The Book of Eli Megathread w/ Customs

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
book_of_eli_ver2.jpg

Eli walks alone in post-apocalyptic America. He heads west along the Highway of Death on a mission he doesn't fully understand but knows he must complete. In his backpack is the last copy of a book that could become the wellspring of a revived society. Or in the wrong hands, the hammer of a despot. Denzel Washington is Eli, who keeps his blade sharp and his survival instincts sharper as his quest thrusts him into a savage wasteland... and into explosive conflict with a resourceful warlord (Gary Oldman) set on possessing the book. "We walk by faith, not by sight," quotes Eli. Under the taut direction of the Hughes Brothers (Menace II Society), those words hit home with unexpected meaning and power.

book-of-eli-poster_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Colombianlove41
The Book of Eli also received 3 Steelbook editions, whilst only 2 were different steelbooks. Below are some pics and links to the thread discussion of the steelbooks.

German Collectors Edition:

BOEgermanCE.jpg

BSB - Book of Eli German CE Post |Hi Def Ninja - German BOE SteelBook Thread

FutureShop Canadian Exclusive:

boe3.jpg

BSB - Book of Eli Canada Artwork Post | Hi Def Ninja - Canada (FS) BOE SteelBook Thread

Not seen that version with the book and hipflask before - any idea if that's still available?

So here is my custom Book of Eli fig so far ....... obviously still a ways from being done.

I wont be using those pants, but figured id throw some on him so he's not naked haha.

And the head has yet to get painted, so i left the Obama look-alike head on for the pic.

He also needs shoes. Other than that its coming along nicely.

Attachments

• DSCF8177.JPG
    DSCF8177.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF8178.JPG
    DSCF8178.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF8185.JPG
    DSCF8185.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 164
DSCN0850.JPG

Res dogs steel was just thrown in for reference to the size of this thing. I've got a 70" poster that hangs above my tv, so this baby will sit nice on top of the tv once I make a stand for it.

Reactions: Bluprint
That looks incredible, Wreck. Is it the actual size used in the movie?

I dont know, maybe... its very big. I shined it up with a cleaner :D - 22 inches long.

With Wreck, it probably is the one used in the movie

haha nah ... I wish, but that would be thousands, plus I dont know if the guy who has that would even sell. ;p But I seen the exact one. (pics)

Yeah I bought the true type african american figure which comes with a look-alike obama head.

I have this head sculpt custom made

attachment.php

I just need to get it pro painted.

I put the entire thing together myself, but I didnt make the head sculpt nor will I attempt to paint.

I cut out the finger tips on the gloves to resemble that of the ones he uses in the movie and also that jacket did not come like that ... it was a WWII pull over jacket that I had to cut up and do some work to (some minute sewing) to get to where its at now ... it has turned into a VERY expensive project so I'm taking my sweet time with it. :p Just the head, backpack and gun a lone cost $105 combined ... paint job will cost more than that probably a lone. Crazy.

Yeah I bought the true type african american figure which comes with a look-alike obama head.

I have this head sculpt custom made

attachment.php

I just need to get it pro painted.

I put the entire thing together myself, but I didnt make the head sculpt nor will I attempt to paint.

I cut out the finger tips on the gloves to resemble that of the ones he uses in the movie and also that jacket did not come like that ... it was a WWII pull over jacket that I had to cut up and do some work to (some minute sewing) to get to where its at now ... it has turned into a VERY expensive project so I'm taking my sweet time with it. :p Just the head, backpack and gun a lone cost $105 combined ... paint job will cost more than that probably a lone. Crazy.

Whoever made this has made skills :scat:

Ok, I'll admit ... I had no idea I would be capable of pulling this off. Here is some work done so far.

Now i need to drill holes in it ....

I've also done a lot more little work on the BOE custom and the head (painted :scat: ) should be arriving any day now! I think I will wait and post those pics when fully done.

also created custom shades today :D

DSCN1540.JPG

Reactions: spawnshop