to be suitable for small children and not well made enough to appeal to adults.

GOTH-DAMN YOU @psychoscot! :angry: :mad: Talking about My Megan Fox... those are fighting words! :box: :p After reading your wonderful mini reviews, NOW I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this tomorrow! :naughty: I know I'll enjoy it! I'm a SUCKER for Mindless Action and for anything Bayhem related!

We're all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions, and I certainly respect yours... but I do hope this is successful enough to get a Sequel! :cool: :thumbs:

took my nephew and the family to see it and he enjoyed it ! everyone else on the other hand... not so much. I was raised on the turtles and it really really hurt to see what they turned them into in this movie. Shredded and splinter were no better. There was hardly no significant character build nor transition of the characters. With the original movies and cartoons everyone was able to identify with at least one character, they were distinct in the own rights. They butchered it in this remake. The script was laughable and the acting was even worse (namely megan fox). CGI also didn't serve well in this, and its pretty noticeable how bad it is

the turtles are supposed to be fun with the dynamic of growing pains of a family, AND PIZZA ! none of that happen. The pizza was an after thought in this movie and you will see how sloppy it was thrown it.

i honestly beg people to not watch this movie because i dont want to see bay's team receive any more money and turn another lovable franchise into trash

Last edited:
took my nephew and the family to see it and he enjoyed it ! everyone else on the other hand... not so much. I was raised on the turtles and it really really hurt to see what they turned them into in this movie. Shredded and splinter were no better. There was hardly no significant character build nor transition of the characters. With the original movies and cartoons everyone was able to identify with at least one character, they were distinct in the own rights. They butchered it in this remake. The script was laughable and the acting was even worse (namely megan fox). CGI also didn't serve well in this, and its pretty noticeable how bad it is

the turtles are supposed to be fun with the dynamic of growing pains of a family, AND PIZZA ! none of that happen. The pizza was an after thought in this movie and you will see how sloppy it was thrown it.

i honestly beg people to not watch this movie because i dont want to see bay's team receive any more money and turn another lovable franchise into trash

Pretty much agree 100% I REALLY REALLY want this to fail because I don't want sequels! I want it rebooted again in the hands of someone who understands the source material.

IMG_20140808_163935_0.jpg IMG_20140808_163901_0.jpg

Saw this earlier today!!! ;) I thought it was FUN!!! I had a BLAST watching this in the theater! ;) The New Turtles are Cool! :cool: (Mikey being my favorite of them all :p) I especially liked Megan Fox in this, I'm glad she had more to do than just be a pretty face... though she was that too! :drool: :emb: I enjoyed this film for what it is, a kick ass Action Packed film, PURE FU**ING AWESOME ENTERTAINMENT!!! :thumbs: Bring on the SEQUELS!!! :naughty: :D

But the Original Turtle Movies (Parts 1 and 2) are still my favorite! :notworthy:

Came back from it. Cool special effects. Terrible movie. Mikey made me chuckle at times but i left dissapointed. Not a movie for fans.

Terrible dialogue and plot.

But man did they nail the chemistry with the turtles. Great fun with them imo. I love that elevator scene with mikey beatboxing.

Oh and MAGNETS!!! I like that part too.

Yeah just read it on Twitter! Who do I need to kill to stop this abomination!!! :D :p

Fox is who you need to kill:D:D:):thumbs: Really cant believe Bay let her in another movie. She is a terrible actor and I dont find her attractive either.

Saw this tonight with my brother. Very mixed feelings on this certainly not in my Top movies this year. 3D was ok not too bad. I feel the story was just rushed and they did not focus and the turtles (or pizza<Trade some of Fox's scenes for the turtles with pizza....)

If you are on the fence seeing this wait for the BD release.

Reactions: Drum18

They're teenagers, dude. And they grew up in the sewer, without a mother, with only their martial arts training and "buck buck" game to keep them entertained. I grew up with the Turtles and I think that their characters is one of the few things this film did well.

The movie was nothing super special, but it was a good slice of nostalgia (pun intended). I'm not hankering for another viewing, but I'll still collect it on blu-ray (especially since we know the sequel is coming now).