The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Complete First Season (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: April 30, 2024
Purchase links 4K: Amazon - Walmart - Blu-ray: Amazon - Walmart
Price: 4K: $63.99 (Amazon - Walmart) - BD: $49.11 (Amazon - Walmart)

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Complete First Season.jpg

714sCbJA+xL._SL1441_.jpg 71YZ6BxdiJL._SL1439_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonus Features:
  • Featurette: “Cap’s Shield”
  • Gag Reel
  • Deleted scenes: “Flight Lesson,” “Still Not Funny”
  • Documentary: “Assembled: The Making of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier”

Heard this is one of the better Disney+ shows. Thoughts?
I thought the first couple of episodes were good .... But then it goes off the boil and I found the finale was lacking.

Apparently the script was rewritten mid production due to Covid related issues.

All in all, not bad but not great either.

You heard wrong, it's probably closer to the bottom worst.
Best Marvel TV shows aren't from Disney, like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Punisher... :naughty:

Great show. It's my second favorite Disney+ show right behind Wandavision. It has so many thought provoking emotional topics it explores throughout the series. You have the Winter Solider who befriends the father of the son that he murdered while under Hydra's mind control. How do you live the rest of your life knowing you murdered peoples children and parents?? .. Yes you were under mind control but your hands still pulled the trigger. This is something The Winter Solider will have to deal with for the rest of his life. Then you have the complications of Captain America's shield and the Super Solider Program. In some ways it was Good, in other ways some test subjects were tortured during the program. It explores how Steve Rogers was more of an exception to the deadly and dangerous Super Solider Serum effects it can have on the average person. Then you have a Terrorist in the show who you will both understand why they have chosen violence, but also understand that killing people isn't the right solution despite the fact that you have a good point of why you're doing it. There's also another great scene when The Falcon an Avenger tries to get a loan. The Avengers may have saved world, but in real life day to day situations, they can be treated just like anybody else. Great back and forth scene.

Wandavision was so innovative, I have to keep it in the #1 spot, but the Falcon and the Winter Solider is definitely a close second. Great Show.

Reactions: Lakerone
It was a bit of a mess. I enjoyed the Madripoor episode but the rest were disjointed by what I assume were reshoots and changes to the storyline. There were some cool scenes but also some really cringe ones. I like both the characters of Sam and Bucky so I firmly believe in the hands of more competent writers and directors this could have been a much better series.

It was a bit of a mess. I enjoyed the Madripoor episode but the rest were disjointed by what I assume were reshoots and changes to the storyline. There were some cool scenes but also some really cringe ones. I like both the characters of Sam and Bucky so I firmly believe in the hands of more competent writers and directors this could have been a much better series.

Best moment :D

Marvel Studios Dancing GIF by Disney+

i see in that article from forbes it says

All four of the new releases should be available for pre-order in the US from March 12.

so thats this tuesday for pre-order if info is correct
hopefully see some links before that :happy:

basil :thumbs:

Only retailer that live so far is Disney Movie Club
Other USA retailers will go live at some stage later today or over next few days

Disney Movie Club is beating the retail price for their VIP members. I've gone ahead and ordered some, and even with the GB fee, can pass along considerable savings to members here. Hopefully this helps a few of you.
That's awesome, even with shipping this should be cheaper, and most of all you pack better than Amazon, so thank you, I grabbed two of each!
Will you be able to do the same for Moon Knight?

Reactions: Steely-Booked
That's awesome, even with shipping this should be cheaper, and most of all you pack better than Amazon, so thank you, I grabbed two of each!
Will you be able to do the same for Moon Knight?

I can - honestly I didn’t think there would be much interest