Completed The Leftovers (Season 3) [HBO]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
The Leftovers - HBO

The-Leftovers.jpg

From Damon Lindelof, co-creator of the hit series Lost, this one-hour HBO drama focuses on a suburban town whose preconceptions are shattered in the wake of a global event dubbed "The Departure" (which may or may not have been the Biblical "rapture"), in which some people were taken and others left behind.

Based on the bestselling 2011 novel by Tom Perrotta (a co-creator and EP), the series focuses on denizens of the fictional town of Mapleton, three years after the fateful October 14 day when 140 million people – 2% of the world's population – disappeared without a trace. Seen primarily through the eyes of beleaguered police chief Kevin Garvey (Justin Theroux), the series shows how ordinary people react to inexplicable events that can unite or divide families and communities, revealing how the strain of an unprecedented calamity can turn people's faith into cynicism, paranoia, madness, or cult-like fanaticism.
Leftovers_Poster_v5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
Ah I've not seen that yet. Have episodes on the pc. Just not gotten round to watching. Will need to get it watched soon

I just binged watched it this weekend. I'm not sure what to think and I don't know what to think since every episode seems to skip ahead a few weeks, but I guess with two episodes left we will see.

I can say I like the opening music theme but the opening visuals make it seem more of a religious happening whereas it really has not been explained yet and could just as equally be a scientific thing

my first theory is that there is an alternate universe we have not yet seen where the 2 percent are the only survivors and the chief is really experiencing living in both but is blacked out in one when he is in the other and just has not realized it yet

This show is absolutely amazing! Nothing like anything else. And that's a good thing. Very challenging stuff and extremely satisfying... one more week til the finale!

Reactions: kaw and PunkNinja
Wow! Tonights season 1 finale was just fantastic!
I know this show might not be for everyone, but i love it! So good!

Anyone else still watching this amazing show!?
Tonights Episode was HOLE - E - FREAKIN - WHAT!?
joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

Wow. Just Wow. I don't want to write any spoilers. But if you're not watching. WATCH. Brilliant and Crazy TV!

Reactions: Manqu
WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS!!!???

Hands down, best show on TV right now. So Good!
The last 2 weeks have been insane.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Manqu
Completely agree, as soon I've seen all episodes I'll post some thoughts of mine Damn Lindelof you got me again :p

Reactions: kaw
@Steelbookzombie I hated the song at first cause it didn't fit with the tone of the show... But now I love it. Works perfectly to offset the madness of what you are about to watch. haha

Can't believe Sunday is the final episode of the season! I really hope HBO picks it up for another season. right now its ratings are not good.
Something of this quality needs to stick around.

Those people trying to cope with the Departure Event not knowing why It's happened or where they've gone is fascinating & absorbing to! And those Guilty Remnants are just insane! I really hope they get a third season it's the brilliant show that no one is talking about!