The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Ext. Edition) (3D+2D Jumbo Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 11th, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com

Notes: 5 discs
Features a 13-Minute Longer Cut and 
 Nearly Nine Hours of New Special Features

91Un7PuTkdL._SL1500_.jpg

91ESZk0KjnL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:

My guess is they got hammered for announcing it with German and not having it. a lot of people got it because 1)german regular release price was insane and 2)they had not steelbook release there. And to NOT have it on either 3D and 2D... welll. Wasn't there a ninja a couple of pages back saying exactly that? There you go!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time I've ever seen a Jumbo Steelbook, my cousin bought one, and I really struggled to not tell him how much I hated it. It's pretty damn ugly in my opinion, the middle bits plastic if I remember right!? I wasn't impressed. The disc holders were awkward and clumsy too, so I'm glad I never ordered one.

This is the first time I've ever seen a Jumbo Steelbook, my cousin bought one, and I really struggled to not tell him how much I hated it. It's pretty damn ugly in my opinion, the middle bits plastic if I remember right!? I wasn't impressed. The disc holders were awkward and clumsy too, so I'm glad I never ordered one.

I don't mind jumbos, but I agree with you that the disk holders are not very good. They tend to get wedged into the covers making them difficult to move.

Popped to hmv to get this today (finally caved) and they had none left. Thought id ask anyway and they had no extended blu's at all, apparently theres issues with the manufacturers. Just wonderin if any1 here had noticed many in their local hmv lately? Kinda hoping they get more in cos i was only gettin it due to hmvs price!

Was disappointed to see a jumbo steelbook when I opened my box from Amazon UK today...I've never seen one in person, was expecting a G2...not only that...but the middle of it's spine has jumbo sized scatch/cut...similar to the one I have on my Zavvi Jungle Book...smh...getting a refund I suppose...I dunno...disappointed...

Glad I managed to pick up the regular amaray extended version in amazons lightning deal this morning. I can't get on with the idea of jumbo steelbooks, even though I do like the back of this.

Reactions: jonnie123
This seams to be sold out almost everywhere but you can still get it for £24.99 on base.com which is cheapest i can find it!!!

I kind of wish i bought this now. I just bought a 3D blu-ray player and glasses for my TV and it is surprisingly good.