Completed The Leftovers (Season 3) [HBO]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
The Leftovers - HBO

The-Leftovers.jpg

From Damon Lindelof, co-creator of the hit series Lost, this one-hour HBO drama focuses on a suburban town whose preconceptions are shattered in the wake of a global event dubbed "The Departure" (which may or may not have been the Biblical "rapture"), in which some people were taken and others left behind.

Based on the bestselling 2011 novel by Tom Perrotta (a co-creator and EP), the series focuses on denizens of the fictional town of Mapleton, three years after the fateful October 14 day when 140 million people – 2% of the world's population – disappeared without a trace. Seen primarily through the eyes of beleaguered police chief Kevin Garvey (Justin Theroux), the series shows how ordinary people react to inexplicable events that can unite or divide families and communities, revealing how the strain of an unprecedented calamity can turn people's faith into cynicism, paranoia, madness, or cult-like fanaticism.
Leftovers_Poster_v5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
What an amazing series! I'm so sad that its over. I think heartbreaking would be the best word to describe it.
I don't think this final season was as quite as good as season 2... but i'm glad we got one more to spend some extra time with these characters and experience some crazy storytelling and amazing acting.

If there is anyone who hasn't watched this show, I highly recommend it.

Anyone catch the series finale tonight?