The Muppets (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

May 12, 2011
Best buy Exclusive $7.50

Sku 4602982

f_muppetcase0212_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain to me why you guys in the US have empty case for pre-ordering and that we here in Canada have to buy the complete set???

I'm really wondering why the difference... :naughty:

Can someone explain to me why you guys in the US have empty case for pre-ordering and that we here in Canada have to buy the complete set???

we still get the complete set:D we just get the case for FREE:scat: the $7.50 for deposit go towards the final price of the Blu Ray and sometimes we save even more if Disney releases the $5 or $8 coupons.:scat:

and sometime, I just want the case for display purpose only for $7.50 :)

I'm killing time before I head out to get some coffee and drop by BestBuy.

we still get the complete set:D we just get the case for FREE:scat: the $7.50 for deposit go towards the final price of the Blu Ray and sometimes we save even more if Disney releases the $5 or $8 coupons.:scat:

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

wow. just came back from BestBuy...They had 5 on display (probably someone else grabbed most of them earlier). I grabbed one to inspect...and another person came by and grabbed 2 and left. I grabbed the other 2 and walked to another corner. Leave me alone while I'm inspecting :) I picked the best out of the 3 and left the 2 remaining back :)

I wonder if this release is gonna be rare or not...

Last edited:
It's listed as $29.99, but they always reduce that price the first week...so probably $24.99.

And knowing Disney, there is probably a $5 discount coupon for that week. (so possible $19.99).

Do we know how much the instore price will be for the regular BD/DVD version?

Reactions: cooey
only 1 case. It's bestbuy at it's best in describing blu-ray :hilarious:

Is there only one case? Or is there one for bluray and one for DVd? On the site it says a DVD case.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

you got a lot of buddies :)

did some shopping for some buddies on the board....
IMG_1295.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

i just checked my nearby store...this morning..the 1st page of 8 stores were still AVAILABLE. Now, 2 of the 8 stores on the 1st page is showing UNAVAILABLE. It is slowly disappearing...

Holy crap munstarz!!!!! How many stores did you raid????

I had to go to 4 stores because most of the ones near me only had 2 or 4 copies. It was a busy morning for sure.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

[/COLOR]you got a lot of buddies :)

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

believe it or not it's only for two buddies. :D

Picked up one today. My BB still had probably 6 or 7 left. I haven't actually seen the movie, but I figured I usually like the Muppets and I like cool packaging, so Disney's marketing plan worked. :D

rotten tomatoes gave it 96% rating...and that's pretty impressive I must admit... I agree with most of their crappy ratings though.

I picked up 5x from 2 stores, no questions asked. Both were female cashiers. Any good reviews on the movie?

I went around 1 pm to my local best buy they had 4 left one with a horrible dent on the spine. I took 2 and left one good one. I have another BB by my job and they usually do not sell out quickly at all there.

I think they do this in the US to get your money first. A. Your basically giving BB $7.50 and you may never even come in and get the movie which is just more money in their pockets when other come and buy the movie and only get the movie. B. It basically guarantees you'll buy BB's exclusive over other stores exclusives.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: DJ IXS