The Divergent Series: Insurgent - In theaters March 20, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Release Date: March 20, 2015
Starring: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Octavia Spencer
Insurgent raises the stakes for Tris as she searches for allies and answers in the dystopian ruins of a futuristic Chicago. Tris (Woodley) and Four (James) are now fugitives on the run, hunted by Jeanine (Winslet), the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite. Racing against time, they must find out what Tris’s family sacrificed their lives to protect, and why the Erudite leaders will do anything to stop them. Haunted by her past choices but desperate to protect the ones she loves, Tris, with Four at her side, faces one impossible challenge after another as they unlock the truth about the past and ultimately the future of their world.

"Divergent" was written by first time author Veronica Roth and has topped The New York Times Best Seller list since being published in April 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins Publishers. Book sales of the "Divergent" trilogy have surged to nearly 22 million copies worldwide, up from 17 million at the time of the first film's March 21 release.

Divergent has grossed more than $260 million at the worldwide box office, making the film Lionsgate's highest-grossing domestic box office release outside "The Hunger Games" and "Twilight" franchises.

The third and fourth installments in the series, Allegiant - Parts 1 & 2, are slated for release on March 18, 2016 and March 24, 2017, respectively.

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So... what did you thought of it?
Sorry for the late reply @Drum18! :sorry: I didn't receive an alert! :banghead:

What did I think of it? I fu**ing enjoyed it! :woot: I thought it was a great follow up and I can't wait for Allegiant Part 1! :cool: But for now, bring on the Steelbooks and other Special Editions! :thumbs: :notworthy:

We're actually gonna go see it again tonight!
popcorn2.gif

Reactions: RekLess
Sorry for the late reply @Drum18! :sorry: I didn't receive an alert! :banghead:

What did I think of it? I fu**ing enjoyed it! :woot: I thought it was a great follow up and I can't wait for Allegiant Part 1! :cool:
Damn man!
You were so late I had to go see it myself!!! :p

Nan kiddin, Miss Drum wanted to go anyway.
Gotta say I was really bored with all that nowhere stuff... dunno how to describe it but it kinda felt without any point of doing all this... maybe a 2nd Watch when the steel will get out will help my judgement of this, but after enjoying the 1st, this one was a big meh for me. Miss Drum enjoyed it though...

Damn man!
You were so late I had to go see it myself!!! :p

Nan kiddin, Miss Drum wanted to go anyway.
Gotta say I was really bored with all that nowhere stuff... dunno how to describe it but it kinda felt without any point of doing all this... maybe a 2nd Watch when the steel will get out will help my judgement of this, but after enjoying the 1st, this one was a big meh for me. Miss Drum enjoyed it though...
@Drum18 LOL! :LOL: Sorry Marc :emb: But you know what they say about DAMN Mexicans, we're always late :wacky:... for EVERYTHING! :D
Late Mexicans.jpg
:p

I hope you enjoy it more on your 2nd viewing :thumbs: I know I did! :cool:
20150327_Insurgent.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: Drum18
About on par with the first movie for me. Divergent had a better story line with the setup of the different factions. Insurgent slightly builds on that set up but amps the action a lot.

Pros

- Quantity of action is among the highest of recent YA adapted movies

- Special effects were surprisingly decent

- Miles Teller really stood out as Peter

- Jai Courtney was actually good, yet underused

- Good set up to the next film

Cons

- Story with the Fifth Element like block rock was really obvious and cliché

- The dialogue in this movie is horrible at times

- Chemistry with Tris and Four was bland and their relationship was not developed or challenged

- Character overload at times; some characters had less than 5 speaking lines

Overall, if you liked Divergent, Insurgent is a decent follow up. Very flawed film, but enjoyable if you’re a fan of the series or the genre. Saw this on IMAX 3D awhile back; 3D was average at best.

Reactions: Drum18