The Hunger Games (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA/Canada]

The benefit for this movie being released in steelbook - it's the only way I would make this purchase. Wasn't too much of a fan of the movie, it get's an OK in my book. But released in steelbook - it get's added to my collection. Regular blu-ray, I will walk right by it at the stores.

Based on the high price I would guess this is some form of collector's set, but we'll have to wait and see

I agree with FOG on this as well. The price is a little too high for it be a steelbook. Although it would be nice to get something since we got screwed out of John Carter and Act of Valor.

why would this surprise you??? It's a HUGE title and we now have a Steelbook factory up & running here in the states... It would surprise me if it WASN'T released as a steel here. It would be a TOTAL missed opportunity...along with Avengers, Jaws & E.T this title NEEDS a U.S steelbook release. I just hope we get BOTH versions like Future Shop :D

My surprise would be based on who is distributing this title. Lionsgate is the distributor. I thinking back at all the other U.S. releases of steelbooks and I dont remember a steelbook release from Lionsgate.

It is not like I am not hoping for it to be released here but the odds of it happening, giving our past steelbook releases, would prove that it is not likely to happen. And just because it is a huge title does not mean it will be released here in the U.S.

My surprise would be based on who is distributing this title. Lionsgate is the distributor. I thinking back at all the other U.S. releases of steelbooks and I dont remember a steelbook release from Lionsgate.

It is not like I am not hoping for it to be released here but the odds of it happening, giving our past steelbook releases, would prove that it is not likely to happen. And just because it is a huge title does not mean it will be released here in the U.S.

Correct, I would agree with what you have stated above.

I even looked up DVD steelbooks and couldn't find one from Lionsgate.

I found some discussion that goes back as far as 2009 on another forum, where members were talking about Lionsgate not releasing DVDs in steelbook.

Chances seem slim to me - and given how most steelbooks have a lower price point out of the gate, it seems more likely this is a collector's set and not a steelbook.

Not to say it could come out via another retailer. But we should let Wreck weigh in and see if the people in the know can tell us anything.

Actually, this could be them "coming on board". I do know that late last year Lionsgate was trying to make a BD steelbook for another title but in the end it fell through as no USA retailer would take it on. The title bombed at box office, where as this title did insanely awesome ... so I wouldnt say that hope is lost for Lionsgate in regards to steels in the USA. A lot of Alliance titles in Canada are Lionsgate in USA ; it could happen, but I guess they couldnt keep that little Alliance logo printed on back of steel like most Alliance titles do.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

but with that high of price, I would assume otherwise.

Actually, this could be them "coming on board". I do know that late last year Lionsgate was trying to make a BD steelbook for another title but in the end it fell through as no USA retailer would take it on. The title bombed at box office, where as this title did insanely awesome ... so I wouldnt say that hope is lost for Lionsgate in regards to steels in the USA. A lot of Alliance titles in Canada are Lionsgate in USA ; it could happen, but I guess they couldnt keep that little Alliance logo printed on back of steel like most Alliance titles do.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

but with that high of price, I would assume otherwise.

This would certainly be good news if they are finally coming on board

I was going to start this the same thread earlier today when I saw this posted on BB but at the $45.00 price it seems unlikely to be a SB as most of them get priced at $35. But there is still about 6 weeks until this releases plenty of time for BB to add a SB version to their site.

I don't recall Sherlock Holmes getting much notice. Honest Wrath of the Titans is pretty much the only title that I can recall we knew about more than a month in advance.

I remember just last month when the Sherlock Holmes GOS steelbook was announced, it didnt state it was a steelbook either at first, but in the end it turned out to be. Now i agree the price is too high for a steelbook, but then again, the prices do go down after a bit. Also, Futureshop (Best Buy's sister canadian store) has a steelbook (released by Alliance) so i guess im just hopeful that this turns out to be the same steelbook (even though Lionsgate would handle the release)...
I just have high hopes...after all, one can dream can he? :D

Reactions: CyberAthlete
True about Sherlock, I hope this is a steelbook as well, as it seems as best buy is really the only place to pick up domestic steelbooks with the rare expection of Target and Wal-mart

District 12 is a Futureshop exclusive, only place you are going to get that artwork!!