Release date: January 5th, 2015
Purchase link: The Butterfly Effect
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra limited print run

butterfly.jpg

back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the director's cut please :ohno:

The UK distributor of this film is Icon, so the inclusion of the Director's Cut is unlikely.

The only Blu-ray release of "The Butterfly Effect" in the UK, so far, has been its inclusion in a 2 disc set of the trilogy, with parts 1 & 2 sharing a BD50 and part 3 on a BD25. Theatrical cut only and no extras.

Icon is also the distributor of the film in Australia where it was released as a single Blu-ray but it still only included the Theatrical Cut. The missing extras were reinstated but some of these are apparently in 1080i. The disc is Region ABC. I would surmise that this will be the disc contained in Zavvi's Steelbook.

Due to the lack of both cuts of the movie on the Icon release, I held off obtaining the Blu-ray until the US release from Warner (New Line). This definitely contains both Theatrical and Director's Cuts, as well as the extras. It's also Region ABC. I understand that the German (Warner) and French (Metropolitan) releases are identical to the US one.

Since Warner's release postdates Icon's by two years, it may be the case that Icon will have licensed the new re-mastering of the Director's Cut from them for their forthcoming Steelbook release, which will be their first release of this title, as a single Blu-ray disc, in the UK. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'll be keeping my US disc. I guess that we'll find out one way or the other this weekend.

One of my favourite films! Never been a huge fan of the posters for it though... hopefully they can come up with some new/creative art.

the director's cut please :ohno:

The UK distributor of this film is Icon, so the inclusion of the Director's Cut is unlikely.

The only Blu-ray release of "The Butterfly Effect" in the UK, so far, has been its inclusion in a 2 disc set of the trilogy, with parts 1 & 2 sharing a BD50 and part 3 on a BD25. Theatrical cut only and no extras.

Icon is also the distributor of the film in Australia where it was released as a single Blu-ray but it still only included the Theatrical Cut. The missing extras were reinstated but some of these are apparently in 1080i. The disc is Region ABC. I would surmise that this will be the disc contained in Zavvi's Steelbook.

Due to the lack of both cuts of the movie on the Icon release, I held off obtaining the Blu-ray until the US release from Warner (New Line). This definitely contains both Theatrical and Director's Cuts, as well as the extras. It's also Region ABC. I understand that the German (Warner) and French (Metropolitan) releases are identical to the US one.

Since Warner's release postdates Icon's by two years, it may be the case that Icon will have licensed the new re-mastering of the Director's Cut from them for their forthcoming Steelbook release, which will be their first release of this title, as a single Blu-ray disc, in the UK. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'll be keeping my US disc. I guess that we'll find out one way or the other this weekend.

Germany has a nice digibook with the director's cut,I seem to recall

YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
I love this film, one of my all time favourites.
re: directors cut - its certainly possible, and heres my reasoning; the dvd release was directors cut, which was of course by icon.
and the previous blu ray cannot be used in this, as it has the second film on it.
we are certainly due a release on blu of the directors cut, what better way to sell it than in a steelbook.
and if by some huge misjudgement by icon they give us just the theatrical, then I will just pop the us disc inside.
I think now I only need unbreakable and transformers animated movie to get steelbooks and I have all my most wanted.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: whysoserious?
Great film, about time for this but i hope its not the directors cut. Is there any artwork been revealed for this by any chance...

Ideas on live time and art?

P.S: would prefer to have both cuts NOT only director's cut or theatrical. Both would be great

Reactions: dLux
NICE! Atlast something good today. Feel like throwing up at the GotG artwork.

Price is overkill though. So if thats stays im not preordering anyway :)

AH! You see, this is how you do artistic, appropriate and beautiful at the same time!

Well, anyway, I for one, like it a lot (it's better than Ashton Kutcher's face in close-up for sure).

I will most definitely own this great, great film in this steelbook :). Hopefully a Donnie Darko steelbook is on the way.

Not bad art. Do really like this film but seen it too many times. Will get if it sticks around and drops a little