The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - In theaters December 17, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
With Martin Freeman, Ian McKelen, Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving and much much more...

Trailer:

20110601_the_hobbit.jpg hobbittitle.jpg The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg

Attachments

• The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg
    The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 11,146
Last edited:
@Basil

:rofl: :rofl:

I maintain a Bounty pack should consist of a Sack Barrow , Stright Jacket and a Hannibal The Canibal face mask . Then you can wheel 'em out and free 'em when you want.

We diden't take them untill they would stay still and quiet.

This is a perfect set up for the end of the tale :sick:. Billy Boyd doing the end song was a superb tie in with both of the Trilogies :notworthy: .
The fact that War In The North video game was woven in a little was another nice touch.

Sad because in a way you knew who was lost before you go in :cry: :cry:.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I watched the marathon yesterday, and I thought the last film is amazing. It didn't feel lacking in any way, shape, or form. Probably the best acted film of the series. The opening sequence didn't run too long. Those fight sequences on top of the waterfall were incredible. I will definitely be going back to see this a couple more times.

I've seen it twice now and did enjoy it.
I think they went a bit over the top in these films with armor and weapons sticking out of Orc body parts. I mean there was a freaking troll or something with peg leg weapons, I mean the weight of the creature taking a step would drive the peg further into its body.

Loved the fight scene when Galadriel, Elrond, and Sauruman and the Nine. Some people I saw it with thought she went too far evil looking but I did not. She b*tchslapped Sauron into Mordor! :D I thought Christopher Lee looked pretty spry for a 92 year old :hilarious:

Over all the movie was enjoyable and was a nice full circle from the first movie with Bilbo telling the story and I enjoyed how they explained that Smaug wasn't the only possible threat but was rather possibly part of a bigger threat should the orcs take over they could get back to the North. :thumbs:

I do see a few scenes that are going to have extended sequences in the extended editions (Bard's son suddenly appearing holding up the Black Arrow, Bjorn fighting, maybe Radagast recruiting the eagles?, and Bilbo getting the chest of gold the dwarves hid in the troll hoard)

Reactions: Scary Hair
Just got back from the theater. The movie was just okay for me. I did not get the same feeling of awe, fear and suspense as watching LOTR. I think it's entertaining enough and good for the people who really enjoyed it. Will still buy the steelbook when it comes out.

Really enjoyable film. Nice nods and tie ins to the LOTR. Now that I can truly evaluate the two trilogies I can honestly say I prefer LOTR but the last two films and this one in particular had a lot of action. The Hobbit is a great trilogy and only extends the viewers journey in Middle Earth.

Now I just have to wait for the extended edition and binge watch them as one 18 hour movie.

I thought the IMAX 3d was a let down to be honest, it was a good movie but I perhaps wrongly had an expectation of IMAX scenes which there weren't. 3d added nothing in this film. Don't pay the extra if you ask me...

I thought the IMAX 3d was a let down to be honest, it was a good movie but I perhaps wrongly had an expectation of IMAX scenes which there weren't. 3d added nothing in this film. Don't pay the extra if you ask me...

I respectfully disagree but to be completely honest I couldn't care less for 3D, but I go to IMAX for the amazing sound, curved screen, and in my theatre the IMAX has better seats. It is about the experience as well as the movie for me and thus in my opinion well worth it.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I respectfully disagree but to be completely honest I couldn't care less for 3D, but I go to IMAX for the amazing sound, curved screen, and in my theatre the IMAX has better seats. It is about the experience as well as the movie for me and thus in my opinion well worth it.

It cost me £21/$30 for the IMAX ticket.

Having sat in movies in IMAX such as Avatar, MI:4, Batman movies, Interstellar etc, the experience was not on a par or even close I felt to these movies - as I say, it may well be that I thought going in that this was a movie shot with IMAX cameras, so was let down when the movie didn't engulf the whole screen.

That for me plays a huge role when specifically going to an IMAX theatre and paying the additional price.

The curved screen, sound etc is good, but the IMAX picture remains the main draw for me, which justifies the premium price.

I didn't really enjoy the movie... these battle scenes with all the CGI-stuff don't come anywhere close to LOTR. And there was a lack of emotion if you ask me... I cry every time when I watch ROTK, but this? Naah... Overall part 3 was a huge letdown for me, especially because I liked part 2 very much.