The Muppets (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

May 12, 2011
Best buy Exclusive $7.50

Sku 4602982

f_muppetcase0212_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I swear this SKU was not working when I came back from the stores. I supposed the cage rattling must have done some good here. Pre-order away and get the Group Buy filled :scat::scat::scat:

NOTE: Pre-order has no limits and no in-store pickup option which means no in-person inspection for mint copies. Also, I wonder if the pre-orders can be returned or exchanged in-store.

i hope you get some mint copies best buy has a bad habit of shipping items in Jiffy bags

Man I swear this SKU was not working when I came back from the stores. I supposed the cage rattling must have done some good here. Pre-order away and get the Group Buy filled :scat::scat::scat:

NOTE: Pre-order has no limits and no in-store pickup option which means no in-person inspection for mint copies. Also, I wonder if the pre-orders can be returned or exchanged in-store.

Ash, yeah, as some folks from the site have mentioned over time skus go live and back down periodically at the BB site. Yes you can exchange in store (providing they have enough for what you need). I've never had an issue returning mailed items either, and I've been doing so for many years.Comes with the territory for fragile. Good luck for those folks buying this.

i hope you get some mint copies best buy has a bad habit of shipping items in Jiffy bags

In my past experience, only single item orders got that Jiffy bag treatment. This time I made sure they HAVE to use a box :naughty: :scat:

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Ash, yeah, as some folks from the site have mentioned over time skus go live and back down periodically at the BB site. Yes you can exchange in store (providing they have enough for what you need). I've never had an issue returning mailed items either, and I've been doing so for many years.Comes with the territory for fragile. Good luck for those folks buying this.

Very good to know. I have never had to return any BB.com pre-orders yet so we will have to see.

Just put in my online order as well :) Not really into the viva, but it's cheap (no discs) and supposedly very limited.

Just picked up the viva metal case from best buy today. Called ahead and asked if they were selling them yet it. Took the girl about 5 mins to get back to me after being on hold. She came back on the phone and said " i found it and have it in my hand" asked her if she would hold it till i got there. I think i got pretty lucky cause they didn't have any of the cases out anywhere in the store yet. she must have grabbed it from the back and held it for me :D unless thats how they have always done it??? This is my first time getting any kind of special pre-order case from best buy.

Like the dumbass that I am, today I decided to check in person all 3 BB closest to me on the whim that I might be lucky to pick it. The bottom line is that SKU is active in the in-store's sales and warehouse databases. BUT even though it shows purchasable, the warehouse has been told NOT to release them to the floor until 3/4 for all 3 stores. (Someone actually put a yellow post-in note on the carton - two stores even showed it to me. Oh so close)

The managers also told me that:
1. Only one per customer (whatever, this is easy to work around), and
2. This is very limited; the Lynnwood, WA store has 10 while the Everett, WA store has only 8 (both stores claimed no restocking). The remaining store did not want to share that information. In contrast, they "claimed" they have restockable BD of the Muppets movie in excess of 100.

Maybe someone here will have more luck at their BB stores than I did. Otherwise it looks like another early morning mad rush on March 4th. Giddy up!