The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,440
Last edited:
What is a magno case? I like the art but can't work out if it's metal / G1 or what!?!

Its G2 in size and a little slimmer than a steelbook. Its seriously glossy with a sheen never seen on a steelbook. It's made of a carbonised lightweight metal with a very very thin layer of foam inbetween the front and back plates one of which on the end holds the magnet to hold it closed. It folds open with a nice quality heavy feel unlike a card digipack and weights more than even a Kimichi steelbook.

I can understand some thinking it's not metal as the art is layered on with a seriously heavy glaze that looks like it can't possibly be metal, giving it a seriously over the top finish.

I still love steelbooks, but this is a worthy editions to the collectors field. The only things I can see it fall down on is embossing/debossing as it's not really made for doing that very well.

I would like to see more of them :cool:

Its G2 in size and a little slimmer than a steelbook. Its seriously glossy with a sheen never seen on a steelbook. It's made of a carbonised lightweight metal with a very very thin layer of foam inbetween the front and back plates one of which on the end holds the magnet to hold it closed. It folds open with a nice quality heavy feel unlike a card digipack and weights more than even a Kimichi steelbook.

I can understand some thinking it's not metal as the art is layered on with a seriously heavy glaze that looks like it can't possibly be metal, giving it a seriously over the top finish.

I still love steelbooks, but this is a worthy editions to the collectors field. The only things I can see it fall down on is embossing/debossing as it's not really made for doing that very well.

I would like to see more of them :cool:

Thanks dude, I've looked at the thread and it's amazing - I officially want it! Have posted in that thread and the wanted thread!

Reactions: psychoscot
It definitely seems to be popular, the 3D version sold out very quick and is now going for double the retail on FleBay. Certainly beats this steelbook which was such a major disappointment after the first films versions which were both stunning.

Can anyone from the UK check if the original Amazing Spiderman steelbook is still available in the HMV stores? I might buy the second one only if the first one is still available.

Can anyone from the UK check if the original Amazing Spiderman steelbook is still available in the HMV stores? I might buy the second one only if the first one is still available.

Are you kidding? No point looking. Sold out long ago!

1st one is long gone from HMV, but check eBay as you can pick it up new and sealed for not much more than the original price.

Finally picked this up on Friday, since I was already in town, figured I might as well. There were quite a few at the Mansfield branch... I came across at least five in three different locations in the store. Not a bad steel anyway imo... looks better in hand, but that border still bugs me.

Is the Amazon.de one the same as this one? Appears to have a similar border. Might just order that one.

@PJM I have the German Steelbook. It includes a Bonus Blu-ray not found in the UK release. In all other aspects, the releases are identical.

It's currently available from amazon.de for EUR 14.99 (£12). The price went up from EUR 12.40 (£10) a couple of hours ago. I assume you reside in the UK. Shipping works out at EUR 4 (£3). It's flat rate, irrespective of how many items are included in the order, so it pays to add any other titles you might be interested in.

Reactions: SaberTooth
Can't let myself pick it up with that horrible black border that even stretches into the debossed area. Would be ok if his mask would be right at the debossborder.

Oooh, might have to grab this. Do you know what else is in the 2 for £25 promo?

I haven't seen any more steelbooks in that offer when I picked one up for my Xmas pressie (people forget to get me one so I buy my own as well now :D) but there are some good blu-ray's. To make up the "25, I picked up The Winter Soldier, and I noticed the Thor: dark World 3D was included in the offer.

By the way, still plenty of ASM2 steelbooks knocking about in HMV.

Without the wrapping it looks good, but mine is going back to HMV to be replaced next week. It closes, but it doesn't 'lock' closed as the edges are bent out of shape in places.