That time of year again! 2nd Annual SteelBook Fan Fantasy Football Season

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
So last year we had a decent season but didn't have quite the active or amount of members we wanted. I think this year will be even better!

So here is the list of the people from last year who are still active here. They get first dibs in unless they want to opt out.

kaliraver JOINED
Wreck JOINED
BlurayJunkie JOINED
Horhay JOINED
Andy (apsmith) JOINED
{param}Antman JOINED
Nightowl JOINED
Felix INVITE SENT
Wiggy INVITE SENT
Robert JOINED
unam JOINED
Pooh (last years champ) JOINED

* Didnt play last year but posted at the end of last year's thread saying he wanted in this year.

This is American Football .. there was a lil bit of confusion last year so just figured I'd throw that in.

We plan to do a live draft, we currently have 7 people (teams) in this league so far but depending on who all else wants in we will fill up this league and possibly create another ... so maybe 10 teams and 10 teams if there is enough interest for 2. Otherwise maybe 8 and 8 ... who knows.

If you want to play, get in! If its your first time, but you LIKE NFL football then we can easily teach you through it. You just gotta log in a couple times per week and set up your line up before the NFL games that weekend.

Free SteelBook to the winner and display stands.

AND please dont reply if you wont stay active! MUST BE A MEMBER OF THIS SITE AS OF TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

"Ninjas" have preference if we get too many!

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
Change the date, I would prefer live draft. I also got home early to do this. If it ain't possible due to tomorrow's game it's all good Wreck.

put it like this, if we change now ... we gotta skip the first week of NFL play. If we autodraft now and everyone edits their rankings, then it can happen now , no skip. Plus, it goes my professional yahoo standard if you dont edit your order so for those who are not here ... (show up) then they dont miss out on anything either.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I dont think this will start until I put it to "ready" so if you guys want you can make any lsat edits in your pre-rankings and then let me know ...

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

unless yall want to skip the first week ..

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

wanna do live draft on sunday?

This is what Yahoo says:

"Leagues that complete drafts (live, auto, offline) after 11:59pm PT on Wednesday, September 7 will start scoring in week 2. However, the commissioner can adjust the league setting "Start League scoring in" to Week 1."

I'd be up for just drafting tomorrow if that works.

OK CHANGED ... SORRY GUYS!!! 8PM CST SUNDAY .... live draft. if that time is a huge conflict I can change a little bit ...

I wont adjust probably ... cause if we adjust it will basically say who would have won in the first week had they played ..... I mean if everyone is down with that ... then thats cool. I dont mind I guess cause it would have happened anyways in real life had we already drafted. Tho people may want to try and draft according to that lol.

If everyone is FOR adjusting ... say so ...

I would be up for drafting before Sunday, so we can count this week. We'll just miss Thursday's game which will still be counted as well.

edit: I think it's more fair, so we don't see what happens on Sunday which will influence how everyone drafts.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

If anyone wants to draft tonight, we could do a live offline draft. I can setup a google spreadsheet and e-mail it to everyone and whoever isn't online we can just auto-draft how yahoo would. Just let me know, either way is cool with me.

Last edited:
I would be up for friday or saturday, but I think those days being "going out days" for many might be a problem for most folks as opposed to Sunday.

I have a very important dinner meeting on Thursday so I just couldnt wing it.

I think we should go for Saturday so we can at least go into Sunday fresh and only miss one game. I'll put the draft before going out on Saturday, for sure. :)

But we would need to include Thursday's stats ....

People start posting what day you want it, and what time frame ... and then I can make a best judgment call based on everyone's findings.

But we would need to include Thursday's stats ....

People start posting what day you want it, and what time frame ... and then I can make a best judgment call based on everyone's findings.

Right, so the question is, do we draft on Saturday and include Thursdays stats, or do we draft on Sunday and wash out week 1?

Just to follow up on my point, I would rather lose one game and have its outcome influence a small percentage of the draft than lose an entire week, so I'm down for Saturday. :)

yeah Ill just keep it for sunday I had some peeps who wanted that time as well.

we can just edit to include week 1 stats. ie. we will all each have a win or a loss.