The Aristocats (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #21) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: August 11th, 2014
Price: £19.99
Purchase link: The Aristocats
Notes: gloss finish

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10962972-1401191984-690558.jpg

10962972-1401191984-690576.jpg

10962972-1401191984-690553.jpg

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 460
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 418
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 430
  • 10962972-1401191984-690490.jpg
    10962972-1401191984-690490.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 10962972-1401191984-690692.jpg
    10962972-1401191984-690692.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 351
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 368
Last edited by a moderator:
So the newer 90s released films, Hunchback, Mulan and Hercules have similar border style design steels, but the older films like this don't. Wonder if this theme will continue with any of the newer release Disney's that get the steelbook treatment.

Reactions: lzxgeorge
So the newer 90s released films, Hunchback, Mulan and Hercules have similar border style design steels, but the older films like this don't. Wonder if this theme will continue with any of the newer release Disney's that get the steelbook treatment.

frozen (2013)
planes (2013)
aladdin (1992)

also new(er) titles, no border artwork.

frozen (2013)
planes (2013)
aladdin (1992)

also new(er) titles, no border artwork.

I wouldn't call Aladdin new at 22 years old! :hilarious: Planes is a Pixar movie so not counted technically, and Frozen is, well, Frozen! A global release of the same steelbook, for a brand new movie that smashed it at the box office and is the biggest selling film they've done! :thumbs: The others are all Zavvi UK exclusives (and very well done in the most part in my opinion)

I wouldn't call Aladdin new at 22 years old! :hilarious: Planes is a Pixar movie so not counted technically, and Frozen is, well, Frozen! A global release of the same steelbook, for a brand new movie that smashed it at the box office and is the biggest selling film they've done! :thumbs: The others are all Zavvi UK exclusives (and very well done in the most part in my opinion)

Planes is a DisneyToon Studios Release its not a Pixar Release

Last edited:
One of the dullest disney movie I have seen, so easy pass.
Front art and inside looks great, but backside art is a miss for me, especially because the front is pink colour and back is a dark coloured picture.

One of the dullest disney movie I have seen, so easy pass.
Front art and inside looks great, but backside art is a miss for me, especially because the front is pink colour and back is a dark coloured picture.

I really like the back artwork, fair enough it doesn't flow well from the front but I wouldn't want it changed especially as they might slap a charater from the front on it and be done like the earlier disney releases.. i love that they have used a full art on the back.. a big thumbs up to disney for trying to improve their steelbook designs as we have complained about blank slips, no gloss, random embossing, lazy back art etc etc.:thumbs:

Reactions: harry
Finally Zavvi has bought another classic back as i was thinking for quite some time for this movie to get a steelbook release very happy to no about this thanks mate for the info much appreciated....

I really like the back artwork, fair enough it doesn't flow well from the front but I wouldn't want it changed especially as they might slap a charater from the front on it and be done like the earlier disney releases.. i love that they have used a full art on the back.. a big thumbs up to disney for trying to improve their steelbook designs as we have complained about blank slips, no gloss, random embossing, lazy back art etc etc.:thumbs:

I personally hope they would have continued to make the backsides similar to Aladdin, Cinderella with all the steelbooks in this collection. Having that iconic small image in the middle and colour flowing nicely with front. Aladdin was perfect with that.

Reactions: chunk

Wish the whole steelbook was blue. Like the images, but not the pink background.

Anyway, easy purchase. Oooo mally the alley cat

I personally hope they would have continued to make the backsides similar to Aladdin, Cinderella with all the steelbooks in this collection. Having that iconic small image in the middle and colour flowing nicely with front. Aladdin was perfect with that.
I also prefer a steelbook to flow from front to back, I am a fan of full artwork on the backs of steels though as I like to have the option to display them from either side, without a load of credits etc cluttering up the art. I really like the back of alice in wonderland for example (i agree with you that the colours flowing back and front is best) but having seen the back artwork for this I love it so I can live with the different colours. It would have been better if they'd managed to merge them some how, maybe with a border around the back art?? But I don't think that would have looked quite right either though?.. I dunno lol..:D

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Wish the whole steelbook was blue. Like the images, but not the pink background.

Anyway, easy purchase. Oooo mally the alley cat

Lol.. that would work. This is a funny one as I really like both artworks, picture and colour choices are great front and back but independent of each other, I guess its good I don't often open the steels and look at both sides at once:D

i dont understand the lack of consistency for this collection. the last two announced steels (Hercules and Mulan) had borders. so does robin hood. and the hunchback. so why not this?

random and incoherent.

i dont understand the lack of consistency for this collection. the last two announced steels (Hercules and Mulan) had borders. so does robin hood. and the hunchback. so why not this?

random and incoherent.

The Aristocats 1970 looks better without the border style used with Mulan/Hercules/Hunchback
Beautiful looking steelbook will look great beside Pinocchio
Fantastic Artwork
Gloss Finish

Most likely will still have the usual border for the embossing of the Title etc

Last edited: