The Book of Eli Megathread w/ Customs

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
book_of_eli_ver2.jpg

Eli walks alone in post-apocalyptic America. He heads west along the Highway of Death on a mission he doesn't fully understand but knows he must complete. In his backpack is the last copy of a book that could become the wellspring of a revived society. Or in the wrong hands, the hammer of a despot. Denzel Washington is Eli, who keeps his blade sharp and his survival instincts sharper as his quest thrusts him into a savage wasteland... and into explosive conflict with a resourceful warlord (Gary Oldman) set on possessing the book. "We walk by faith, not by sight," quotes Eli. Under the taut direction of the Hughes Brothers (Menace II Society), those words hit home with unexpected meaning and power.

book-of-eli-poster_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Colombianlove41
DSCN1568.JPG

was gonna paint or weather the handle ... until once it was all done I found out that my machete wasn't near big enough. :p

hmmmm might make another but for sticking it in the backpack you really don't know its small ...

View attachment 8179

was gonna paint or weather the handle ... until once it was all done I found out that my machete wasn't near big enough. :p

hmmmm might make another but for sticking it in the backpack you really don't know its small ...

Dang Wreck! That's amazing. You've got some patience making small stuff like that. Wanna see it in person.

Nice work wreck! I many need to hire you as a model maker!!

Can't wait to see the painted head on there ;)

Dang Wreck! That's amazing. You've got some patience making small stuff like that. Wanna see it in person.

Its funny how its stressful for me making this stuff as I'm new to it ... but at the same time its a stress reliever as it requires your full attention so its nice to just take a break from the rat race (my cpu :p) and just fool around with making something.

Nice work wreck! I many need to hire you as a model maker!!

Can't wait to see the painted head on there ;)

I know! Keep checking mail everyday. Hopefully today! :ohno:

i need to watch this again. fall asleep during the first 30 minutes and never got round to seeing it again

Got my head in today ... looks awesome ... too bad I been ****in everything else up today :( :angry:

been waiting all week to finally put this baby together for the last time ... and in the process I break his freakin arm .... *sigh* While some of you may think I'm good at this, trust me ... I'm a n00b.

also rubbed some of the paint off on his head at bottom of neck ... since it wasnt fitting right ... only good news to that is that portion of his neck isnt seen once on due to shirt collar covering up.

Reactions: spawnshop
Yes he did .... he's on a journey right now protecting it and walking by faith to bring it to me! :)

thx!

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

ps. I fixed EVERYTHING!! pics to come!

:scat::scat::scat::D:scat::scat::scat:

boe3.jpg

Attachments

• boe7.jpg
    boe7.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 95
  • boe6.jpg
    boe6.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 99
  • boe5.jpg
    boe5.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 107
  • boe4.jpg
    boe4.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 102
  • boe2.jpg
    boe2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 99
  • boe1.jpg
    boe1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 113
  • boe.jpg
    boe.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 108
Got my head in today ... looks awesome ... too bad I been ****in everything else up today :( :angry:

been waiting all week to finally put this baby together for the last time ... and in the process I break his freakin arm .... *sigh* While some of you may think I'm good at this, trust me ... I'm a n00b.

also rubbed some of the paint off on his head at bottom of neck ... since it wasnt fitting right ... only good news to that is that portion of his neck isnt seen once on due to shirt collar covering up.

LOL, sounds like a normal day on the job to me :p seriously....

He looks awesome man! :cool:

How does it feel to finally have this guy done?
Now you can sit back, enjoy the figure, watch the film :movie:,
(and move onto to the next one, and the next one, and the next one.....)

It feels great, first time I did a custom head/custom painted fig. My Al Pacino and White Tux Aldo I already had painted heads so just had to find clothes. So I'm real proud of this one.

And yeah lol .... on to the next one. (hard just thinkin bout that, but De Niro Heat shouldnt be too hard)

It feels great, first time I did a custom head/custom painted fig. My Al Pacino and White Tux Aldo I already had painted heads so just had to find clothes. So I'm real proud of this one.

And yeah lol .... on to the next one. (hard just thinkin bout that, but De Niro Heat shouldnt be too hard)

Damm Wreck..Very impressive. :scat:

Reactions: Wreck
Looks freakin awesome Wreck. You can be seriously proud of the work you've done there mate! Skills!!

Looks amazing dude

My only question is what disk you use for the blade? I'm going to attempt to make one of these very soon

disk? didnt you any disc .....

to make the blade I just went to hardware store and went where they had sheet metal stuff. Think mine was some piece for a gutter or something. :p then just draw the outline on that and i was actually able to just use scissors and cut it. Screws up your scissors tho, but yeah thats how I did it quickly.

Reactions: Bluprint