Release date: April 7th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10919321-1392808199-221750.jpg

Actual pictures, thanks to ricster:
UK - The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

kQL8qyM.jpg

kP9869b.jpg

mUAetCb.jpg

MWBpyji.jpg

DbT2dfg.jpg

b6plmls.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

wHCLeQL.jpg

ePN01PZ.jpg

q8M6nn6.jpg

EmfkIF8.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

PHedins.jpg

SqjWRQX.jpg

TCjJ5kh.jpg

0orf8VF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just looking at the Amaray design I might not be too far off with that 3D logo. I like the way the D takes out part of Legolas' head.

10884843-1386955015-21087.jpg

I just want it to be (2d only) so that it goes with An unexpected Jouney. Fingers Cross It aint got the 3d. Hidefninja have no proof of it being that amazon will inform us.

That's my worry too.

I really hate Warner's insistence at putting 3D on the artwork when it could be (and actually is) on the J-card.

Yes Warner, we get it! It doesn't need to appear on the J-card front, the artwork, the spine (twice) and the back.

Reactions: Ataneruo
Not strange at all, how long does a film really have to be?! All a money making exercise. If its worthwhile put it in the cut at the cinema
i don't see the problem? i don't care how long a film is if it's good extra footage then who cares,people crave for lots of extra's etc and i seem extended films the same. "all money making exercise" boo hoo,you don't have to buy from them. and there a business,what do you want them to do,give stuff out for free? no. there in it to make money and you don't have to buy anything from them.

You loved the film but you dont want it to be 20 mins longer of awesomeness? Strange fella :thumbs: nah each to there own i spose. I will be waiting for the trilogy extended edition boxset. Just like a book to match lotr pls

I did love it but it was so long. Whatever they are going to add can't be too important. I doubt i'd be able to watch the film if it was much longer.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [UK] [Blu-ray Steelbook]

Oops, looks like I was beaten to it :)

Please delete

Reactions: Konflick