The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #100) [China]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: July, 2024 (TBC)
Group buy: TBA

1716068148072.png

1716068192622.png

1716068218091.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's fair. It was just a quick copy and paste at 5am (my time earlier), from a (likely translated) Chinese statement.

To make it nice and clear..

GBs will only be sold as a x3 set. DL or OC, one for each film.

Each film will be shipped separately, July/August/September.

The PET slips for the steels will then all be shipped in October.

Sorry, still a bit confused… If you can only order them as a trilogy, who doesn’t get the PET slip? If you go OC, do you get 2 sets of slips?

Sorry, still a bit confused… If you can only order them as a trilogy, who doesn’t get the PET slip? If you go OC, do you get 2 sets of slips?
Anyone who orders at GB stage should get a pet slip. Blufans don't always sell out, they often have stock they sell later. So I assume they mean it would just be for the X amount of GB orders they receive, as they have to custom make X slips.

It's unclear how many slips each would get. Whether its one set per order, or a set per slip, which would be 3 sets for OCs.

Reactions: Rulocal
Do I understand that these publications are being prepared for the theatrical version? Will there be another, separate edition for the extended version?

I think am sticking with my HDZETA lenti set unless the slips are (middle)earth shatteringly good as I only really like the Fellowship steel here.

I would have considered a FS Blufans set to make a hybrid OC but Blufans don’t allow for that, and I can’t be arsed getting an OC and farming out the lentis.
Thinking the same here. The hdzeta steelbooks are good enough maybe better, depends on what you prefer. Still very curious about the artworks for the DL slips

Reactions: Rulocal
Do I understand that these publications are being prepared for the theatrical version? Will there be another, separate edition for the extended version?
I'm sure they'll find space for both versions in 3 steelbooks.
If not, who cares, we're not buying them for discs anyway...

brad pitt agree GIF by hero0fwar

• Haha
Reactions: milky
Anyone who orders at GB stage should get a pet slip. Blufans don't always sell out, they often have stock they sell later. So I assume they mean it would just be for the X amount of GB orders they receive, as they have to custom make X slips.

It's unclear how many slips each would get. Whether its one set per order, or a set per slip, which would be 3 sets for OCs.
So if you don't get a PET slip your steelbook rattles around loosely in the slips? :confused: And if the slips are made to normal steelbook spec then the PET won't fit in the slips.

So sounds like the PET slips are just a gimmick for displaying the steelbooks on their own. And as most people buying these won't even open them, the PETS are really quite a pointless addition IMO....

So if you don't get a PET slip your steelbook rattles around loosely in the slips? :confused: And if the slips are made to normal steelbook spec then the PET won't fit in the slips.

So sounds like the PET slips are just a gimmick for displaying the steelbooks on their own. And as most people buying these won't even open them, the PETS are really quite a pointless addition IMO....
I'd assume not. I can't see the slips being any bigger than usual blufans releases tbh. Manta "Her" for example, the slips are no bigger than usual, and the pet slip on steel fits in there fine.

I often find blufans steels are a little loose in the slips anyway, especially the older releases. So I'm not particularly worried about them fitting. The PET is certainly a gimmic though, yep.

Sorry to interject mid convo. Will this be available on the HDN Store like the previous few blufans steels? (Same applies to the other 2 LOTR films).

Fingers crossed these come with the extended versions. Still not seen them for two towers and return!

Probably just the DLs for me, just hope I like the art. The other slips need to really wow me for me to OC them

Back in the day I used to store all my premium steels outside the slip separately on the shelf. Those PET slips gifts would’ve been perfect for me then.

Haven't you? That's mad. ROTK extended is transformative!
Yeah never got around to it. And I don’t own the extended other than the jumbo fellowship steel (which I liked and hoped they continued back then)

I imagine they’ll do the extended in one version like single lentis or DLs each and the normal in the other 2 or something along those lines

Extended versions come on 2 4K discs. So these would have to come fully loaded. Especially if they're including a BD disc also.
Could happen, particularly with the OC. Blufans have a habbit of spreading discs over the separate slips. DL individual, I'd expect it to be 2 disc extended. Maybe 3 discs, both cuts in 4K.