Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
This will sell out as all previous terminator 2 steelbooks have
It's a shared print run in Europe

New remaster video as in 4K scan
The original 35mm negative was scanned and then restored in 4k at Deluxe L.A and then after this was done they done a separate conversion into 3D

The 2D Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray releases has the remastered video as does the 4K UHD

The original 35mm negative was scanned and then restored in 4k at Deluxe L.A and then after this was done they done a separate conversion into 3D

The 2D Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray releases has the remastered video as does the 4K UHD
I agree.

This is supposed to look awesome (according to Cameron himself)

If they did the same quality job as on Titanic and Jurassic Park I don't see why it won't :)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland

You guys have convinced me. I can always send it back if it's not good anyway :thumbs:

Would have been a fair price with 4k disc, too expensive without it, £5 more for less content doesn't make sense to me. I have a spare copy of the previous Zavvi steelbook, probably just end up sticking a 4k disc in there.

Morning all

Yeah.. It's launching at Midday BST (just over two hours away - Social guy got it wrong, not Big Z) - We've had a couple of questions asking if this is the Skynet Edition - Nothing we've been sent says so at the moment, but we'll send off an email asking :)

Here's a look at the SteelBook art:

6f2mNEJ.jpg

Product description:

A BRAND NEW RESTORATION

James Cameron’s epic action, sci-fi masterpiece starring Schwarzenegger in his most iconic role, has been stunningly restored by Cameron himself. First hitting our screens in 1991 with ground-breaking special effects, this version will take the seminal blockbuster to the next level of effects and into the 21st century for a new generation of fans.

It has been 10 years since the events of Terminator. Sarah Connor’s ordeal is only just beginning as she struggles to protect her son John, the future leader of the human resistance against the machines, from a new Terminator, sent back in time to eliminate John Connor while he’s still a child.

Sarah and John don’t have to face this terrifying threat alone however. The human resistance have managed to send them an ally, a warrior from the future ordered to protect John Connor at any cost.

The battle for tomorrow has begun…

Extras:

• NEW - T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

PRE-ORDERS LIVE AT MIDDAY (Currently printing out a P45 for Little Z)
This is what we want, Zavvi communicating ! Hats off ! And thankyou ! Ordered by the way.

I have no idea why a few of you are complaining about the price, it includes a brand new 2D restoration and 3D disc, I happen to think their price point is fair enough. I would have happily put down up to €35 for this, come on, it's T2!! The play.com days are dead and buried.
Exactly.

People have no problem ordering the new POTC steelbook for the same price. It's the same package you're getting. New transfer and 3D disc.

Filmarena will probably be twice that for some extra cardboard!

Reactions: ihategiantspiders