The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
It's took me from Thurs night until now to get my head around our performance against Liverpool....shocking is an understatement.
Anyway...what a week ahead....West Ham today in the cup,Liverpool next Thurs again,a match I will be at and then City next Sun.....going on last weeks showing,am I confident we can get anything out of those games?not really but I live in hope......and part of being hopeful is that waste of space,useless baboon of a manager is gone come the summer.

Aww i know it's not been a good season for either of us, out of CL and two days later FA cup, hopefully we shall both get new better managers and players next season.

Reactions: EdNorton
Aww i know it's not been a good season for either of us, out of CL and two days later FA cup, hopefully we shall both get new better managers and players next season.

Things can only improve Flash.....they can't get much worse that's for sure.....we managed to get an equaliser yesterday and we showed signs of improvement but consistency is a real problem for us so we'll see what we are like on Thursday against Liverpool,it needs to go up a notch or two yet.

The atmosphere will be great no doubt and if we do manage to turn this around then we will be looking at one of our greatest nights at Old Trafford in Europe......fingers crossed.

Reactions: Flash
Things can only improve Flash.....they can't get much worse that's for sure.....we managed to get an equaliser yesterday and we showed signs of improvement but consistency is a real problem for us so we'll see what we are like on Thursday against Liverpool,it needs to go up a notch or two yet.

The atmosphere will be great no doubt and if we do manage to turn this around then we will be looking at one of our greatest nights at Old Trafford in Europe......fingers crossed.

Aww come on, I don't know about greatest night?

The greatest night was the treble winning season that CL final was epic and I say that as a Chelsea fan :)

Aww come on, I don't know about greatest night?

The greatest night was the treble winning season that CL final was epic and I say that as a Chelsea fan :)

Greatest night at Old Trafford Flash...at the ground itself.....that Champions League win was unbelievable I know,it'll maybe never be bettered in the clubs history but that was at the Camp Nou in Barcelona....I'm specifically talking about great nights in Europe at home.....this is our biggest rivals and we are 2-0 down....so yes,if we manage to go through then I would class it as one of our best night's at home.

Greatest night at Old Trafford Flash...at the ground itself.....that Champions League win was unbelievable I know,it'll maybe never be bettered in the clubs history but that was at the Camp Nou in Barcelona....I'm specifically talking about great nights in Europe at home.....this is our biggest rivals and we are 2-0 down....so yes,if we manage to go through then I would class it as one of our best night's at home.

I suppose but do you think it's possible overcoming 2-0 to as you say your biggest rivals?

I suppose but do you think it's possible overcoming 2-0 to as you say your biggest rivals?

It's possible.....but realistically we need three without reply,sounds a tall order really but who knows,we win 2-0 and then extra time and pens and my nerves will be shot.....it's going to be tough keeping them out,if they score then it's over but I'll stay positive and see how the game pans out.

The passion and joy shown by Diego Simeone makes football even more enjoyable than ever. Yesterdays matches lacked goals and excitement. Todays matches will probably be more cracking because of the teams playing and the fact that 3 of the 4 are past champions and leaders in their respective leagues

The passion and joy shown by Diego Simeone makes football even more enjoyable than ever. Yesterdays matches lacked goals and excitement. Todays matches will probably be more cracking because of the teams playing and the fact that 3 of the 4 are past champions and leaders in their respective leagues

I do like Simone,he is a very good manager and I agree,his passion on the sideline is great with him marching up and down and kicking every ball....he puts LvG to shame.....then again.....who doesn't? I show more passion in front of the TV than our manager shows on the touchline at games.

Reactions: frankfish44
Disappointing game there between Liverpool and Utd I think the first game result was too much.

Good on the people who continued to cheer and the wee man shown on TV still waving his flag at like 88 mins its nice to see people continue to cheer so often when your team is losing they leave or even boo

I thought it was interesting it was Giggs that was on the touchline directing them and LVG just sat there looking miserable and then he trudged off and it was Giggs shaking Klopps hand. It's hard to see someone who really cares for Utd and LVG who just looked defeated and unfussed. I believe had they left Giggs in charge I have a feeling things would be different.

I also agree with Scholes far too many decent players were just let go far and they were far better players than some of the people playing for Utd now

I'm sorry @EdNorton *hug* we can all just commiserate being out of Europe all together :(

Disappointing game there between Liverpool and Utd I think the first game result was too much.

Good on the people who continued to cheer and the wee man shown on TV still waving his flag at like 88 mins its nice to see people continue to cheer so often when your team is losing they leave or even boo

I thought it was interesting it was Giggs that was on the touchline directing them and LVG just sat there looking miserable and then he trudged off and it was Giggs shaking Klopps hand. It's hard to see someone who really cares for Utd and LVG who just looked defeated and unfussed. I believe had they left Giggs in charge I have a feeling things would be different.

I also agree with Scholes far too many decent players were just let go far and they were far better players than some of the people playing for Utd now

I'm sorry @EdNorton *hug* we can all just commiserate being out of Europe all together :(

Thanx Flash....your right,the first leg and not scoring was costly...once they scored right on half time killed us.

The fact that LvG shows any lack of passion does not help the man....how can he say he can't influence a game from the sideline???just stay at home then please Louis.

I always stay to the end,it's one thing that annoys me about our home support,the fact that so many can leave up to ten mins from the end just to escape traffic....we sung non-stop for about the last ten mins or so in support of our club....my throat still hasn't recovered.

Scholes gets a bit of stick for his comments from some fans but I agree,he says how he see's it,he calls it as a fan first and foremost and at least he is not afraid to say what is wrong....which is a lot!

Is today the end of a terrible week or a bit of a pick me up?
We need to beat City but how we are even in with a shout of the top four shows how poor the league is.

Roll on next season Flash.:)

Great result for us against City on Sunday.....Rashford does it again!....great for a local lad too.
We really need to push on now to finish in the top four although we'll probably lose at home to Everton next time out......damn internationals this week so a weekend wasted if you ask me but at least it gives us another bit of time to get a couple of players back from injury.

Anyway.....We beat City 1-0...Ohh.....did I mention that already?...whoops.:LOL:
Manchester is RED.

I finally got this tagging thing @Flash thanks to @nefilim .:thumbs:

Reactions: Flash and nefilim
this may be my one and only footy post. as I do not know anything about who's who and teams and such. but here we go :

Manic Street Preachers record Euro 2016 theme song for Wales football team

more here.

:whistle:

Reactions: EdNorton and Flash
Football is out of your comfort zone @nefilim but I know music ain't.

Thanks for the info,I like the Manics but have a mate who loves them so I passed that on to him.

it in deed is. BUT I always watch world cup finals. I do enjoy the exitment and good footy they offer. love to see all the emotions of the players in good and bad. :rofl: (mean : anger, pain, happiness etc...). And watching refere work too its cool, mistakes and all.

plus I everytime come up with favorite of mine. last time it was Germany, and see how it came out :thumbs:

so I'll be watching :

286px-UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg.png

it in deed is. BUT I always watch world cup finals. I do enjoy the exitment and good footy they offer. love to see all the emotions of the players in good and bad. :rofl: (mean : anger, pain, happiness etc...). And watching refere work too its cool, mistakes and all.

plus I everytime come up with favorite of mine. last time it was Germany, and see how it came out :thumbs:

so I'll be watching :

286px-UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg.png

I love my football but don't care much for international stuff....even when the likes of Northern Ireland beat Finland.....sorry mate....I had to get that in there.

In saying that,the Euro and World Cup finals are great spectacles and it does break up the gap left from club football so I will be watching that myself....with one or two beer.

Great to see real football back....I've missed it.

Easy win for your team @Flash I'm looking forward to some good games on the box....Liverpool v Spurs later followed by El Clasico....always a great watch.

And tomorrow leaders Leicester v Southhampton and of course Utd v Everton where Sir Bobby Charlton is having the south stand named in his honour....club legend.

Delighted with the win but yet another slow boring performance....not what we really wanted to see on Sir Bobby's big day but what we expected really.

Great tribute to SBC.

On another note....seem's like Leicester may just do it....unbelievable but great to see.

Good first Merseyside derby for Klopp 4-0 win

Everton are so poor(I hope that statement doesn't come back to bite me)Martinez's sides can't defend to save themselves....John Stones has went backwards.

Klopp is having a great influence,just as expected I guess....more reason for us to get rid of our manager come the summer or else we are really going to fall behind.