Collectors Edition
Exclusive bonus John Philips CD
Booklet
X 4 artcards
Original press book
A4 poster of new theatrical quad

91wp71MwCjL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks amazing. I see it's a similar box design to The Third Man collector's set, but all discs seem to be Blu-ray instead of DVD this time. Wish they would do something similar for 'Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence' - bought the Blu recently but would happily double dip.

Looks amazing. I see it's a similar box design to The Third Man collector's set, but all discs seem to be Blu-ray instead of DVD this time. Wish they would do something similar for 'Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence' - bought the Blu recently but would happily double dip.
It's 4 Discs
1 Blu-ray
2 Dvd's
1 CD
Same as what third man was 4 Discs
1 Blu-ray/2 Dvd's/1 CD

Mock up image showing 4 Blu-ray Discs is wrong it's a photoshop image

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Why would you want the Criterion edition if this is a brand new pressing and odds on to be a better pressing. That's the beauty about the past couple of years. I've been able to ignore certain Criterion titles because better pressings have come out in Europe and saved myself silly money in the process.

The blu ray has all the content of the 2 DVDs (at least that's what I've read) so they're rather redundant. And region locked? Also I love the poster, but only A4, and of course it will be folded...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
I've cancelled this for now

I need to save some money for other things plus this is still available from multiple retailers for £19.99 on amazon, zavvi, HMV etc so hopefully I can pick it up in the new year. Maybe even on a price drop even though I think the current price is quite decent

Reactions: Flash
If only this artwork was on the standard Blu-ray. It's simply gorgeous! I don't listen to CDs and the DVDs I do watch are TV shows, so can't really justify buying this set.

The Criterion is awesome I don't doubt it for a minute, but eBay prices are £100 and then some. :wow:

Why would you want the Criterion edition if this is a brand new pressing and odds on to be a better pressing. That's the beauty about the past couple of years. I've been able to ignore certain Criterion titles because better pressings have come out in Europe and saved myself silly money in the process.
New pressing doesn't = Better pressing. Criterion has extremely high standards. Very few parallel releases of the same film can match Criterion quality. This is not a hard and fast rule, but 95% of the time this is true.
Probably the weirdest thing on this release is the "New interview with fan Sam Taylor-Johnson".
Why on Earth would I care what the director of 50 Shades Of Grey thinks?!:confused:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
New pressing doesn't = Better pressing. Criterion has extremely high standards. Very few parallel releases of the same film can match Criterion quality. This is not a hard and fast rule, but 95% of the time this is true.
Probably the weirdest thing on this release is the "New interview with fan Sam Taylor-Johnson".
Why on Earth would I care what the director of 50 Shades Of Grey thinks?!:confused:
Interview is with a Fan of his music you could apply the same approach why care what you think :giggle::rofl:
Only messing with you bit of fun :LOL:

Interview is with a Fan of his music you could apply the same approach why care what you think :giggle::rofl:
Only messing with you bit of fun :LOL:
;) @paulboland
It just never fails to boggle me why some discs get these really arbitrary Interviews....
This is no less bizzare than it saying "featuring a commentary track from Superfan Yahoo Serious."
:p
(Strangely...they did not call me about an interview.
Or I missed the voicemail. That was prolly it.....:D)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
;) @paulboland
It just never fails to boggle me why some discs get these really arbitrary Interviews....
This is no less bizzare than it saying "featuring a commentary track from Superfan Yahoo Serious."
:p
(Strangely...they did not call me about an interview.
Or I missed the voicemail. That was prolly it.....:D)
Missed your Voicemail :giggle:
More like who's this he is not famous enough :D

I don't mind watching interviews with someone I was not expecting as some can be quite good and often better than with those involved with the Film or Music as it's more based on a Fans take on a release
Some fans be they famous or unknown or unexpected as in who's that can give interesting interviews and some can be what was I just listening to :rofl:

It's an extra you can watch and decide if you like it or not

Disagree about Criterion. 10 years ago I might have agreed with you but too many pressings from them in recent years have had poor encoding and i can think of at least12 titles of the top of my head that got way better pressings in Europe from "M' to "Kiss me Deadly" Once in a blue moon they get it right like the recent "Cat People" or "Taste of Honey" It's actually got to the stage now that I wait until there's an Arrow or MOC version coming out as they are usually better. And beaver just did a detailed review of the forthcoming Kes and it blows the Criterion edition out of the water.......

Last edited:
I had cancelled my Amazon Order and pre ordered with Zavvi instead as it was cheaper with 10% discount code but Zavvi not shipped or charged my card which is unusual for a pre order out on Monday
I just cancelled my Zavvi order and re ordered with Amazon instead as I don't want to risk missing out due to Zavvi not shipping or issues with zavvi not having the stock arrive