Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: January 15, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99
Notes: Zero Finish

The Creator.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Downer, had fingers crossed on some spot gloss. Mines arriving Monday, might just send it back and wait on a drop
Same. Oh well. It'll get a hefty drop on amazon Italy at some point, and I've got like 28euro credit sat with them, so I'll wait.

Movie is awesome but PQ is abominal
Could you explain more?

Do you mean the original cinema source or the home transfer?

One of my original issues with the cinema release was the relatively poor image quality, mainly down to the primary choice of the cheap and portable Sony FX-3 camera. The low light scenes were barely visible at the cinema. Basically, the first 25 minutes, I struggled to see any details in the blacks.
Wondered if it'd look bad on the 4k transfer.

The low light scenes were barely visible at the cinema. Basically, the first 25 minutes, I struggled to see any details in the blacks.
Looks good, everything discernable on my 2160p rip without HDR, kinda like those early 2000s Michael Mann films.
But I'm sure I wouldn't see crap either with HDR, the new abomination. :rofl:

Could you explain more?

One of my original issues with the cinema release was the relatively poor image quality, mainly down to the primary choice of the cheap and portable Sony FX-3 camera. The low light scenes were barely visible at the cinema. Basically, the first 25 minutes, I struggled to see any details in the blacks.
Transfer is as bad as cinema :(
Audio is great but the amount of soft image and grain is a let down

• Helpful Post
Reactions: TheWildEye
Could you explain more?

Hmmm. I watched it in a Dolby theater and I thought the PQ was amazing.
You may be referring to grain, that was intentionally added to emulate the retro futuristic look they were going for? The cinematographer confirmed that they were trying to emulate a heavy Kodak 35mm film grain.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Hmmm. I watched it in a Dolby theater and I thought the PQ was amazing.
You may be referring to grain, that was intentionally added to emulate the retro futuristic look they were going for? The cinematographer confirmed that they were trying to emulate a heavy Kodak 35mm film grain.
Yes, I know what film grain is. That added to the image looked fine considering it's digital source origin. What bothered me was the lack of detail or loss of it, in the lower black point range. Shadows lacked clarity and definition and the image was continuously, slightly soft throughout. As I mentioned above, I struggled to see anything in the darker portion of the image for most of the first 30 mins. Mid Range and upper white point was fine. Personally I thought the image wasn't great at all in the night scenes. Not that it was necessarily under-lit or that the camera couldn't handle the low light, rather, I think the colour graders did a rather poor job in post and lost a great deal of image detail, especially in the lower black range.

I saw it on my local cinema - which is fairly old - so granted, it may have not helped the situation. :D