The Inglourious Basterds Megathread w/ Customs

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This is the Inglourious Basterds Megathread, its a place for fans of the film to post different editions world-wide. Granted, being a crazy nut about the film it has become more like my personal IB collection. However regardless, if you find something cool about the movie then post it in the thread. :)

IBtext.jpg

Updated Pic: July 24th

DSCF8587.jpg

Different Editions World-Wide: I'll complete later...

Malditos Bastardos "Inglourious Basterds" Spain Collectors Edition

Bastardi Senza Gloria "Inglourious Basterds" Italy Slipcase Special Edition

Inglourious Basterds UK Slip Box Collectors Edition w/ Postcards

Inglourious Basterds Academy Award Gold Version

Inglourious Basterds Academy Award Gold DVD Version

Inglourious Basterds Red & Black Slipcover Editions (USA)

Inglourious Basterds Official Soundtrack

Inglourious Basterds Australia Steelcase

Inglourious Basterds White Slip Cover Edition Canada

Inglourious Basterds Blockbuster Canadian Exclusive

Inglourious Basterds Future Shop Blu-ray Steelbook

Inglourious Basterds German Blu-ray Steelbook

Inglourious Basterds French FNAC Exclusive with Art Cards

Inglorious Bastards Sweden Wooden Box Set - Limited to 500

IB1.jpg

This thread will be updated often ...

Attachments

• IB2.jpg
    IB2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 284
Last edited by a moderator:
There's actually one dealer right now who still has IB stuff from the movie, I was able to win an auction for this ... I got really lucky, and think I scored it for around $25-30 (cant remember right now) frickin paper like beer coasters were going for as high $50.

And oh yeah, I smoked one and felt like a true BASTERD! :D

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

You might have noticed, I've decided to collect stuff on IB, Book of Eli and Robin Hood (both Crowe and Costner) so I'm having fun with it all. I dont have much BOE stuff besides the steelbooks. And I'm a sucker for all things De Niro and Pacino.

Sounds like a good price, i had a look a while back and saw some bits going and the prices were insane. $800 for a hip flask and $600 for a dog tag!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

dsc03028e.jpg

My IB Collection, sorry for the mess background. I don't have a lot of free spaces.

Great collection constantine, you have got everything! I have been looking for the AU steelcase for ages!

Yeah I need one too, looks awesome man, you need the spain box tho :) .... and so do I. Its listed as Malditos Bastardos.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

whut are all they from L to R ... I know first is FNAC, what is 2nd? and 6,7? is 6 teh steel case slip and 7 the dvd version?

Still have yet to paint the bat, but here is a pic from the other day. fully carved, though it looks even better now as I made the carvings a bit deeper so it gave it a bit more clarity if that makes sense.

DSCF7733.JPG

Reactions: dirtyoak
Yeah I need one too, looks awesome man, you need the spain box tho :) .... and so do I. Its listed as Malditos Bastardos.

whut are all they from L to R ... I know first is FNAC, what is 2nd? and 6,7? is 6 teh steel case slip and 7 the dvd version?

wow, i never heard they have the spain version, any link to purchase bro ?

2 is from French, 6 from Aussie, and 7 dvd version from German :D

sold out bro, but if you find it anywhere and there is more than one, let me know.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/3277/&highlight=inglourious+basterds pics in that thread.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

There is also this Spain Edition.

2zoj587.jpg

15508xk.jpg

Not a steelbook, but a nice edition.

Then there is this wood box edition.

P1030269.jpg

Its for the old movie though 1978, still awesome though, limited to 500 and from sweden.

P1030359.jpg

P1030338.jpg

I know man, I tried hunting it down but with no luck ... its over a year old, its the dvd version, and only limited to 500 makes it very hard. I'd put other stuff in it and make my own BD custom out of it. ;p

wow... that's an awesome one :drool: i need to add those into my collection, but it seems impossible :( however, i did manage to add another one of inglourious basterds collection, which is the golden AA slipcover LOL (not steelbook) however it is still the basterds that matters to me :D

There are some great IB editions out there! I love that wooden box you posted Wreck but 500 copies is very limited, it must be pretty impossible to get hold of it now.

Last edited:
wow... that's an awesome one :drool: i need to add those into my collection, but it seems impossible :( however, i did manage to add another one of inglourious basterds collection, which is the golden AA slipcover LOL (not steelbook) however it is still the basterds that matters to me :D

What country was that one released? USA?

Awesome Const. I will need to hunt one down.

Ok guys, I got new pics for my bat, I think it could have turned out a lil better but you learn from your mistakes ... maybe I'll make one more ;p

Regardless, I'm still pretty happy with the results.

Here is a pic before the painting, where I had carved it out more.

DSCF7753.JPG

and here is the pic after painting, and another round of carving to see the letters more visibly again.

DSCF7756.JPG

I think it looks good Wreck, nice work! The red definatly makes it look better, how long would you say it took you overall to make it? I would have a go myself but i know that carving must have took a good while and i don't think i would be able to get it as good as yours!

Awesome Const. I will need to hunt one down.

Ok guys, I got new pics for my bat, I think it could have turned out a lil better but you learn from your mistakes ... maybe I'll make one more ;p

Regardless, I'm still pretty happy with the results.

Here is a pic before the painting, where I had carved it out more.

View attachment 1538

and here is the pic after painting, and another round of carving to see the letters more visibly again.

View attachment 1539

it looks awesome, more alive ;)

I think it looks good Wreck, nice work! The red definatly makes it look better, how long would you say it took you overall to make it? I would have a go myself but i know that carving must have took a good while and i don't think i would be able to get it as good as yours!

It actually didnt take near as long as The Buried Box. The carving was def the worst part though.

I was literally holding a knife blade in my hand and trying to use it like a pencil because one wrong move and you'll go past the mark and then you totally ruin the bat some huge long cut or something.

I took those pics at work, when I got home and brought to my movie room and set it with other IB stuff it jus tlooked awesome because at work it was directly under a huge frickin light with those long 4ft bulbs ... in a regular room, the blood and look of it look sooooooo much better. Lighting is everything, which I always fail to remember. The blood is darker and the words stand out more.

Overall Cost:

Bat from ebay: $12
Sand paper: $0 (already had)
Paint & Brush: $10/$0 (already had)
Knife: $0 (already had)
Red finger nail polish: $0 (wife already had)

Time:

Sand bat down: 10-15 minutes
Add stress to bat for realism: 5 minutes
Paint Bat: 15 minutes (let it dry overnight)
Carve Bat: 1 hour (revisited 3 times)
Add Finger nail polish for blood look: 15 minutes