The Jungle Book (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #2) [UK]

Engelskind

Premium Supporter
May 18, 2012
Austria
Release Date: {param} August 12, 2013
Purchase link: The Jungle Book or HERE
Price: £22.99
Notes: Region B/C locked

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More actual Pics (inc Audio+Subtitles): (Thanks to NM)

Hi all,

I can confirm B/C region coding.

Here is my copy:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Welcome screen:

DSC_0012.JPG

Audio:

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Subtitles:

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

Done :)

David

Attachments

• junglebook-zavvi.jpg
    junglebook-zavvi.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 832
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 383
Last edited by a moderator:
It took approximately 1 year to be finally be sold out
But you will still see this listed as available to buy from third party sellers on other websites and I would not be surprised if zavvioutlet have it on the odd occasion

This was officially originally a sold out release but they then decided to increase the print run which was a big mistake
They never should have taken the decision to go with 10,000 they should have stayed with the original 4,000 or 5,000
They should have stayed with the original run that was sold out or only increase by 1,000 like they did with Aladdin

Its a nice steelboook I ordered mine day one it went live and had delivery on release day
Its one of Disney's films I like a lot

If it had of been a full gloss finish it would have been a lot better though

When Zavvi planned this release they should have kept with the original print run and they would not have ended up making a loss

Who says they are making a loss on it?

Who says they are making a loss on it?

To go from the original selling price of £22 down to £9... That's a HUGE loss bud. After all, this IS a Disney title. Zavvi isn't making much money off of these as they would with regular catalog titles.

I doubt if there are making a loss, if they were the output of Disney steelbooks would have decreased not increased........
Its only Jungle Book and the Little Mermaid they made the mistake with
They saw how quick they sold out at 5000 and decided to increase the print run

They overestimated the demand and had no choice to sell of cheaply they needed to get some return on their order even if it means just breaking even
No return of unsold stock to supplier that's the risk of taking an exclusive if you get it right its good business if you get it wrong you get stung
If you don't sell out a release your and your left with a lot of stock you must reduce to clear your stock levels
If you buy wrong it cant hurt your business
Only exception with an exclusive is with Arrow Video were an agreement is in place when Zavvi cant sell out

They did not make the same mistake with any of the other Disney releases and that's why you don't see them selling off the other Disney titles for £9.99

Last edited:
Christ, saw not 1 but 2 of these plus a Little Mermaid steel in CeX today for £10 each.

Zavvi really did order too many huh? XD

Kinda wish I grabbed one of these when they were £7.99. Ordered one last year from Zavvi Outlet with paint chips and a spine slash. The front is superb, but the back is disappointing, which is pitting it kindly. I doubt they'll never disappear from eBay though ;)