Mondo The Fountain - OST by Clint Mansell (colored vinyl)

oceanicon

BANNED
May 18, 2014
Poland
Release: October at MondoCon / November 2, 2016 online
Purchase: Mondo
Price: 25 USD

Note: Debut at MondoCon with a special release of 500 copies, Web exclusive pressing on 180 Gram Xibalba Vinyl (Gold and Yellow Swirl with Black & White and Amber Splatter). Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson. Featuring liner notes and interview with Clint Mansell, Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson

The-Fountain-art-by-Nicole-Gustafsson-1.jpeg
Fountain_Disc_1024x1024.jpg

A longtime collaborator with filmmaker Darren Aronofsky, Clint Mansell has produced some of the century’s most iconic scores for movies like Aronfsky’s Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, The Wrestler and Duncan Jones’ Moon. The score for The Fountain is an absolute modern day masterpiece.

The score is the result of a composer firing on all cylinders, collaborating with both the Kronos Quartet and Scottish post rock band Mogwai. It’s assured, mournful, desolate, yet strikingly beautiful and offers a real warmth and depth not many composers can achieve. The penultimate track “Death is the Road to Awe” displays just how well The Kronos Quartet and Mogwai work together under the watchful eye of Mansell. It’s a staggering piece of chamber music ramped up due to the power of Mogwai that is as intense as it is spectacular. When it finally dissipates after its 9-minute runtime, there is no doubt that Mansell has earned his right to sit next to masters such as Ennio Morricone, Bernard Herrmann and Phillip Glass.

The score for The Fountain was remastered for vinyl at AIR Studios London and features all new liner notes and an interview with composer Clint Mansell. The collectible packaging features mind meltingly gorgeous artwork from Nicole Gustafsson.

“The Fountain” Tracklist

01. The Last Man
02. Holy Dread!
03. Tree Of Life
04. Stay With Me
05. Death Is A Disease
06. Xibalba
07. First Snow
08. Finish It
09. Death Is The Road To Awe
10. Together We Will Live Forever

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it was first sold at the screening (250 seats) and the rest at the booth. It was 1 per customer and sold out yesterday.

But it's just this color variant. Mondo will do another run available for everybody online after MondoCon and it's surely equally beautiful.
To me personally, I'm also fine with "just" a regular black. I'm just happy to get all OSTs by Clint Mansell on Vinyl :)

Not my pictures:

vDBk1yP.jpg
VaIFPfo.jpg

qbJBiFm.jpg
JhJkhNc.jpg

yN1vI6B.jpg
zb42zn7.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Just subbing to this thread for notification, obsessed with Clint's work and it would be incredible to finally get this on vinyl after hearing what feels like forever ago, that something was happening. I'd appreciate it if you could tag me upon release or the confirmed release date, thanks!

Reactions: dan8885
Just subbing to this thread for notification, obsessed with Clint's work and it would be incredible to finally get this on vinyl after hearing what feels like forever ago, that something was happening. I'd appreciate it if you could tag me upon release or the confirmed release date, thanks!

Welcome to HDN :thumbs: Hope you'll stay with us also after the vinyl release ;) Great folk here and the vinyl section needs more passionate collectors!
I'll definitely tag you mate :thumbs: I'm also really excited for this release. Clint Mansell is one of my top 3 favorite composers. I try to collect all of his work on vinyl.
Mondo will also release his OST for Noah btw.

On sale WED at NOON

MONDO
The Fountain - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP. Composed by Clint Mansell. Performed by Kronos Quartet and Mogwai. Web exclusive pressing on 180 Gram Xibalba Vinyl (Gold and Yellow Swirl with Black & White and Amber Splatter). Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson. Featuring liner notes and interview with Clint Mansell. $25

A longtime collaborator with filmmaker Darren Aronofsky, Clint Mansell has produced some of the century’s most iconic scores for movies like Aronfsky’s Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, The Wrestler and Duncan Jones’ Moon. The score for The Fountain is an absolute modern day masterpiece.

The score is the result of a composer firing on all cylinders, collaborating with both the Kronos Quartet and Scottish post rock band Mogwai. It’s assured, mournful, desolate, yet strikingly beautiful and offers a real warmth and depth not many composers can achieve. The penultimate track “Death is the Road to Awe” displays just how well The Kronos Quartet and Mogwai work together under the watchful eye of Mansell. It’s a staggering piece of chamber music ramped up due to the power of Mogwai that is as intense as it is spectacular. When it finally dissipates after its 9-minute runtime, there is no doubt that Mansell has earned his right to sit next to masters such as Ennio Morricone, Bernard Herrmann and Phillip Glass.

The score for The Fountain was remastered for vinyl at AIR Studios London and features all new liner notes and an interview with composer Clint Mansell. The collectible packaging features mind meltingly gorgeous artwork from Nicole Gustafsson.

Fountain_Disc_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
shut-up-and-take-my-money-22-photos-22.jpg

I seriously hope this release isn't too too limited. I really want one. I'm tempted to buy two. One to open, one unopen.

Updated: Scored two of these. Definitely opening one and saving the other. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Ordered mine thank you. Postage nearly as much as the vinyl- crazy. First time in a while I've splashed out this kind of money. Dare I say it this version looks even better than the limited screening one...feel bad for the people paying crazy money on eBay and more so for the sellers. Can't wait to give this its first spin (waited years)!!

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885