Mondo The Fountain - OST by Clint Mansell (colored vinyl)

oceanicon

BANNED
May 18, 2014
Poland
Release: October at MondoCon / November 2, 2016 online
Purchase: Mondo
Price: 25 USD

Note: Debut at MondoCon with a special release of 500 copies, Web exclusive pressing on 180 Gram Xibalba Vinyl (Gold and Yellow Swirl with Black & White and Amber Splatter). Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson. Featuring liner notes and interview with Clint Mansell, Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson

The-Fountain-art-by-Nicole-Gustafsson-1.jpeg
Fountain_Disc_1024x1024.jpg

A longtime collaborator with filmmaker Darren Aronofsky, Clint Mansell has produced some of the century’s most iconic scores for movies like Aronfsky’s Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, The Wrestler and Duncan Jones’ Moon. The score for The Fountain is an absolute modern day masterpiece.

The score is the result of a composer firing on all cylinders, collaborating with both the Kronos Quartet and Scottish post rock band Mogwai. It’s assured, mournful, desolate, yet strikingly beautiful and offers a real warmth and depth not many composers can achieve. The penultimate track “Death is the Road to Awe” displays just how well The Kronos Quartet and Mogwai work together under the watchful eye of Mansell. It’s a staggering piece of chamber music ramped up due to the power of Mogwai that is as intense as it is spectacular. When it finally dissipates after its 9-minute runtime, there is no doubt that Mansell has earned his right to sit next to masters such as Ennio Morricone, Bernard Herrmann and Phillip Glass.

The score for The Fountain was remastered for vinyl at AIR Studios London and features all new liner notes and an interview with composer Clint Mansell. The collectible packaging features mind meltingly gorgeous artwork from Nicole Gustafsson.

“The Fountain” Tracklist

01. The Last Man
02. Holy Dread!
03. Tree Of Life
04. Stay With Me
05. Death Is A Disease
06. Xibalba
07. First Snow
08. Finish It
09. Death Is The Road To Awe
10. Together We Will Live Forever

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today. No way to tell any difference between the two releases without opening them. No special sticker or anything.
Anyone know the print run on this second release?

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Mine came in on Saturday! unfortunately I was away and didn't have time to give it a listen yet, However I do have a question for some of the more able/high tech members of this community, since this has technically been re-mastered (assuming to make it sound even more phenomenal than it already is..) for its Vinyl debut, does anyone here have the capabilities of Ripping Vinyl to 320 kbps MP3 files? Mondo isn't known for giving Digital Download codes with their releases and I was hoping that I could replace the MP3s I have from my CD release on my Ipod with this new re-mastered version for those times I am on the go and want to listen to this. Any Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

• Thanks
Congrats to all who received theirs. Maybe someone can do some shots and post it :)

I passed on it last minute because an awesome ninja contacted me and offered me the MondoCon exclusive for cost. I'm still over the moon for this and super grateful! Will post pictures when I received it..

Mine arrived today. No way to tell any difference between the two releases without opening them. No special sticker or anything.
Anyone know the print run on this second release?

Mondo rarely release print run numbers on vinyl only if they are around the 500. But since it's sold out I would guess around 1000-1500.

Mine came in on Saturday! unfortunately I was away and didn't have time to give it a listen yet, However I do have a question for some of the more able/high tech members of this community, since this has technically been re-mastered (assuming to make it sound even more phenomenal than it already is..) for its Vinyl debut, does anyone here have the capabilities of Ripping Vinyl to 320 kbps MP3 files? Mondo isn't known for giving Digital Download codes with their releases and I was hoping that I could replace the MP3s I have from my CD release on my Ipod with this new re-mastered version for those times I am on the go and want to listen to this. Any Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I can't do such things. Someone who got a TT with USB port could do that. But I don't got one...

thanks for the Info, hopefully someone who is capable, has a similar concern and the time to do so can come through on this.

If I'm not mistaken I think there are record shops/companies who offer such service sometimes. Maybe it's worth a shot to ask your local record shop if they got an idea or can help you out.

got my copy today and must say I'm totally dissapointed :( a lot of surface noise + clicks/pops on nearly every track on both sides. sounds like old vinyl from 70's from the flea market, not the premium release from Mondo

and looks like I'm not the only one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/5c3ycn/mondos_the_fountain_how_does_your_copy_sound/

how your copies guys?

PS this variant is beautiful...

You're right....had some noise, not too bad. But the overall volume was very low....really had to pump my system up just to hear at a regular listening level. Not the greatest quality. Beautiful vinyl tho

got my copy today and must say I'm totally dissapointed :( a lot of surface noise + clicks/pops on nearly every track on both sides. sounds like old vinyl from 70's from the flea market, not the premium release from Mondo

and looks like I'm not the only one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/5c3ycn/mondos_the_fountain_how_does_your_copy_sound/

how your copies guys?

PS this variant is beautiful...

That's what can happen with colored vinyl. It's catchy for the eye but not a audiophile record...

I recommend also a good clean with a record cleaner. Nowadays new records are very dirty from the pressing plants.
Dirt sits in the grooves and give you also those surface noises.

A good and affordable record cleaner is the german one called Knosti

knosti_diso-antistat.jpeg

thanks guys, I know what surface noise is :))
unfortunately a lot of records these days, including the black ones, sound very very bad

Mondo will send me a replacement, maybe the second copy will be ok

• Thanks
I own this record as well and it has all the sound issues stated above, cleaning made no difference. I hear the mondocon limited press did not have any issues. My goal is to one day flip my copy to put towards a mondocon version. Still a beautiful piece of artwork though.

I own this record as well and it has all the sound issues stated above, cleaning made no difference. I hear the mondocon limited press did not have any issues. My goal is to one day flip my copy to put towards a mondocon version. Still a beautiful piece of artwork though.

I can confirm that. At least for my copy. I got the MondoCon release and I don't hear any surface noise or clicks/pops through the record. But I also gave it a wash before I spin it the first time.

• Thanks
Reactions: RJ MacReady