The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [US]

May 30, 2014
Release date: March 24, 2015
Price: $24.99 (pre-order special $19.99)
Purchase link: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Notes: Matte finish, 3-discs edition

hobbit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine in the mail, wasn't expecting it to come in this early. All together a nice steelbook. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure...View attachment 148810 View attachment 148811 View attachment 148812 View attachment 148813 View attachment 148814 View attachment 148815 View attachment 148816

Thanks for the great pics and for actually opening it. Looks great/clean for a streaky matte finish. I really dig it.

Won't go too overboard on this one, just hoping to find a couple of mint copies.

Reactions: elektrickblue
giving it another shot on bluray because of the trilogy steelbook. genius! for taking my money hahaha

Ok, so as I was on the way to BB, a bunch of cancelation emails started popping up. They cancelled about half of my pre orders due to not enough stock.

There was only 1 single copy on the shelf and I snatched it up right as @Agent_DVD 's gaze settled upon it. We met up to combine forces and do a tag team, but sadly the store just did not have many copies.

They had two unbrokens on the shelf, that's it.

To add insult to injury, it seems that this print run was plauged with a plethora of Knicks, scratches, and mis aligned spine syndrome.

Did anyone else observe these flaws?

Anyway, I managed to grab the 2 copies I personally needed, but they are not mint. And honestly, the odds of finding a mint copy NOW, even finding a copy period seems unlikely which sucks as I needed one for a buddy

Did anyone else get their pre orders cancelled for in store pick up? (It was due to low stock, which is shocking given that this would sell great at a large print run...

Surprisingly both my copies were there waiting for me and I placed the orders late yesterday. The store had NO copies left when I got there about 6:30 tonight. A guy saw me walking out with mine and I could tell he was totally jelly.

I think Best Buy under ordered on this one because they still have the 3D steelbooks from the first Hobbit movie warming shelves in many stores.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Surprisingly both my copies were there waiting for me and I placed the orders late yesterday. The store had NO copies left when I got there about 6:30 tonight. A guy saw me walking out with mine and I could tell he was totally jelly.

I think Best Buy under ordered on this one because they still have the 3D steelbooks from the first Hobbit movie warming shelves in many stores.

Very true, tons of Hobbit Journey steels...damaged, plauged with imperfections are sitting on BB shelves all across America.

I want one, I need one, but I will not bring myself to buy a damaged copy.

I actually did buy a copy way back when, but returned it due to scratches all over.

NOW, this steel has better artwork, but has the same crappy production quality as the first, and I noticed tons of flaw.

I actually want to open copy tonight to eat h the film, but am holding out due to an unrealistic hope that I will find a better looking copy....

Went to the store around open, and they had a bunch of these there, plus the trilogy.
This one looked nice, so I picked it up.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy