The Inglourious Basterds Megathread w/ Customs

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This is the Inglourious Basterds Megathread, its a place for fans of the film to post different editions world-wide. Granted, being a crazy nut about the film it has become more like my personal IB collection. However regardless, if you find something cool about the movie then post it in the thread. :)

IBtext.jpg

Updated Pic: July 24th

DSCF8587.jpg

Different Editions World-Wide: I'll complete later...

Malditos Bastardos "Inglourious Basterds" Spain Collectors Edition

Bastardi Senza Gloria "Inglourious Basterds" Italy Slipcase Special Edition

Inglourious Basterds UK Slip Box Collectors Edition w/ Postcards

Inglourious Basterds Academy Award Gold Version

Inglourious Basterds Academy Award Gold DVD Version

Inglourious Basterds Red & Black Slipcover Editions (USA)

Inglourious Basterds Official Soundtrack

Inglourious Basterds Australia Steelcase

Inglourious Basterds White Slip Cover Edition Canada

Inglourious Basterds Blockbuster Canadian Exclusive

Inglourious Basterds Future Shop Blu-ray Steelbook

Inglourious Basterds German Blu-ray Steelbook

Inglourious Basterds French FNAC Exclusive with Art Cards

Inglorious Bastards Sweden Wooden Box Set - Limited to 500

IB1.jpg

This thread will be updated often ...

Attachments

• IB2.jpg
    IB2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:
This was made by Sete54 ; as you can see its an awesome custom Inglourious Basterds bat that you too can make. He found a little bat at a festival and bought it, you might be able to find one at a hobby store or ebay etc. There is one that comes in the France IB SteelBook Box edition but I have yet to see that bat close up, this one was home made. If someone has the IB Box France set open then please post a pic of that bat close up :)

1.jpg

He took rubbing alcohol and took off the old lettering to make it a plain bat.

2.jpg

Clean bat ...

3.jpg

He wrote Inglourious Basterds on it ...

4.jpg

He then took a razor blade and etched in it ...

5.jpg

Next he used red fingernail polish ....

7.jpg

walah! Pretty sweet!

8.jpg

Close up...

9.jpg

Bat finished, this is a mini bat no bigger than your hand...

That looks great ;)

I've ordered a mini bat off ebay for $10 to try it out on ... though when I say mini bat, I mean mini bat of a real baseball bat. They are about 20 inches long or so. So it'll be much bigger than the one show cased.

I'm sure people would buy this, its a cool piece.

I myself want to fool around with making one, so thats why I bought the mini bat to do so.

As for buying though, wait till you see my large scale bat that comes in. :)

That bat looks real good! I have the french box and the mini bat keyring is tiny, literally 4 inches or so. I will post a pic up when i get chance.

Heres a pic of the mini bat in the french box, it really is tiny. I have put the steelbook next to it to give it some scale!

It's finished!!!

DSCF7628.jpg

DSCF7634.jpg

:D :oohyeah: :D

Wonder if I should paint some red in the logo and make blood splatter ...

The attached thumbnails open up to larger size image. This bad boy will look nice next to my IB Steels and Lt. Aldo Raine Hot Toy ... I'm working on a display for IB :)

Reactions: dirtyoak
I wanted to make the quote underneath "And I Expect My Scalps!"

but thats a Aldo Raine line and not really the Bear Jew ... and even tho "Business Is A-Boomin' is too ... it kind of ties in more since business in that regard was a-boomin' ;p

Last edited:
This just came in, they are a pack of cigarettes used in the movie Inglourious Basterds. :scat: real deal. :)

Attachments

• DSCF7688.JPG
    DSCF7688.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF7689.jpg
    DSCF7689.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: WKRP and dirtyoak
Ok so in an earlier post I mentioned how I also bought a mini bat off of ebay to fool around with in creating my own bigger version of what you saw in the 2nd post.

I forgot to take a pic after it was sanded down ... but here is what I have so far.

DSCF7667.JPG

so it came with a dark wood color paint and gloss like finish and had some emblem in the middle that I didnt need.

So I sanded it all down, and then I beat it up some on some steel grading for realism effects. Then I painted it. I put it next to a normal size magazine so you could get the idea of the size of this thing.

DSCF7712.JPG

In this pic below, you can see I printed out a picture which had the text of the famed "Inglourious Basterds" written on it. I then took a pen (Pencil would have been better most likley) and wrote it on there and began to carve it out. Its carved out now, but I'll post that pic later once I get more done.

DSCF7732.JPG

Reactions: dirtyoak and sete54
Thats looking good so far Wreck, can't wait to see it finished!

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

This just came in, they are a pack of cigarettes used in the movie Inglourious Basterds. :scat: real deal. :)

Thats cool! How did you manage to get hold of them, were they expensive?

Thats looking good so far Wreck, can't wait to see it finished!

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Thats cool! How did you manage to get hold of them, were they expensive?

There's actually one dealer right now who still has IB stuff from the movie, I was able to win an auction for this ... I got really lucky, and think I scored it for around $25-30 (cant remember right now) frickin paper like beer coasters were going for as high $50.

And oh yeah, I smoked one and felt like a true BASTERD! :D

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

You might have noticed, I've decided to collect stuff on IB, Book of Eli and Robin Hood (both Crowe and Costner) so I'm having fun with it all. I dont have much BOE stuff besides the steelbooks. And I'm a sucker for all things De Niro and Pacino.