Release date: April 7th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10919321-1392808199-221750.jpg

Actual pictures, thanks to ricster:
UK - The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

kQL8qyM.jpg

kP9869b.jpg

mUAetCb.jpg

MWBpyji.jpg

DbT2dfg.jpg

b6plmls.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

wHCLeQL.jpg

ePN01PZ.jpg

q8M6nn6.jpg

EmfkIF8.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

PHedins.jpg

SqjWRQX.jpg

TCjJ5kh.jpg

0orf8VF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt get to see this when it was in the cinemas so I cant wait to pick this up and im glad the 3D disc is with this one as im still yet to pick up the 3D disc on the first film

There's no fooling being done. This franchise has always done same practice for each movie release.
Movie at cinema in December dvd release in April, extended edition in November which leads into new movie in December. No hiding anything there. It has always been that way

Reactions: Ataneruo
Ehhhh, I only intend to own the Extended Edition, and considering how terrible the EE steels were for Unexpected Journey, I passed altogether and went with the standard slipbox (which is still the nicest available packaging IMO).

That said, as many have already said, there will surely be an Extended Edition box set (non-steel) of all three ala LOTR that will ultimately be my format of choice, so the smart move is to avoid/ignore these individual releases altogether. :)

I got all the LOTR steel and the first hobbit without extended so I guess I will get this one to. Lol Maybe there will be a 6 movie box set with all extended editions I can get when the last movie is released. :D

I understand no Bilbo on the cover since Peter Jackson ignored the true protagonist in this story, but Gandalf?! Didn't get that much screentime in this sequel. Hope it's temporary 'art'.:ohno:

Reactions: lolwut and ben6212