The Blair Witch Project (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 23rd, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live around 6 PM UK time on November 13)
Price: £15.99

11366059-1794435833879051.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just cancelled my pre order not worth the price will wait for a drop in price
Yeah, cancelled mine a few days after it went live. I personally think it is worth it, though - the movie itself is great, and i think the steelbook looks good too, has alot if rewatch value for me and have watched quite a few times already. Reason i cancelled mine? I always try to pick up these steelbooks at the cheapest price possible, even if i have to wait months for a price drop, and i'm guessing (hoping) this will remain around for a good while yet so that i can get it cheap - i get a buzz out of that. And if you love your movies, and want them in steelbooks, then this can become an expensive endeavor. Get things half price? Spend half the money.

got mine today. disappointed to be honest. just a flat, glossy steel.

i think the film would have benefited from a matte finish, and an embossed effigy.

this is a gritty and grimey film, the finish is pretty thoughtless.

but still, its a steelbook i never thought would have been made, im glad to have it, just so close yet so far....

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart

i think the film would have benefited from a matte finish, and an embossed effigy.

but still, its a steelbook i never thought would have been made, im glad to have it, just so close yet so far....
happy days: mine also arrived today - agreed. never thought i'd get a steel for this, so content enough. but your summary is spot on. :thumbs: debossed effigy would have been nice, but another flat steel from zavvi. i also got my 'Blair Witch' steel today, and the back of that actually has scratches in the design, which makes it look pretty gritty (though i can see why some collectors wouldn't like that).

• Thanks
Reactions: levi

Could you upload some pictures,please? :)

happy days: mine also arrived today - agreed. never thought i'd get a steel for this, so content enough. but your summary is spot on. :thumbs: debossed effigy would have been nice, but another flat steel from zavvi. i also got my 'Blair Witch' steel today, and the back of that actually has scratches in the design, which makes it look pretty gritty (though i can see why some collectors wouldn't like that).

yeh, i got my blair witch steel today also. i prefer the look of that steel

Oh for crying out loud! They've charged me £19.99 instead of £15.99 and now I have it in hand I'd say it's only worth £5.99 MAX!
Ouch! And thats how they make their money! They know the steelbook collecting game, so why can't they just do it a good service - at least once in a while, FFS. I don't mind the look of this, but glad i cancelled and will wait for a price drop..........long as it doesnt sell out in the meantime!

Last edited:
Ouch! And thats how they make their money! They know the steelbook collecting game, so why can't they just do it a good service - at least once in a while, FFS. I don't mind the look of this, but glad i cancelled and will wait for a price drop..........long as it doesnt sell out in the meantime!
Yeah I smell conspiracy! To be fair it's quite a nice steelbook (and a title that's been on my wish list for yonks) I was shall we say slightly irate when I posted that!

Yeah I smell conspiracy! To be fair it's quite a nice steelbook (and a title that's been on my wish list for yonks) I was shall we say slightly irate when I posted that!
Haha, yeah i know exactly what you mean..........heat of the moment posts! But hey, if thats how you feel at that moment then why not post it as that? Yeah, has also Been on my steelbook wishlist since day dot too, so however it is i'll have it.........preferably AFTER a price drop!

. . . and a couple more:-
pc493Z3.jpg
XoZlGAB.jpg

At least they go together reasonably well with the red/orange, grey and black colouring on both but would have been better with a more similar title treatment on the spines.
No title on the front of PROJECT seems reasonable to me lest it interfered with the artwork.
Look as matte as they come and with no extra finishing such as spot gloss (that I can see) - both would have definitely benefitted from a full gloss finish (IMO) to give the black some depth and make those oranges/reds stand out.
Decent designs both inside and out inspired by original poster artwork complete the package..

Look acceptable to me although maybe not 30 quid acceptable (for the two).