The Guest (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2013
West Sussex, UK
Purchase: Zavvi (live now!)
Release: December 29,2014
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi exclusive

TheGuest_BD_steelbook_3D.JPG

I know nothing *official* has been said but I tweeted Icon today and this was the response:

https://twitter.com/LGrima/status/525292369399541760

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed this film for about 3/4's of its length, until (SPOILER ALERT!) the undercooked, hokey reveal that "David is really a former test subject for a military health program; his mental condition has been "programmed" to, if he believes his identity compromised, kill everyone who could possibly know about it". Turning him into a Jason Bourne knock off cheapened the film. It worked much better as a suspenseful thriller.

Great price - got the Midnight Deals email, it's £8.99 at Zavvi.com. I've been meaning to buy this for a while now, wonder if there's any active codes was thinking on The X-Files boxset aswell. ;)

Might pick this up for that price.
Not seen the film but hear good things

Oh so close, I had this in my basket, with the ZVC5 code applied and still couldn't pull the trigger....I think 'cos I've already seen it and its on netfilx, I feel it's an unnecessary purchase, dam it , digital streaming is starting to effect my physical purchasing decisions more and more....:cautious:

....or it could be because zavvi being zavvi, will still drop the price, I've seen steels for £3.99, at that price I might, just might cave in..;)

I look at it like this ... its a great price for an "eccentric" movie especially if you havent seen it. However if you have seen it and aren't really tempted yet ... like @Mr Y Fronts mentioned then surely one of these days some other retailer will make one that looks nicer. Perhaps then will be the time. (granted at a much higher price)

Reactions: Flloydo
Oh so close, I had this in my basket, with the ZVC5 code applied and still couldn't pull the trigger....I think 'cos I've already seen it and its on netfilx, I feel it's an unnecessary purchase, dam it , digital streaming is starting to effect my physical purchasing decisions more and more....:cautious:

....or it could be because zavvi being zavvi, will still drop the price, I've seen steels for £3.99, at that price I might, just might cave in..;)

Lol when I posted before I did think this might go to £3.99
Might wait it out

Holding out hope that Mondo take a crack at The Guest for their steelbook line - figure it's possible since they've already released the score on vinyl.

Holding out hope that Mondo take a crack at The Guest for their steelbook line - figure it's possible since they've already released the score on vinyl.

Since Capelight in Germany is on board I think we'll see these one day ... The Babadook , A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, and perhaps Attack the Block since Stout already has artwork done and John Boyega's star is shining brighter.

But The Guest would be a good fit for them. So far tho with the line going after pretty much all blockbusters of some magnitude tho. But I'm sure it'll change soon.